shape
carat
color
clarity

Cornflower blue sapphire in platinum crown setting

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My 1.92 ct cornflower blue sapphire is back from Dan M in its platinum crown setting. He did a fabulous job. It's blindingly blue outdoors in the sun, and lovely indoors and in the shade too. The setting is beautifully made I'm very, very happy.
IMG_4624.jpg IMG_4630.jpg IMG_4641.jpg IMG_4645.jpg IMG_4648.jpg IMG_4653.jpg IMG_4659.jpg IMG_4660.jpg IMG_4666.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4683.jpg IMG_4689.jpg IMG_4690.jpg IMG_4707.jpg IMG_4646.jpg

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
The blue on this is just unbelievable! Love the simple setting.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's stunning!!! That blue :kiss2: And the setting is so perfect, it lets the sapphire be the star with no distractions. Love it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Goodness gracious I’m feeling SERIOUS pangs of jealousy! I’m regretting not scrounging up the dollars myself when I had the chance!

That blue….

Its otherworldly. Yum yum yum

But I’ll sleep at night knowing it’s in loving hands! Enjoy

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, jewelry friends!

@Cerulean , my stone is the little sister of yours. I adore mine, but yours is the bigger, better, unheated version of everything that's wonderful about mine. I have the princess, but you have the queen!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, jewelry friends!

@Cerulean , my stone is the little sister of yours. I adore mine, but yours is the bigger, better, unheated version of everything that's wonderful about mine. I have the princess, but you have the queen!

Oh you FLATTER me!!!! How kind of you!

Seriously. You've got a knockout. Honestly it looks even more electric. And I really love the round shape...just such a gorgeous stone. I bet you are pleased as punch!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh you FLATTER me!!!! How kind of you!

Seriously. You've got a knockout. Honestly it looks even more electric. And I really love the round shape...just such a gorgeous stone. I bet you are pleased as punch!

I am utterly, utterly delighted with it. And I would never have had the courage to transfer all that money to a stranger on IG if you hadn't done it first, so THANK YOU.

Even DH likes this ring, and he generally hates my jewelry. "Too sparkly," he usually says. This time he said, "Wow. That is so BLUE."

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's particularly perfect in color, in set, in feel and the jealousy pangs are massive on my side. Best kind of heart grip.
Love it, love it, loveit. :love: :love: :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am utterly, utterly delighted with it. And I would never have had the courage to transfer all that money to a stranger on IG if you hadn't done it first, so THANK YOU.

Even DH likes this ring, and he generally hates my jewelry. "Too sparkly," he usually says. This time he said, "Wow. That is so BLUE."

I’m so glad you are so pleased. It was actually another PSer before me who got a lovely pad that helped me feel more confident.

And know it’s a knockout when the husband says something HAH - well, mine’s the same way!

W

westofhere

Stunning! Do you mind if I ask: how many mm, and what’s your finger size? (I’m a size 8 so to get the same coverage as most people I usually have to add a mm or two—which is why I’m stuck on garnets and tourmalines till all current projects are done!!)

Edited to add: this is one of the loveliest rings I’ve ever seen—SO elegant, and the simplicity of the setting shows the stone in all its glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Packs a big punch!! Simply gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That sapphire glows-gorgeous!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Do you mind if I ask: how many mm, and what’s your finger size? (I’m a size 8 so to get the same coverage as most people I usually have to add a mm or two—which is why I’m stuck on garnets and tourmalines till all current projects are done!!)

Edited to add: this is one of the loveliest rings I’ve ever seen—SO elegant, and the simplicity of the setting shows the stone in all its glory.

It's 7.4 mm in diameter, and it's a size 7 1/4.

I wear around 6 3/4 or a little less in the winter and 7 1/4 or a little more in the summer, and I sized it for summer because it looks so much better in natural light than indoor light. It will be too loose in winter, and I'll have to wear it on my middle finger or with one of those ring cozy things.

It's set a little higher than I'm used to because my wedding band is tall, so I asked Dan to make the donut match the depth of the wedding band.

Because 7.4 is more or less the width of a typical 1.5 ct diamond and I wanted a very simple solitaire, I could have gotten a mass-produced setting instead of custom. But I'm glad I didn't. This way I was able to get it just the way I wanted it, with the right size donut, 8 prongs instead of 6, and a band shape I preferred.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. I love the picture. A blueberry amongst the milkweed.

W

westofhere

Thank you! In winter you could also put a thin eternity band or 2 with it…

voce

Ideal_Rock
Serious congrats on this ring. It looks like a dream! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it just turns velvety under certain lights. Dreamy!

Alexandra Nova

Rough_Rock
Wow such a vibrant, silky blue color. That cornflower blue reminds me of Kashmir sapphires! They are so rare but sooo beautiful. Here is one I saw online. This Antique Tiffany & Co is to die for!
Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 1.17.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 1.17.53 PM.png

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color of that sapphire is perfect and so is the setting!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your sapphire and that you set it as a solitaire! It’s so beautiful :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING I just love this x

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Straight up blue velvet!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results