• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you made the right decision. If you were questioning if this was “the one”, then it likely isn’t.
There’ll be another :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah, and to add to what others have said, I swear the Stone Gods smile on those who pass up the "almost" stones. There are so many stories from members letting go of stones, only to have "the one" come along shortly thereafter. Here's to wishing you good Stone God fortune!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah, and to add to what others have said, I swear the Stone Gods smile on those who pass up the "almost" stones. There are so many stories from members letting go of stones, only to have "the one" come along shortly thereafter. Here's to wishing you good Stone God fortune!
Yup! I'm still learning this lesson and trying to cull my collection of stuff I thought was perfect at the time but didn't wait long enough to really think it through, so ended up changing my mind. It's a hard lesson, but so important to wait for "the one"!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You keep getting closer and closer so I think you probably made the right choice to hold out for it to hit the bulls eye -- that window is still pretty bad so I think it is definitely worth trying to find one which has a better cut.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy, you made the right decision! You have plenty of fabulous gems, no need to waste time and money on an "almost" stone. When the that perfect stone comes along you will know it, and it will knock your socks off!!!!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock

I have no input on if you should buy it but it's pretty and so is the pink one, and so are all those jades!!! Mind if I ask how much that smaller stone is? It's not imperial jade?

Also, that is a pretty yellow sapphire! I'm not really into yellow stones but I am a sucker for emerald cuts.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
icy, you made the right decision! You have plenty of fabulous gems, no need to waste time and money on an "almost" stone. When the that perfect stone comes along you will know it, and it will knock your socks off!!!!

I hope so... something that makes my heart flutter :pray:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have no input on if you should buy it but it's pretty and so is the pink one, and so are all those jades!!! Mind if I ask how much that smaller stone is? It's not imperial jade?

Also, that is a pretty yellow sapphire! I'm not really into yellow stones but I am a sucker for emerald cuts.

I think $14 or $15k? I can’t really recall
My jeweller called it Apple green. It’s super vivid though so it’s unlike other Apple greens I’ve seen. Almost neon if you know what I mean.

Thanks re: my sapphire. Yeah I’m not into yellow stones too but somehow I like this one so I think it’s fated.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I think $14 or $15k? I can’t really recall
My jeweller called it Apple green. It’s super vivid though so it’s unlike other Apple greens I’ve seen. Almost neon if you know what I mean.

Thanks re: my sapphire. Yeah I’m not into yellow stones too but somehow I like this one so I think it’s fated.

Who's the seller? Can I have their contact? Apple green imperial green, it's a beauty. I gotta save this on my "to get list" :mrgreen:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love yellow stones and the cutting on the yellow sapphire is scrumptious! Hope you find the perfect sapphire!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Who's the seller? Can I have their contact? Apple green imperial green, it's a beauty. I gotta save this on my "to get list" :mrgreen:

It’s Asiatique (link) and his name is Wriston. You can fb msg him but I usually use WhatsApp. He is pretty old school and doesn’t take nice pics... let me know if you see anything in particular on his fb and I can help if I happen to pop by.

I love yellow stones and the cutting on the yellow sapphire is scrumptious! Hope you find the perfect sapphire!

Thanks! I hope so too!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
20191004_184621.jpg 20191004_184649.jpg
This sapphire is now in my possession =)2. After Icy decided that this was not the stone for her, I went to have a look. The colour was very nice (and by then, certed as unheated cornflower blue by the local lab NGI). The window was there but I felt could be reduced (with the right setting) such that it would not bother me. Price was decent and within my budget and so I bought it. Yay...My first blue sapphire. Now my next project it to get it set:))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This sapphire is now in my possession =)2. After Icy decided that this was not the stone for her, I went to have a look. The colour was very nice (and by then, certed as unheated cornflower blue by the local lab NGI). The window was there but I felt could be reduced (with the right setting) such that it would not bother me. Price was decent and within my budget and so I bought it. Yay...My first blue sapphire. Now my next project it to get it set:))

Sigh, you have no idea how painful it is to give up this stone. :(2 Great color and great price!

On the bright side, I’m really happy it’s going to a good friend. ;)2=)2

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
It’s Asiatique (link) and his name is Wriston. You can fb msg him but I usually use WhatsApp. He is pretty old school and doesn’t take nice pics... let me know if you see anything in particular on his fb and I can help if I happen to pop by.

Really?? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock

Congrats, it is a beaut!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, you have no idea how painful it is to give up this stone. :(2 Great color and great price!

On the bright side, I’m really happy it’s going to a good friend. ;)2=)2
Icy, I have seen the previous blue sapphires which you had considered. It seems that with each sapphire, you are one step closer to the sapphire you are after. I am certain that you will find that blue sapphire that you will know is THE ONE (when you see it)=)2.

Shijitake, thank you! I will come back and show you all the sapphire again after it is set. I will probably go for a ready-made ring setting. The vendors have much more beautiful and creative settings than the designs that I can come up with.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shijitake, thank you! I will come back and show you all the sapphire again after it is set. I will probably go for a ready-made ring setting. The vendors have much more beautiful and creative settings than the designs that I can come up with.

Haha I totally agree with this sentiment! I am super excited to go "off the shelf" setting shopping for my spinel too!

Congrats YC! I cannot wait to see it set!

Reactions: YC

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I totally agree with this sentiment! I am super excited to go "off the shelf" setting shopping for my spinel too!
Do you have another spinel to set? I do not recall having seen you mention it recently. Any photos?:mrgreen:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have another spinel to set? I do not recall having seen you mention it recently. Any photos?:mrgreen:

Just this one! Waiting for it to arrive! It's a bit wonky (with a window to boot!) but the vendor says if I spin it it'll look like a roval and I think it will fit into a standard round setting. SUPER excited as I love the colour and it was a very good price at 1.97cts and roughly 7mm.

R10434-Spinel-1.97ct-Burma-1_800x.jpg R10434-Spinel-1.97ct-Burma-3_2048x.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Just this one! Waiting for it to arrive! It's a bit wonky (with a window to boot!) but the vendor says if I spin it it'll look like a roval and I think it will fit into a standard round setting. SUPER excited as I love the colour and it was a very good price at 1.97cts and roughly 7mm.

Wow.... what a beautiful pink:kiss2:. I can't wait to see your IRL photos!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Icy, I have seen the previous blue sapphires which you had considered. It seems that with each sapphire, you are one step closer to the sapphire you are after. I am certain that you will find that blue sapphire that you will know is THE ONE (when you see it)=)2.

I hope so! In the mean time will admire yours next time I see it =)2

Haha I so agree re ready made settings too

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oh I think the window could close up in the right setting. Lotsa pics when you get it pls

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love this colour! And the window might close a bit once set. Super excited for you

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Wow that color is gorgeous! Seriously beautiful! You are one lucky lady! I also love seeing PSers help eachother out as I have been the recipient of a few kind women on here that were so supportive of my gem goals and I cannot wait to do that for someone else!

& @icy_jade if you turned down the above stone, I cannot wait to see what kind of blue sapphire you end up with...yours will be incredibly stunning and so glowy!
I will end up wanting to snab it right off your hand kind of blue! :kiss2:

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
It i were in your position @icy_jade i would be kept this and sold it when I found the perfect one. Just saying. It's just drool worthy eye candy i would enjoy for a while. But I suppose it's because you would want to enjoy it in a setting rather than keep it in a case like I do.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It i were in your position @icy_jade i would be kept this and sold it when I found the perfect one. Just saying. It's just drool worthy eye candy i would enjoy for a while. But I suppose it's because you would want to enjoy it in a setting rather than keep it in a case like I do.

Trouble with this plan is that reselling something is never completely hassle free. In this case it would also involve international shipping (which I doubt can be insured) and which I assume a buyer in the US would probably want icy jade to assume the risk of. It isn't neccessarily whole heartedly in her best interests -- unless the international buyer automatically assume the risks involved with shipping the package, or she could increase the price to offset the risk. Both these conditions seem highly likely to bring down acrimony, so honestly strategically it really is in her best interests to pass till she can find one she will keep.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
& @icy_jade if you turned down the above stone, I cannot wait to see what kind of blue sapphire you end up with...yours will be incredibly stunning and so glowy!
I will end up wanting to snab it right off your hand kind of blue! :kiss2:

I have no idea but hopefully the right one comes by soon...

I did actually think of that haha. But I thought that @YC would probably like the stone and indeed she did. If she hadn’t gotten it I might have bought and kept until the right one came along.

Trouble with this plan is that reselling something is never completely hassle free. In this case it would also involve international shipping (which I doubt can be insured) and which I assume a buyer in the US would probably want icy jade to assume the risk of. It isn't neccessarily whole heartedly in her best interests -- unless the international buyer automatically assume the risks involved with shipping the package, or she could increase the price to offset the risk. Both these conditions seem highly likely to bring down acrimony, so honestly strategically it really is in her best interests to pass till she can find one she will keep.

I would probably have asked Wriston to help sell the stone for me. Too much hassle to sell overseas I think.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no idea but hopefully the right one comes by soon...

I did actually think of that haha. But I thought that @YC would probably like the stone and indeed she did. If she hadn’t gotten it I might have bought and kept until the right one came along.

I would probably have asked Wriston to help sell the stone for me. Too much hassle to sell overseas I think.

Does he take consignment? That would totally change the best game plan, in these situations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results