shape
carat
color
clarity

Corona Jewellery - Canada

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oakville

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any experience with Corona Jewellery in Canada? A friend of mine picked up his engagement ring there - 1.22ct, D color, vvs1, platinum band/setting - $10K US. I have no info on cut quality.

I''m hoping someone here bought there and was given all the appropriate measurements and found the stones to be excellent cut and polish quality.

Any help?

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 4:37:18 PM
Author:oakville
Does anyone have any experience with Corona Jewellery in Canada? A friend of mine picked up his engagement ring there - 1.22ct, D color, vvs1, platinum band/setting - $10K US. I have no info on cut quality.

I''m hoping someone here bought there and was given all the appropriate measurements and found the stones to be excellent cut and polish quality.

Any help?
My bf and I went to Corona. I felt their prices were VERY reasonable, but the main problem was the lack of high color + high clarity stones in their inventory at that particular time. E.g. We went through all the Ideal cut Canadian diamonds they had on hand from 0.85 to 1.2 carats - I could really only pick between E SI2 or J VVS2
15.gif
. Ultimately I was looking for E and SI1 and above, so we went elsewhere and purchased thru Martin at USA Certed Diamonds
28.gif

The stones at Corona seem to only come with GemScan certs - and the most basic ones with just the 4 Cs. I asked about other certs and the reply was "oh, those are usually for high-end stones"...WTF? I asked and was told they could measure the proportions for me at the back, but ultimately we went elsewhere before we got this far.

We might still go back since I sort of liked a setting there, but we''ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results