shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of a pre loved AVR?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautifu! I love that profile! Great choice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Looks great with the rose gold. Is that a 16 inch chain or did you go longer?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it! :love: You must post a thread in show me the bling!!! Can't WAIT to see the AVC, too!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great size and beautiful setting! Thought to ask if the setting you chosed was specifically so that the stone would not flip? Did BG help you chose the design? Just wanted to ask as other postings I've read sometimes their bezeled diamond did not lay flat and caused their diamond to flip over. Thanks for sharing and coming back to post pictures! :wavey:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
The BG Barbara pendant is a wonderful choice! I love the color and profile. :love: Any chance for a view of the back of the pendant (pavilion side)? Does the clasp side of the chain tend to move its way to the front at all, or does the bezel flip over?

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words and complements!

The length of the chain and the setting are a bit of a story and lesson learned! I currently have a Tiffany 18" necklace with the interconnected gold/rose gold/silver necklace, so I wanted to be able to wear the diamond pendant with that necklace (So the diamond pendant is "16) and I also then had the sapphire stone laying around from and old ring and decided to put it into a pendant and thought I would put that on a custom 14" chain and added a custom 2" extender. Well, I learned in the process, the 14" is too small for my neck, so I HAVE to wear the 2" extender (ha ha...could've measured, but why be smart, right??). The customization of the shorter chain and the 2" extender, was pricey (these were Brian Gavin pieces) and I learned that the custom clasp isn't as nice (easy to grasp) as the standard and has no intermediate adjustment spaces...IMO. So then I bought a 1" extender for $3 from Etsy for my diamond pendant so they are different lengths. Because the sapphire is so tiny and lightweight, it always rides much higher and so they layer nicely. In summary, the Tiffany is 18", the diamond is 17" (when using the 1" extender) and the sapphire is 14" + 2" extender = 16" chain....I don't wear all three ever, and due to the differing weights of each, they each hang differently.

Regarding the settings I chose...well that is a little story in and of itself! LOL I had chosen a fixed prong setting for the sapphire and the bezel for the diamond, but BG actually made a mistake and bezeled the sapphire. They called me in a panic, explained that it is dangerous to remove a bezel from a colored stone due to breakage and would I be ok w/just staying with it. They handled it very professionally, honestly and what is life without some adjustment to one's expectations!!??? (read my Custom AVC posting next! Ugh! LOL).

So, the sapphire will occasionally flip up if it rides too high up on my neck, but I don't let it go up there really, so I don't see that happen. Once in a great while I will see the diamond twist from the front to the back (not sure if that is what you are referring), but it is SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND that I have been shocked when I have noticed because it sparkles like a crazy little fire ball from the back side too!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these AVR's :)

I hope i have answered your questions, otherwise, keep asking!!

img_11662.jpg

img_11663.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Skhii|1462312657|4026756 said:
The BG Barbara pendant is a wonderful choice! I love the color and profile. :love: Any chance for a view of the back of the pendant (pavilion side)? Does the clasp side of the chain tend to move its way to the front at all, or does the bezel flip over?

Thank you Skhii :love:

I am traveling right now, but I have the BG glamor shot that they provided of the back. I will try to take some pics tomorrow. The clasp hasn't worked its way around much at all, I would say less than other necklaces that I have. And no, I really am pleased with the pendant with both the weight of the diamond and the pendant, it seems to stay put and hanging towards the front 98% of the time. :appl:

briangavin_barbara_elainer2b_042216.jpg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the photos, LaineyRod! The extender pics and other information is really helpful! I enjoyed reading the backstory and am glad everything worked out in the end. ::)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and beautiful necklace! What a great find! I'm glad it worked out so well for you! :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Skhii|1462312657|4026756 said:

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms today, I hope your day was filled with bling and more importantly love!!! Sorry for the delay on the more back views Skhii, it has been a busy past few days, but I didn't forget :love: (I am so sorry they are sideways, ugh! - why does it do that sometimes?)

img_11728.jpg

img_11729.jpg

img_11730.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely stone!! I love how you set it and I'm happy to see this thread since I just listed my 1.64 N SI AVR and am unsure how to price it. I left a bit of wiggle room in the price but not much. They are so worth the premium having owned well cut non AVR OEC and the personality it has can be seen from across the room.
No way I'm taking a 20% loss on it, I'd keep it first!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
vintagelover229|1462796424|4029239 said:
What a lovely stone!! I love how you set it and I'm happy to see this thread since I just listed my 1.64 N SI AVR and am unsure how to price it. I left a bit of wiggle room in the price but not much. They are so worth the premium having owned well cut non AVR OEC and the personality it has can be seen from across the room.
No way I'm taking a 20% loss on it, I'd keep it first!

Thank you Vintagelover!
Yes, I just saw your listing yesterday! :love: Your stone is beautiful and the pastels are to die for --- Signature AV!!! I have never had an OEC (non AVR) but I would love to see one in real life to make the comparison. I am relatively new to the diamond world and happened to stumble upon AVRs/AVCs and PriceScope about 6 weeks into my researching and learning. So my eyes and heart have just fallen in love with the August Vintage diamonds, but my mind is still learning everything there is to learn about all diamonds and settings in general. I feel so lucky to have found PS and to have such a resource!!! :read:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the photos, Lainey! :wavey: You're the best! I read the good news about your AVC! I'm glad you gave it a chance and fell in love with it~ ^^ Enjoy, and wear your new AV diamonds in great health!!! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results