shape
carat
color
clarity

correct measurements for a 0.94 ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherry

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been looking for a diamond recently and i have found a RB 0.94 ct, I/VS1 diamond in my local store. But I haven't got any more informations from them yet, and they just gave me the measurements,
it's 6.2-6.3x3.8 . is it a correct measurement for a .94 ct diamond? the measurement seems a bit smaller than .94 comparing with other .94ct . Any opinion on the measurements?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
What? Are you asking about a round brilliant? And do you really mean 1.94?

A .94 ct would measure around 6.40 or so, give or take a bit.....a full carat measures around 6.50

cherry

Rough_Rock
oops....sorry for the typo, it should be 6.2-6.3x3.8 . I made a correction already.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it could be a little deep if a well-cut is around 6.4mm, the average on this one is more like 6.25mm so it will look smaller than .94c. Maybe more like a .90c.

cherry

Rough_Rock
so does it mean that it's not a well cut diamond?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knows.

Get the following:

table %

depth %

crown angle

pavilion angle

fluorescence

girdle %

culet

Then people can tell you more. Until then, we can only speculate.

cherry

Rough_Rock
I still haven't got the above information from the jeweller yet. But according to the measurement only, is it possible to have the measurement 6.2-6.3x3.8 for a 0.94 ct RB ? coz I have browsed a little bit and that measurement seems matching 0.90-0.92 ct...
I am so confused now
confused.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I have a diamond that is .94ct. (I was told .93 when I bought it, .94 when I had it re-set). It's only 6.0 x 6.10. That's WAY too deep. It needs to go.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chances are this stone is a little deep. Meaning that if a well-cut .94c with a 6.4mm average diameter had something like:

table: 56%

depth: 61%

crown angle: 34.5

pav angle: 40.6

and that looked like a .94c should....

Then your stone may be something like

63% depth

pav angle: 41

OR have an overly thick girdle whereas the first stone may have a thin-med girdle, yours may be thick-slightly thick...therefore hiding some of the carat weight that EXISTS but its in the girdle, not in the diameter.

Does that make sense?

cherry

Rough_Rock
The depth for the diamond is 3.8 mm according to the measurement which the jeweller gave it to me. Does the depth include the girdle? If you think it's too deep, then what is the ideal or good depth for a 0.94 ct ?

I just compared with other 0.94 ct diamond, the measurement which i got was smaller in overall, and I found similar measurements which is a 0.92....so where does the 0.02 ct go?
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cherry, you REALLY need to get more information from the jeweler. Until you do that, people cannot be of more help.

Using rough estimations, seems like the depth may be around 60.8% and I don't believe that includes the girdle. So the .02 may be in the girdle. But again, we don't really know! get more info.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Instead of speculating and worrying and angsting over what may turn out to be nothing, it would be much better to just get the information from the jeweler.

These things take time and a bit of homework, and there are no shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results