shape
carat
color
clarity

Continuued problems with channel set diamonds in E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessicalainey

Rough_Rock
Since I got this ring, I have had problems with: gaps, sunken stones, tool marks on the platinum, you name it. I am married now, but wonder if I should make some changes to this ring to avoid more problems in the future. I just have no idea what to do, besides completely redesigning the ring. I have never attached a photo, so if it doesn''t work: I have a square diamond center stone, with a thin thread of channel set diamonds. The ring is quite wide, the center stone prongs are the same width of the band. To take all the diamonds out would leave a very wide, and very plain platinum band.
Any suggestions?
Or, if I keep it as is, what about getting bigger channel set diamonds? They are so small that they get sooo dirty.

ring9874.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Where did you purchase the setting? Who made it? Can you bring it back to the store and ask them what they can do about it?

jessicalainey

Rough_Rock
Its from a casting house, so yes, they can always fix it. Again, and again and again. ;-) I will ask about it next time i am in a for a polishing, see what they say. I was just looking for some ideas.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have an answer for you but I just LOVE the ring . . .
9.gif

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that!

Larger diamonds might be nice. If you don''t like the look of a plain white band, perhaps they can make the band thinner. If the channel set stones are round, switching them to princess might eliminate the gaps.

Sorry I don''t have more suggestions.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
If it's from a casting house, perhaps if you explain to them what is happening, they will recast it for you? I'm certainly no expert, but this sounds like imprecise casting/craftsmanship...channel set diamonds aren't supposed to fall out; this is a problem more often seen in delicate pave. Just a suggestion...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''ve had continued problems...I''d ask them to make you a new setting. It seems that there was a major design flaw in the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results