shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost to have a diamond set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phiremin

Rough_Rock
I''m about to buy a tiffany 6 prong solitaire platinum setting from an independent store in the mall (yea, I know, stay away from the mall, but my girlfriend is in love with the setting). I plan on purchasing a 1ct diamond from a vendor on Pricescope.

I will need to take it to a local jewelry store to have it set. How much should I pay to have the diamond set? How much to have it appraised by a local jewelry store for insurance purposes?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Phiremin:

Have you considered asking the company who sells you the diamond to set it in your setting?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

blakeo

Rough_Rock
I purchased a loose diamond online a few weeks back and the setting from a different online vendor yesterday. One location has quoted Canadian $200 to set the stone (independant jeweller), another (Birks maul jewellers) indicated they can't qhote until they see the stone and the setting. I'd be interested to see what others say on this thread as I think $200 is excessive (I can get a whole new setting for that!)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Good idea about letting the PS vendor set the stone.

I had my stone set by the people who I bought the setting from. The cost was $40.00. Sizing would be extra.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the size of the diamond, most places here in Sarasota would charge between $40 to $90 to set the stone.

Again, depending on the size, most appraisers probably would charge between $75 to $150 to appraise it.

phiremin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the good advice. The store where I bought the setting wanted $150 to set a diamond purchased off the internet...no charge if I bought the diamond from them. This sounded excessive and an attempt to get me top purchase a diamond from them (for more $$$ of course). I figured I could probably do better somewhere else, but hten again I am new at this and don't really know the going rate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results