shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of Lab vs. Mined diamond tennis bracelet?

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
I have searched and searched for a 2ct tennis bracelet and am surprised at the cost of MMD/lab grown versions compared to mined diamond bracelets. I'm looking at the major lab grown retailers online, and at smaller sellers on Etsy, and everything in the range of G-H color, VS-SI1 clarity seems comparable (or even higher) to what I can find online for mined diamonds at a couple of PS recommended jewelers.

I did see a better price on James Allen lab grown bracelets but unfortunately they are only available in white gold. I've requested to be notified if they start making them in yellow gold.

It's shocking to see what some Etsy dealers are asking for I-J color, I clarity bracelets --both mined and lab grown. Are my expectations out of whack?

Any insight/recommendations are greatly appreciated!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been looking into this too. I remember IDJ had lab diamond tennis bracelets as does Charles & Colvard. I remember the IDJ ones being a decent price compared to the James Allen ones but didn’t inquire further cause I wanted to see what was available preloved. Please let me know what you find though cause yellow gold tennis bracelet is on my wish list too.

Edit - I can’t remember the actual prices of anything off the top of my head but will look again after work.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been looking into this too. I remember IDJ had lab diamond tennis bracelets as does Charles & Colvard. I remember the IDJ ones being a decent price compared to the James Allen ones but didn’t inquire further cause I wanted to see what was available preloved. Please let me know what you find though cause yellow gold tennis bracelet is on my wish list too.

Edit - I can’t remember the actual prices of anything off the top of my head but will look again after work.

Hi Winnie, I was not aware that IDJ works with lab diamonds! Wow! This is good to know.

TARSHA

Rough_Rock
If you are a COSTCO member, keep checking them. Right now, their 1 ctw is out of stock; but, they are showing a 3 ctw. Perhaps, a 2 ctw will come in.

Beagles

Shiny_Rock

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
The Real Real has a lot of lab diamond pieces coming in through "Badgley Mischka" - they had some 8ct and 7ct bracelets coming in at like $3500, may be worth a saved search to see if any more come in. Stacking that with a gift card offer could be really nice.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone finds out the cost of a minimalist 1 ct bracelet please post, I’m interested.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Are you open to moissanites? There's a stellar deal for a 5ct sterling moissanite tennis bracelet on Overstock for like $275

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The bigger the individual diamond, the larger the savings for lab vs. mined. I actually don't feel like there's much savings if it's much smaller than 0.5ct per diamond. A lot of the cost for the tennis bracelet is in cutting and setting of the individual stones, and the setting itself!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need yellow gold, I have reactions to anything less.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was spec'ing my own tennis bracelet, I found I could get a 5cttw I/SI 14K WG bezel set bracelet with mined diamonds for just under 1k USD more than a 10K WG EF/SI 3mm lab/MMD stones, so I opted for the mined diamond version.

DK :))

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
The bigger the individual diamond, the larger the savings for lab vs. mined. I actually don't feel like there's much savings if it's much smaller than 0.5ct per diamond. A lot of the cost for the tennis bracelet is in cutting and setting of the individual stones, and the setting itself!

That makes sense!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Haven’t heard back from IDJ yet but saw this...

They have a 10% off coupon.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Check Ouros Jewels on Etsy. Vijay is recommended by PS’ers and he has tennis bracelets that are very reasonably priced. I have a 5ct natural diamond tennis bracelet and thinking about purchasing a MMD tennis bracelet from Vijay since it’s so reasonable.

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Checking in here to see if anyone has discovered any new places offering lab diamond tennis bracelets or has any pics to share! I’ve been on the fence for a while on this.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
IDJ can do lab tennis bracelets in yellow gold but in the 4 prong setting only. Jonna no longer works there for anyone who used her as their main point of contact.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Another option for you all. They do white & yellow gold and are having a sale.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results