shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost/Ideal-Scope/Cut Adviser question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shaunco

Rough_Rock
I want to use the ideal-scope to look at a diamond I am going to buy... I''m not sure what it SHOULD look like through the scope. Can someone post a picture of what this should look like?

When looking at the diamond I couldn''t see any flaws with my eye or with a 10x scope... I looked at a few VVS2''s where I could see stuff with my naked eye... I even looked at an IF stone that had surface flaws I could see with my naked eye. The guy selling the the stone and my friend agreed that it should be a VS2 or VS1... The cert shows 2 tiny feather flaws (1 on a star facet, 1 on a bezel facet) and 1 natural flaw (on a lower girdle facet very close to the girdle)... so what does GIA base the grade on?

Also, what would be a reasonable price to pay for the diamond listed below?

What do I enter into the cut adviser for Crown and Pavilion angle for the diamond listed below?

Diamond Info:
-------------------------------------
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.44 - 7.52 x 4.57mm
Weight: 1.52carat
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Very Thin to Slightly thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
clarity grade: SI2
Color: H
Fluorescence: None
-------------------------------------

Thanks!
-Shaun

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Shaunco,

As you can see from materials posted on ideal-scope, well cut diamonds do not have much of visible like leakage i.e. white or pale pink.

You don't have crown and pavilion angles for the stone. If you have GIA grading report, it doesn't show these numbers. If you want to use cut adviser, you have to inquire about crown and pavilion angles from you vendor. These numbers are rather easy to obtain using Sarin or Ogi measurements.

shaunco

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info... any ideas on what that stone *SHOULD* cost?

-Shaun

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Run a search on the front page and you will get the lowest prices possible
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results