shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus updates December 2020...please add yours.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"Queensland has reopened its borders to Victorians and Sydneysiders, and South Australia is once again welcoming travellers from Victoria. The Chinese Embassy has issued a statement after Prime Minister Scott Morrison demanded an apology for a doctored image."

"
NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- New York City will reopen its school system to in-person learning with a phased approach beginning in early-December.

The announcement marks a major policy reversal for the nation's largest school system, just 10 days after Mayor Bill de Blasio, a Democrat, announced that schools were shutting down because of a rising number of COVID-19 cases in the city.

Some elementary schools and pre-kindergarten programs will resume classes on December 7, a week from Monday, the mayor said. Others will take longer to reopen their doors.

According to the mayor's breakdown, 3-K, Pre-K and grades K-5 will return to in-person learning on December 7.

D75 schools that cater to students with disabilities will return to in-person learning on Thursday, December 10.

The plan for reopening middle and high schools is still being developed, de Blasio said. Those students will remain on the remote learning plan for now.

"

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Governor Newsom is warning that drastic stay at home measures might have to be taken soon in California. He made his case yesterday. Our ICU’s will be overwhelmed in some areas in two weeks, others in a month. The hospitals will be at about 80% capacity.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a buffet today!!!!! Well a post Covid buffet!

Socially distanced tables and they serve you your food. Not bad at all!

It's strange watching everything return to "normal" and yet you know the outside world cannot come in. Very peculiar.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yep Melbourne here, borders have reopened and I've got family flying down from Queensland to visit over the holidays. It's been hard with the borders closed and having to hotel quarantine if we were exempt. The trouble is if we had another outbreak here we're worried that Queensland might shut their borders again.

Melbourne, Victoria are due to resume international flights for return travellers on the 13th or 15th December and they would have to hotel quarantine. We're all worried that it's going to increase the covid cases here. We don't want a third wave as a result of the hotel quarantine debacle last time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done my neighbours
im so happy for you
everyone should buy a bottle of Australian wine in your honour
....serously people put a bottle of Aussie plonk in your shopping cart this week
i know we arnt surposed to get political but i won't stand by while our closest cobbas are getting bullied

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04 I think you guys will be fine. You have learnt a rough lesson and with the SA scare I am sure extra lessons were learnt there too.

So excited that you get to see family again!!!

Thank you lovely. It's still a bit surreal. My sister just had a baby so everyone is excited to visit but cautious at the same time. We can never get too complacent though. There were traces of covid in our sewerage waters so the government has asked people in those areas to come forward to get tested.

well done my neighbours
im so happy for you
everyone should buy a bottle of Australian wine in your honour
....serously people put a bottle of Aussie plonk in your shopping cart this week
i know we arnt surposed to get political but i won't stand by while our closest cobbas are getting bullied

Yes everyone should buy our wine! And seafood and everything else we export lol. Share the love. Now more than ever we should show our solidarity. Thank you neighbour!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MHRA, UK's regulator for medicinal products has approved the Pfizer BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine. :appl:

Perhaps there is a silver lining to the mess that is Brexit for the pharma industry afterall, in that MHRA can operate independently of EMEA!

DK =)2

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
MHRA, UK's regulator for medicinal products has approved the Pfizer BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine. :appl:

Perhaps there is a silver lining to the mess that is Brexit for the pharma industry afterall, in that MHRA can operate independently of EMEA!

DK =)2

Fantastic news for the UK....Congrats friends!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Governor Newsom is warning that drastic stay at home measures might have to be taken soon in California. He made his case yesterday. Our ICU’s will be overwhelmed in some areas in two weeks, others in a month. The hospitals will be at about 80% capacity.
Why should I follow his rules if he doesn't follow his own rules? :rolleyes:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang we registered one case today. Quarantine hotel worker.

The state is scrambling right now. Such a pity after 25 days of zero community cases.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang we registered one case today. Quarantine hotel worker.

The state is scrambling right now. Such a pity after 25 days of zero community cases.

it will be ok
hopefully no one but his/her house mates/ immediate family have been exposed
i remember our first case after going 102 days with no comunity transmission
i think even the PM cried (she phoned the Gernan lady Angela Merkel and she cheered her up and put things into perspective)

the important thing is this case has been picked up now and the powers at be can track and trace

we must be doing something wrong somewhere for these cases to occer from guareteen facilities but its also a big leaening opportunity and the solution is often simple

here one of the hotels had a staff case because of a shared rubbish bin
i know ! WTF ! Right ! but no one had thought of contamination by being a tidy kiwi .
this whole long sorry 2020 is about learning on the run

Don't you guys fret - just keep staying safe, social distance, wash hands etc etc
we can not afford to be complacent

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very first friend in life, born the same year, next door neighbors as babies/ children, died yesterday on a respirator in Philadelphia of Covid. I am heartbroken. Sixty one yr old grandmother of 4.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very first friend in life, born the same year, next door neighbors as babies/ children, died yesterday on a respirator in Philadelphia of Covid. I am heartbroken. Sixty one yr old grandmother of 4.

I am so sorry @AprilBaby.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry @AprilBaby. My heart is broken for you

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m a frontline hcw in an emergency room in the US and I’m reaaaaallllly hoping I can start to get vaccinated before the end of the month.

@MakingTheGrade I hope you do too. I worry about all our healthcare workers. I know some are here on PS....I hope every one of you stay safe...It hits home when you know someone that’s facing it everyday. I have family and friends who are in the trenches...It’s scary. My niece is a young mother with two babies. She’s always smiling but I know she’s scared. I will be so happy when you all will get the vaccine...Thank you! ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so sorry @AprilBaby...That’s heartbreaking..

inne

Shiny_Rock

I am so sorry

inne

Shiny_Rock
Cases here continue to grow, and I suspect new restrictions will be implemented in our city soon, as they have been in Toronto and a few other places.

Some good news: my friend in the American foreign service got an email that a vaccine may be available for her as early as next week! This gives me so much hope. And I'm so happy for her specifically—she is a single mom in a developing country and really needs to stay healthy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Please, wear your masks, order your groceries! I order simple things from Walgreens online, park in a designated spot and open my trunk. No contact. Same with Walmart groceries. Amazon has everything else. We order dinner out twice a week and breakfast two to three times a week to help local business owners. Pretty much the only time I go out is to go to the mailbox. We are so close to the vaccine. It’s a small sacrifice for so little time till this is over!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It's heartbreaking.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock

It’s Crazy. I work in court in Orange County. We are considered essential. A lot of different professions in the court are working from home. Court Reporters are not allowed to work from home. Makes no sense. Now I just sit in my office while the judge is on the bench or home working.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby I am so sorry. Too young. ((Hugs))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results