shape
carat
color
clarity

Cool or warm tones in metal

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
All these are antiques, so I'm staying in the topic ;-) I'm cool toned and light/medium, and I'm starting to think that yellow gold, especially when there's a lot of it, looks off on my skin tone. Please see below next to platinum and white gold. The plain band is my first Jabel and it's so comfy - the sides are round and smooth. Excuse the background, my dog thinks that hand up always means attention and cuddles for her.

20230920_080430.jpg 20230920_083542.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I believe white metals suit you better based on the two photos posted.

How about throwing another colour to the mix - Rose Gold?

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the pics, I would say white metals probably do suit your skin tone a little better - but that doesn't mean yg looks bad! You should still wear and enjoy your yg rings, they are really pretty.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot we are talking about antique piece, sorry!

I can't remember seeing many RG pieces at Lang Antiques.

Based on that one RG piece, I would say white metals suit you better IMHO.

DK :))

whiterabbit

Rough_Rock
I too am cool toned and have been told that yellow gold doesn't look as good as rose or white. But you know- I adore the color yellow and decided to just wear what I want that day!
I say if you like a certain piece then wear it. Rings are especially nice as they aren't right next to our faces!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look pretty. Maybe a slight lean toward a cooler metal but I would not use that to inform a future purchase one tiny bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results