shape
carat
color
clarity

Copper Pearls anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any copper/metallic colored pearls? I''ve seen them on one vendors web site, but I''m leary. I love the color, but don''t one thing about them.
I do know they state they are natural, so dying involved.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
If they are natural Tahitians with copper overtones or a copper body color with peacock overtones they can be quite beautiful and unique. I''d stay away from dyed ones though.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 1:57:06 PM
Author: plethora23
If they are natural Tahitians with copper overtones or a copper body color with peacock overtones they can be quite beautiful and unique. I''d stay away from dyed ones though.
seller (Pearlluna) says they are natural.

Just wondering if anyone has some or looked at them IRL.

Date: 10/13/2009 7:39:59 PM
Author: bebe
Date: 10/13/2009 1:57:06 PM

Author: plethora23

seller (Pearlluna) says they are natural.

Just wondering if anyone has some or looked at them IRL.

I was wondering the same thing!!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I have Pearllunar''s copper pearls. They are natural. On another forum I belong to, they call these "pond slime" and while the name is not so nice, the forum members LOVE the pond slime pearls! They have great luster and the colors are very unique.

I really doubt if I can explain it very well but I will try. They are a creamy, ivory, pearly color as a base. Then the oyster somehow coats it with an "oily, pond slimey" sort of coating. Have you ever noticed the random rainbow of colors in a drop of car oil on the ground? That is the type of look these pearls have. It is not a solid color. It is a rainbow striation.

I hope I have helped but not sure how I could... I suspect I made things worse?? I sure did not mean to. I have this strand and am in the process of incorporating it into a rope of some larger pearls I have, some keishi, and others. It is gorgeous laid out on my bead board so I''ll try to take some pics and post it although it is not strung.

I think you will like them. I hope so...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 9:54:36 AM
Author: jmtomaui
I have Pearllunar''s copper pearls. They are natural. On another forum I belong to, they call these ''pond slime'' and while the name is not so nice, the forum members LOVE the pond slime pearls! They have great luster and the colors are very unique.

I really doubt if I can explain it very well but I will try. They are a creamy, ivory, pearly color as a base. Then the oyster somehow coats it with an ''oily, pond slimey'' sort of coating. Have you ever noticed the random rainbow of colors in a drop of car oil on the ground? That is the type of look these pearls have. It is not a solid color. It is a rainbow striation.

I hope I have helped but not sure how I could... I suspect I made things worse?? I sure did not mean to. I have this strand and am in the process of incorporating it into a rope of some larger pearls I have, some keishi, and others. It is gorgeous laid out on my bead board so I''ll try to take some pics and post it although it is not strung.

I think you will like them. I hope so...
Pond Slime, really? Just teasing, doesn''t matter what they call them, as long as we call them - gorgeous.
Thank you! And if you can get some pics up, oh! I''d love to see them. I was looking at a necklace strand, 8-9mm (I think).
Are they "coppery" in color? I think that''s what I''m attracted to. And no, you haven''t made things worse ;-) I''m so happy to get answers so I''ll have some
idea of what they are like IRL.
And they would have to be strung - who and where might be an issue for me.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I considered having a strand made by PP because I also love the color. But before I did, I ordered a similiar fresh water strand (dyed) to get an idea if I liked it enough. They looked too fake to me. Didn''t even look like pearls.
I''m thinking the tahitian ones would be much better, but I think I''d throw a few golden SS pearls into the strand to liven it up a bit.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
jmtomaui, I''d love to see your coppery pearls!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I read on PP that in November they will have these coppery, metallic pearls, can''t wait, hope they are high quality.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Bebe, the exotics from PP will be absolutely beautiful. I belong to another forum and some of the members have seen these in person. I have it marked on my calendar and am hoping to get one of the available strands.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one in a lariat. It''s in the "Show me the Pearls" thread, Tahitian and natural color. They look great paired with champagne or yellow diamonds.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 12:09:24 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have one in a lariat. It''s in the ''Show me the Pearls'' thread, Tahitian and natural color. They look great paired with champagne or yellow diamonds.
Now there''s an idea!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results