shape
carat
color
clarity

Correct approach for purchasing diamonds

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I am a total noob to the process of buying diamonds, and I would love to learn as much as I can about how to go about buying the perfect diamond. Is there some simple step-by-step approach to it?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Luxxy,

Take a look at the web sites of some of the vendors here. Read their educational pages. Then go look at real diamonds in bricks and mortar stores but do not fall prey to any of the sales clerks that you are working with.

When you think you have a general idea of what you want, what your size requirements are, and what your budget is, ask the good people here for help. There are people here who will bend themselves in knots to help you if you will do a little homework first.

If you come with only a request for all the work to be done for you, you will find your request dropping back down to the bottom of the page unanswered as this one was when I saw it just now. Another few minutes and it would have disappeared into the lost pages, never to be seen again.

I predict that with even a little homework you will know more about what you want and then the answers will flow!

I wish you a happy and enjoyable search with a happy result!

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you buying for yourself or for someone else?

It makes a difference as to where you start your search.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes the jewelry is for me. I have never bought anything for myself before, and this is going to be my first time. I really appreciate all the help you're giving me.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't know where you live, but always fun to get ideas at tiffanys or Cartier, etc
Then come back here to buy.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1479572214|4100555 said:
Don't know where you live, but always fun to get ideas at tiffanys or Cartier, etc
Then come back here to buy.
+1
Go to B&M stores. Get some ideas and determine your budget, the 4c and the shape. Make sure you try different settings and compare diamonds of different shape, carat weight and color in person. Then, come back here.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
It's great to know that I'm on the right track. I have been trying on different items at the local jewelry stores, and then using this forum to learn more so that I can make the right choices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results