shape
carat
color
clarity

Cordless Stick Vacuum

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a stick vacuum but emptying the container would be awful for my allergies. I somehow have a thing for vertical homes. Home A has 4 floors and home B has 3 floors. That plus my allergies makes the mighty mite, a small bagged cannister, work the best for me. Theyre also cheap, so you don't feel bad vacuuming up cat litter lolol. All my cleaning ladies have loved them bc they work well for the situation.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Tineco A11 Master. It has a switch that you can turn on (so you don't get finger fatigue) and comes with 2 batteries so that you always have one ready. I chose it over the Dyson for those reasons.

Thank you for this, I'm seriously considering getting one of these :wavey:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I received my new Dyson and I can’t tell you how happy I am. I used it for the first time a few minutes ago after mainly using a dust mop and cheap stick vacuum since end of July. I only used it for 5 minutes and look at the results. It’s full of cat hair and dust and I’m a neat freak. I sweep and vacuum every day.
Plus the battery still says 58 minutes.
525BAD04-E89E-4A33-9A2A-72473057B50F.jpeg 887EB381-9533-4E7C-8DF7-7099D260A57A.jpeg A34BBC51-5801-472C-A275-F3BF31E54E1A.jpeg 7191498D-7CFC-4C00-96EF-1B2DD0E7A96C.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I understanding on all Dyson stick models you have to continuously hold down a button while you vacuum?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I understanding on all Dyson stick models you have to continuously hold down a button while you vacuum?

I think this is an energy management feature so the battery lasts longer. It's not so bad actually as it just needs a light touch. It takes getting used to if you have never used it before but once you are used to it I don't find it difficult. For me at least it's not a deal breaker because this brand makes a really excellent vacuum. IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I received my new Dyson and I can’t tell you how happy I am. I used it for the first time a few minutes ago after mainly using a dust mop and cheap stick vacuum since end of July. I only used it for 5 minutes and look at the results. It’s full of cat hair and dust and I’m a neat freak. I sweep and vacuum every day.
525BAD04-E89E-4A33-9A2A-72473057B50F.jpeg 887EB381-9533-4E7C-8DF7-7099D260A57A.jpeg A34BBC51-5801-472C-A275-F3BF31E54E1A.jpeg 7191498D-7CFC-4C00-96EF-1B2DD0E7A96C.jpeg

YAY! Sweet. It really is satisfying watching all that dust and dirt get sucked up. From one daily vacuumer to another-enjoy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! Sweet. It really is satisfying watching all that dust and dirt get sucked up. From one daily vacuumer to another-enjoy.

I know! It’s amazing. I’ve emptied it out 5 times already!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! How does it seem picking up fine dirt?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! How does it seem picking up fine dirt?

I think it works amazingly. Better than the Dyson Animal that I purchased last Oct. When I look at what it picks up I’m shocked because I would never think we had that much dirt since I sweep and vacuum regularly.
We have four cats and a rabbit so we have plenty of pet hair and dander everywhere I guess. Plus I have four kids that eat like crazy. But we don’t wear shoes in our house and our inside slippers are only worn inside so we are not tracking dirt into the house.
I haven’t used a Dyson since July 23rd bc it wouldn’t turn on. TBH I think I broke the Dyson bc I washed out the filter and I don’t think it was completely dry when I replaced it. Prior to that it was working perfectly. I even used it on my rugs in my deck and patio area.

It’s just amazing and I feel we breathe so much better after I use it. I was hugging it today!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it works amazingly. Better than the Dyson Animal that I purchased last Oct. When I look at what it picks up I’m shocked because I would never think we had that much dirt since I sweep and vacuum regularly.
We have four cats and a rabbit so we have plenty of pet hair and dander everywhere I guess. Plus I have four kids that eat like crazy. But we don’t wear shoes in our house and our inside slippers are only worn inside so we are not tracking dirt into the house.
I haven’t used a Dyson since July 23rd bc it wouldn’t turn on. TBH I think I broke the Dyson bc I washed out the filter and I don’t think it was completely dry when I replaced it. Prior to that it was working perfectly. I even used it on my rugs in my deck and patio area.

It’s just amazing and I feel we breathe so much better after I use it. I was hugging it today!

Thank you! I will keep my eye open during the black Friday promos coming up!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for Dyson here. We recently bought the Dyson 10. Love it!! Also get the wall mount/charger/accessories holder.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to mention that Dyson is having a Labor Day sale so if you are in the market for a new vacuum you might want to check it out :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally need one of these.....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if the brands and models are available all over but the consumer NZ watch dog just gave a scathing review

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dyson offered the outsize with the single battery for 20% off! That plus the Rakuten 10% cashback pushed me to order it! FX it's as good as I hope it will be!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say that I'll come back to review the Dyson V8 after I've used it a while but most of y'all have moved on to the 10 and 11 :lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Dyson cordless V10, and used to have a corded Dyson animal. The cordless has changed my life, I adore vacuuming now and can do the whole house on one charge (1000 square feet of rugs/carpet as I don't vacuum the hardwood).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to report on the V8 Absolute Pro that came in the mail yesterday.

All I can say is....wow! Very much impressed by the suction and I can understand the importance of getting all the heads and attachments because you really do need the fluffy head for hard flooring. Also vacuumed the couch (IKEA sectional with slipcovered cushions) and the dog hair that came off of it was a bit embarrassing.

Picks up bird seed with no problem and nothing flying out the back! Haven't tried it on cat litter, our litter boxes are in the bathroom so will probably just use the shop vac since water can be an issue.

Can't speak for the battery longevity, I did read one of the main differences between the V10 and V8 was the battery will last fifteen years on the 10 and two years on the 8. Here is hoping we prove that wrong. One of the things I really appreciate about Dyson is how intuitive the machines are. I literally took it out of the box and without reading the directions could figure out how everything worked, including emptying the canister which is rather unique.

Hope this helps if someone is considering one, if nothing else one main takeaway is to get a machine directly from Dyson so you can get all the attachments.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I bought the V8 too! So far love it. I have a middle-aged dog who suddenly became reluctant to go down the hardwood stairs. We put down stair treads - it fixed the dog problem, but introduced a mess problem because they’re a pain to vacuum with my corded machine. But the Dyson takes five seconds per stair - amazing! Now I just need to get my husband to put up the wall hanger so we can get it off the dining room floor...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to report on the V8 Absolute Pro that came in the mail yesterday.

All I can say is....wow! Very much impressed by the suction and I can understand the importance of getting all the heads and attachments because you really do need the fluffy head for hard flooring. Also vacuumed the couch (IKEA sectional with slipcovered cushions) and the dog hair that came off of it was a bit embarrassing.

Picks up bird seed with no problem and nothing flying out the back! Haven't tried it on cat litter, our litter boxes are in the bathroom so will probably just use the shop vac since water can be an issue.

Can't speak for the battery longevity, I did read one of the main differences between the V10 and V8 was the battery will last fifteen years on the 10 and two years on the 8. Here is hoping we prove that wrong. One of the things I really appreciate about Dyson is how intuitive the machines are. I literally took it out of the box and without reading the directions could figure out how everything worked, including emptying the canister which is rather unique.

Hope this helps if someone is considering one, if nothing else one main takeaway is to get a machine directly from Dyson so you can get all the attachments.

I was just looking at Dyson and Shark stick vacuums at Target.
Now honestly, that little dust recepiticle just doesn't look very big.
And the head is a few inches smaller than regular corded vacs. So more passes to get the same room done?
And how is it on carpet?
75% of my house is carpeted. I'm afraid I would burn the motor up doing the whole house!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just looking at Dyson and Shark stick vacuums at Target.
Now honestly, that little dust recepiticle just doesn't look very big.
And the head is a few inches smaller than regular corded vacs. So more passes to get the same room done?
And how is it on carpet?
75% of my house is carpeted. I'm afraid I would burn the motor up doing the whole house!

Yes the dust receptacle is smaller, no getting around that with a stick vac. I find that I make fewer passes because it picks up small particles on one pass, maybe I've just been getting crappy vacuums lol!

We only have carpet in one room, I did try it on the carpet and it did a great job. One thing to keep in mind is you have to hold the trigger on the Dyson the whole time. I thought this would really bother me but it doesn't as much as I thought. Not sure if you could get the whole house done on one charge though.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Dyson. We upgraded to the V11 earlier this year and it is freaking awesome. I do think my canister works a little better (Miele) but I don't take it out nearly as often. It leaves better vacuum lines on the carpet. Not sure if that is really an indication of more suction, but I do love seeing the little lines. It's like brownie points for vacuuming.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also add that Dysons require a fair amount of maintenance. They need a good cleaning a couple times a year. My older one had to have the filters washed often and we just had to replace the battery. I wonder if the reports that they didn't last very long was due to either not being cleaned properly or just needing a new battery. It wasn't expensive to replace. Rechargeable batteries do not last forever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results