shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus Updates November 2020...please add yours.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Australia!!! Apparently someone lied while they were being interviewed by contact tracers so now the 6 day lockdown might not be needed. The South Australians will likely be released on Saturday!

I am still finding it amusing how amenable we are to being locked up randomly.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Whelp, DD just called. She dropped in Friday evening with a gift for hubby's b-day. She stayed across the room, unmasked except for a few minutes handing gift to hubby. Her S/o likely has COVID. DD has developed body aches.

Hubby, my adult son and myself were in the room. Not sure how this will go. My sister is a community paramedic and has seen endless COVID. She said we should be aware, but it did not automatically spread to our household.

Now we wait for their tests, and our 14 days.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @moneymeister . Sending dust and prayers that your daughter’s SO has a mild case and everyone else remains healthy and virus free. Is your area being hit hard by the virus?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @moneymeister . Sending dust and prayers that your daughter’s SO has a mild case and everyone else remains healthy and virus free. Is your area being hit hard by the virus?

Thanks for the dust. I do not know of any special outbreaks. Like everywhere, our state is struggling with some rising of numbers. Virginia has stayed masked though, and we have not been hit like some other states. Her S/o works in a plant, so that may be where the exposure came from, if it is indeed COVID. We don't have local flu though, and he is really not feeling very well with fluish symptoms, so I assume it's COVID until screened out.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s always better to error on the side of caution. Hopefully this a run of the mill virus and not Covid. Please keep us posted @moneymeister.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Doctor called them back - flu tests negative/ Both running 99.5 now

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh very good friends of mine, their son in law is positive with possible exposure for others in the family some of whom are very very high risk. So far 2 negatives thank God.

@Karl_K I hope their son-in-law has a mild case...and your friends remain negative..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coronavirus updates today from NPR. I copied and pasted as best I could but charts and graphs didn't post so if you're interested you can click onto the links.

"
U.K.-based pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca has developed a vaccine that initial results show to be "highly effective in preventing" COVID-19, the company announced Monday.

The vaccine, developed with the University of Oxford, showed an average efficacy of 70% in preventing the coronavirus, according to the company. However, that is an average of two dosing regimens — one involving two full doses at least a month apart that proved to be 62% effective. A second regimen, involving a half dose followed by a full does at least one month later was 90% effective, the company said.

The analysis of clinical studies of the vaccine trial showed no hospitalizations or severe cases in participants receiving the drug.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted his excitement early Monday after AstraZeneca and Oxford announced their results.

"Incredibly exciting news the Oxford vaccine has proved so effective in trials. There are still further safety checks ahead, but these are fantastic results," he said."

"
This page is updated regularly.

More than 12 million people in the U.S. have had confirmed coronavirus infections and more than 250,000 have died of COVID-19. Tens of thousands of new cases are reported daily nationwide. In the graphics below, explore the trends in your state.

View the data via a heat map (immediately below), curve charts, a table of state-by-state trends over four weeks, or a map of total cases and deaths.

The map above shows the risk of infection in each state based on new daily cases per capita. The consortium of researchers and public health experts who developed these risk levels advises states in the red category to issue stay-home orders. They advise orange states to consider stay-home orders, along with increased testing and contact tracing. Yellow states need to keep up social distancing and mask usage, and all states should continue testing and contact tracing.

To compare state outbreaks, the chart above graphs trend lines for average new daily cases and deaths against each state's totals to date. This type of visualization highlights a state's daily growth or decline relative to the overall size of its outbreak.

When both new and total case and death counts grow quickly, the curves bend upward. As new cases and deaths slow, the curves level or bend down. In New York, the curve rose sharply before reaching over 170,000 total cases in April. New cases fell from about 10,000 per day in mid-April to under 900 a day most of the summer, before starting to rise in the fall.

Explore the map above to see totals and per capita figures around the country for both new confirmed cases and reported deaths from COVID-19. New York was the original epicenter of the pandemic in the U.S. As of mid October, California, Florida and Texas surpass New York for total cases to date, though New York still has the highest death total.

Click here to see a global map of confirmed cases and deaths.

To show trends, the table below shows the change in average new cases per day in each state, week over week for the last 28 days. States marked in shades of red have growing outbreaks; those in shades of green, are declining.

"

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Coronavirus updates today from NPR. I copied and pasted as best I could but charts and graphs didn't post so if you're interested you can click onto the links.

"
U.K.-based pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca has developed a vaccine that initial results show to be "highly effective in preventing" COVID-19, the company announced Monday.

The vaccine, developed with the University of Oxford, showed an average efficacy of 70% in preventing the coronavirus, according to the company. However, that is an average of two dosing regimens — one involving two full doses at least a month apart that proved to be 62% effective. A second regimen, involving a half dose followed by a full does at least one month later was 90% effective, the company said.

The analysis of clinical studies of the vaccine trial showed no hospitalizations or severe cases in participants receiving the drug.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted his excitement early Monday after AstraZeneca and Oxford announced their results.

"Incredibly exciting news the Oxford vaccine has proved so effective in trials. There are still further safety checks ahead, but these are fantastic results," he said."

"
This page is updated regularly.

More than 12 million people in the U.S. have had confirmed coronavirus infections and more than 250,000 have died of COVID-19. Tens of thousands of new cases are reported daily nationwide. In the graphics below, explore the trends in your state.

View the data via a heat map (immediately below), curve charts, a table of state-by-state trends over four weeks, or a map of total cases and deaths.

The map above shows the risk of infection in each state based on new daily cases per capita. The consortium of researchers and public health experts who developed these risk levels advises states in the red category to issue stay-home orders. They advise orange states to consider stay-home orders, along with increased testing and contact tracing. Yellow states need to keep up social distancing and mask usage, and all states should continue testing and contact tracing.

To compare state outbreaks, the chart above graphs trend lines for average new daily cases and deaths against each state's totals to date. This type of visualization highlights a state's daily growth or decline relative to the overall size of its outbreak.

When both new and total case and death counts grow quickly, the curves bend upward. As new cases and deaths slow, the curves level or bend down. In New York, the curve rose sharply before reaching over 170,000 total cases in April. New cases fell from about 10,000 per day in mid-April to under 900 a day most of the summer, before starting to rise in the fall.

Explore the map above to see totals and per capita figures around the country for both new confirmed cases and reported deaths from COVID-19. New York was the original epicenter of the pandemic in the U.S. As of mid October, California, Florida and Texas surpass New York for total cases to date, though New York still has the highest death total.

Click here to see a global map of confirmed cases and deaths.

To show trends, the table below shows the change in average new cases per day in each state, week over week for the last 28 days. States marked in shades of red have growing outbreaks; those in shades of green, are declining.

"

Missy, thanks for your kind support. Now it's just watch and wait.

The map you published is excellent. I saved it to my COVID dashboards. I cannot wait until we can push away from this dreary, deadly place.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also UK here...

The new tier system has been announced, and my county is in Tier 2, which means the 2 pubs in town that I frequent cannot re-open, as they are wet-led, one does not serve food at all, and the other, my favourite, does not serve food that qualifies for re-opening.

I fully expected some form of restrictions to be in place in December and the festive season, and had made the decision to "cancel" Christmas myself at least 2 months ago.

However, the confirmation still comes as a blow.

Nevermind.

DK :roll2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, church provides immunity to large crowds!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Indoor settings tend to be more dangerous than outdoor settings.

True, and I personally would stay far away from indoor anything right now. However...it's a slippery slope. We should not limit free speech. We can choose to avoid fools.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Saying that, I promise I get why this makes people upset, uneasy and frightened. Anything that brings people together to swap breath seems like it is against the best interest for society.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saying that, I promise I get why this makes people upset, uneasy and frightened. Anything that brings people together to swap breath seems like it is against the best interest for society.

how are you and your's feeling today ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so our boarders are shut to almost all except NZers returning home but the govt is finally allowing some foreign workers back in to pick fruit
but its going to be too late for the first of the cherries

in other news NZ cricket is hosting Pakistan who are at present in guateteen
6 members of the touring party just tested positive and the touring party has not been abiding by the special rules that have been adjudged for them

and then....

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
how are you and your's feeling today ?

Knocking on wood. Besides being over warm from cooking, feeling fine. Making dinner for myself and son who lives with us. Hubby is working today. We won't have family in this year, but will do a Thanksgiving meal after things are relatively safe. This is day 6.

Daughter and her s/o feel fine, if only slightly tired.

Thanks for asking :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Knocking on wood. Besides being over warm from cooking, feeling fine. Making dinner for myself and son who lives with us. Hubby is working today. We won't have family in this year, but will do a Thanksgiving meal after things are relatively safe. This is day 6.

Daughter and her s/o feel fine, if only slightly tired.

Thanks for asking :)

it can't be a good feeling going through this
i hope all the worry turns out to be for nothing and even the tiredness is just nornal tiredness

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The "kids" were COVID negative and are feeling fine now. YAY.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend has been working in person. She got sick a week ago and found out a few days ago that two people in the office tested positive. She and her husband just got their tests back positive. He is very sick, though no breathing problems so that is a positive. They have four kids all under 10. So far kids are healthy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results