shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus updates March 2021...please add yours.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
First shot of Pfizer done!!!!
Time from entering to shot roughly 4 min then 15 min wait in the observation area. The worst part was the heat was on mega high and I was glad to get out of there!
They had 14 of 21 shot stations open and roughly 7 in use at any one time so it was far from capacity.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
So excited! Able to register today and have an appointment on Wed morning. They don’t tell you what you are getting but will take whatever is available. Last one in my son who will be in the last group. Very thankful and hopeful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another event postponed from last year has been postponed to next year, hey ho!

DK :confused2:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
So excited! Able to register today and have an appointment on Wed morning. They don’t tell you what you are getting but will take whatever is available. Last one in my son who will be in the last group. Very thankful and hopeful!

Meant last one in my family except my son!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K I agree with you. The experts say to take whatever vaccine is offered to you...My son and daughter-in-law agree with them and will take any vaccine that they are offered. I would have waited for Moderna or Pfizer...because I’m older. I just completed my shots last week. I received the Moderna vaccine. One week to go and I’m fully vaccinated. I read that the vaccines may only protect for three to four months. They don’t have the data yet. That would be so disappointing..

Hopefully people will not need boosters as quickly as every three to four months! Otherwise that is going to be a nightmare for the roll out of this across the world.

I know the projection is that if you want to be able to get a vaccine you should allegedly be able to get one anywhere in the United States come July, but I think that is an unrealistic expectation based upon the numbers and speed.

If you have to boost everyone that's already had it and they need the booster before you immunize new people to keep efficacy, wow, that would be a logistical mess.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully people will not need boosters as quickly as every three to four months! Otherwise that is going to be a nightmare for the roll out of this across the world.

I know the projection is that if you want to be able to get a vaccine you should allegedly be able to get one anywhere in the United States come July, but I think that is an unrealistic expectation based upon the numbers and speed.

If you have to boost everyone that's already had it and they need the booster before you immunize new people to keep efficacy, wow, that would be a logistical mess.

I agree..I felt deflated when I found out after my second shot. I hope the vaccines prove to last much longer.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I agree..I felt deflated when I found out after my second shot. I hope the vaccines prove to last much longer.

I'm not eligible yet, but if everyone that is vaccinated has to get a booster first in a few months, we are in for a rough time of it. I guess only time will tell because it's a big unknown.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not eligible yet, but if everyone that is vaccinated has to get a booster first in a few months, we are in for a rough time of it. I guess only time will tell because it's a big unknown.

I don’t think it will before everyone is vaccinated. Who knows when that will be..I read that Moderna will reformulate the original vaccine to include the variants..They won’t get the original one. The people that got the original vaccines will get the booster with the variants formula.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mom got her second Pfizer today, I can't even explain how relieved I am. Step-Dad gets his next week, my younger brothers get their first the week after. Now I just need DH and at least my bubble has done all they can do.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing has changed here, just roll out of vaccine program. A few token efforts at social distancing but we've had no cases here for months so it's almost life as normal again!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First shot of Pfizer done!!!!
Time from entering to shot roughly 4 min then 15 min wait in the observation area. The worst part was the heat was on mega high and I was glad to get out of there!
They had 14 of 21 shot stations open and roughly 7 in use at any one time so it was far from capacity.

Stormy, what location did you go to?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stormy, what location did you go to?

national guard site on sandy hollow rd in the old kmart building.
From what I was told they are mostly using pfizer there because they have the coolers for it and it has the toughest storage requirements.
From what the lady there said they used the j&j one day and the moderna a couple times when they were out of pfizer.
That is just info from someone working there not any kind of official statement.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
national guard site on sandy hollow rd in the old kmart building.
From what I was told they are mostly using pfizer there because they have the coolers for it and it has the toughest storage requirements.
From what the lady there said they used the j&j one day and the moderna a couple times when they were out of pfizer.
That is just info from someone working there not any kind of official statement.

Gotcha -- thx!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Starting on Monday, (March 29) Texas will allow anyone to get the vaccine.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow my husband and I will be done with our two week waiting period after our second vaccine doses. Now that that other big problem is gone too, it will mark the official end of The Year From Hell for us. We are going out to dinner, in a restaurant, with walls and other people and everything!

I feel like one good thing to come of all this is that I'm sure I will appreciate my daily life far more than I ever used to.

Just hold on a little longer, peeps. It's almost over!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my first Pfizer shot!!! I didnt feel a thing!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter left work early yesterday because she felt exhausted and slightly nauseated. Her chest felt a little tight and she said she felt a bit stressed. But there are logical explanations for that. She has been keeping late hours lately (recently completed a course to teach EFL, while working full time) and had not eaten enough for breakfast (she has to be at work at 6 a.m. so it's easy to miss sleep and breakfast), and apparently a coworker was also feeling a bit "off". Her temperature and oxygen saturation (per our oximeter) were normal. No chills, no cough, no headache or any other aches, nor any other symptoms of COVID or of pneumonia. Or flu or a cold, for that matter.

She slept most of the afternoon and had a good appetite for supper. No more nausea. She watched TV with us in the evening and headed off to bed planning to go to work today.

However, this morning she called in sick as she was still very tired. She slept all morning. When she got up she still felt some tightness in her chest and fatigue, but no other symptoms. She stayed up for a few hours, ate a good lunch, and then went to nap again. Every few hours she checks her temp and O2 but they are normal.

Meanwhile I've been taking precautions just in case; We both wear an N95 mask when we're in the same room (DH and I had our 2nd vaccine dose only 3 days ago so we are not "fully vaccinated" yet). I'll get my husband to wear a mask around her when he gets home, too.

So we are in limbo here, wondering if this is just some random bug that is going around her shop or whether she will develop more symptoms. There didn't seem to be enough reason to be tested for COVID yet. If she's still like this tomorrow, she'll call her Dr. and ask if she should get tested.

*sigh*

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9 days back at work and I'm now in quarantine for being a close contact to a positive case at school. The case was discovered because of NYCs random testing. I've been vaccinated but my school still ordered me to quarantine until I'm cleared by test and trace (which I don't think they'll do since we're on spring break). I'm going to get tested today for peace of mind and again on Tuesday.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got the vaccine. Researching whether or not I qualified was a bit painful, since the disease diagnosis was a blow to my self esteem. However, now I have more education about it and am grateful to the doctors who monitor(ed) me. =)2

Of course, now I get “why did you get vaccinated? You’re not old!” comments. :rolleyes: The vaccination site just took one look at my chronic condition and said “yup you’re good to go!”

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter went back to work today as she felt better. She will qualify to schedule the vaccine on April 1 under the new CT vaccination guidelines. I will feel so much better when she is fully vaccinated. At work she serves hundreds of people per day; any one of them could be contagious. Fortunately most customers use the drive-thru.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: our daughter came home not feeling so well after her workday Friday-- fatigue, chest tightness, and her O2 saturation had dropped a few points (but still in normal range), so I urged her to get a COVID test-- and she scheduled it for Saturday afternoon.

From Friday night on we three avoided each other (not easy in our little 2 bedroom house) and we all wore masks when we had to be within 6 feet. Meals were eaten at a distance from her. By Saturday she was feeling better but still went for her test at CVS. She had to swab her own nose.

She just got back her result now: negative. A huge relief, and boy are we glad to take off the darned masks. She'll qualify for the vaccine on Thursday 4/1, and in a week my husband and I will be 2 weeks past our second dose. I feel like we dodged a bullet.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH will get Pfizer on Thursday, I'm SO relieved. All that's left in my little bubble of loved ones are my children, FX it will be approved within a few months.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had my 2nd Moderna dose yesterday afternoon. No side effects other than a slightly sore arm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results