carat
color
clarity

Copper bracelet?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

Can someone recommend where I can purchase a pure copper bracelet please? I need one for health reasons.

Thanks.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Careful they can cause really nasty allergic reactions in some people.
I know someone that needed plastic surgery to fix her arm after wearing one for just a few hours.
Her insurance company wasn't going to cover it, said it was cosmetic and it was a huge fight.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally not judging anyone who finds 'alternative therapies' helpful, as I myself use some, but are there any empirically proven benefits of wearing copper items?

I never like to see people get ripped off!

There are ones out there that have some sort of material surround the copper elements, so that can avoid skin contact, but then I think that comes back to my comment about proven benefits, in as much as how near to the skin is near enough if they don't need to touch? And if they don't need to touch, what is the mechanism at work that might benefit the wearer??

:???:

lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful they can cause really nasty allergic reactions in some people.
I know someone that needed plastic surgery to fix her arm after wearing one for just a few hours.
Her insurance company wasn't going to cover it, said it was cosmetic and it was a huge fight.

OMG!!:eek-2:;(

What do you think of cooking with copper pans? I need to have some copper in my body, but am reluctant to take copper supplements.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of cooking with copper pans? I need to have some copper in my body, but am reluctant to take copper supplements.

CC. @JPie

I am not used to them...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moscow mule in a proper cup.
Kidding aside, copper ‘rich’ foods not able to be included in your diet?
Rose gold (from a preferred designer) have enough copper?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I remember @JPie uses non-lined copper pots 8& I hope she doesn't mind my pinging her!)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was wondering about this!

Can you get a copper bowl? I make chiffon cakes and they are the holy grail of bowls for beating egg whites.

I imagine if you buy some pure copper bowls and beat stuff in them and eat it you'd get all the particles.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad wears a copper bracelet no issues at all, provided you have no allergies, Etsy or Ebay are the places to look, there are many styles and they are not expensive.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moscow mule in a proper cup.
Kidding aside, copper ‘rich’ foods not able to be included in your diet?

I had to look up Moscow mule, lol. I don't drink so that can be ruled out.

I googled copper rich foods but cannot eat liver on a regular basis (am not keen on the taste), oysters (pricing and availability reasons), nor nuts (highly inflammatory), lobsters (high in cholesterol). So that leaves mushrooms and leafy greens (both of which I do eat, but prob not in sufficient quantities. I can take spirulina but am already taking chlorella, so that would prob be over-doing it.

Hmm...good point about rose gold jewellery. I did have a rose gold bracelet from Cartier but sold it. Can certainly buy it again and wear it 24/7. I do have a rose gold bracelet from VCA but am reluctant to wear it daily due to its pricepoint.

Thanks for your suggestions:).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember @JPie uses non-lined copper pots 8& I hope she doesn't mind my pinging her!)

I hope she does. I've been struggling to find them where I live.

Reactions: AV_

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can you get a copper bowl? I make chiffon cakes and they are the holy grail of bowls for beating egg whites.

I imagine if you buy some pure copper bowls and beat stuff in them and eat it you'd get all the particles.

I would certainly buy them if I can find them.:)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad wears a copper bracelet no issues at all, provided you have no allergies, Etsy or Ebay are the places to look, there are many styles and they are not expensive.

I was looking at Etsy. I am a bit scared now, after reading Karl's post. I have enough health issues without risking getting new ones. I may stick with the thin Cartier Love bracelet.

Thanks though. x

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they don’t ship to where you are, check out
Mauviel copper bowls - are made in France.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they don’t ship to where you are, check out
Mauviel copper bowls - are made in France.

Will do. Thank you so much.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry for threadjack
I just had to say
:love: Chiffon layer cake:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Copper, while important to the body, can also cause copper toxicity if one has too much. It seems to me that you'd want to have blood tests to show that you actually are too low in copper before attempting to get more of it in your diet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...er-toxicity-common-cause-psychiatric-symptoms

I knew about the possibility of copper causing toxicity, hence my reluctance to take a copper supplement. Very good point though about getting tested for copper level. I was only planning to increase my copper intake for a short period of time, like a couple of months. Was thinking that eating more foods rich in copper and cooking with copper cookware and wearing a Cartier Love bracelet in RG couldn't possibly do much harm.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Copper cookware rarely comes unlined because of the toxicity of ingesting copper over time. Unlined copper bowls are used for beating egg whites because they help form stiff peaks, and there are jam containers because the sugar content prevents the fruit from reacting with the metal.

That said, here’s a very fancy, solid copper bowl from a Turkish company that ships worldwide:

https://soy-turkiye.myshopify.com/p...bowls-yck-series-hammerd-copper-1-5mm-unlined

As Rfisher suggested, Mauviel is another good brand.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Copper cookware rarely comes unlined because of the toxicity of ingesting copper over time. Unlined copper bowls are used for beating egg whites because they help form stiff peaks, and there are jam containers because the sugar content prevents the fruit from reacting with the metal.

That said, here’s a very fancy, solid copper bowl from a Turkish company that ships worldwide:

https://soy-turkiye.myshopify.com/p...bowls-yck-series-hammerd-copper-1-5mm-unlined

As Rfisher suggested, Mauviel is another good brand.

Thank you, @JPie.

I am not intending to use the copper cookware and/ or bowls over a long period of time. I am just doing a detox for like a couple of months and copper (along with charcoal and chlorella) help flush out the toxins from the body.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a copper goblet without lining; I don't know if they ship to Asia but you could always ask: https://laboutiqueducuivre.fr/gb/welfare/49-timbale-en-cuivre.html

It even has instructions:

The capacity of a full goblet is around 125ml, drinking from it every morning for a week to ten days allows you to satisfy 12,5% of the daily recommanded copper intake for an adult by WHO.

Mind that this measurement was taken in a new goblet and does not take into account the phenomenon of oxidation which can alter the long-term results. *

Fill the goblet with nitrate-less water the evening before and wait the following morning to drink it.

* Which is why we recommend cleaning the goblet every 2 to 3 days using the metallic wool

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the bracelet - I'm sure there are plenty on etsy, or you could have a local jeweler or artisan silversmith make you one, or find one at a craft fair. If you need the copper to touch your skin, be sure to specify that - I know I coat all the copper jewelry I make with varnish so it won't oxidize or turn people's skin green.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You could dip some copper sheet in water held in a glass container overnight & chilled. This is chemically pure Cu WWW.

Naked copper stains skin spectacular - a sort of temporary tattoo on me.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am interested as to why you think you need more copper in your body? Did you have blood tests for missing metals & minerals?

The recommended daily allowance (RDA) is around 900 micrograms (mcg) a day for adolescents and adults. The upper limit for adults aged 19 years and above is 10,000 mcg, or 10 milligrams (mg) a day. An intake above this level could be toxic. Both copper deficiency and copper toxicity are rare in the United States (U.S).

From what I can tell, a decent general multivitamin would have the correct dosage of copper for you. Although copper bracelets are very cheap & plentiful but they stain the skin terribly. :confused2: My grandmother used to wear one and always had a dreadful green ring around her wrist!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a copper goblet without lining; I don't know if they ship to Asia but you could always ask: https://laboutiqueducuivre.fr/gb/welfare/49-timbale-en-cuivre.html

It even has instructions:

The capacity of a full goblet is around 125ml, drinking from it every morning for a week to ten days allows you to satisfy 12,5% of the daily recommanded copper intake for an adult by WHO.

Mind that this measurement was taken in a new goblet and does not take into account the phenomenon of oxidation which can alter the long-term results. *

Fill the goblet with nitrate-less water the evening before and wait the following morning to drink it.

* Which is why we recommend cleaning the goblet every 2 to 3 days using the metallic wool

Fabulous! Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results