shape
carat
color
clarity

Contacting GIA for Cert Info?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
According to the pros, the owner of a diamond certfied by GIA can contact them for more information such as sarin results. If I am the owner of the diamond now, can I just as easily get that information or do I need some sort of trade credentials?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have not heard that g.i.a gives you a sarin report???
As far as I know they only certify stones.
If you have a cert. already(g.i.a that is) then you need not do anything as it will be a waste of your money to resubmit it.
If you don't have one then ,yes I think they will certify it for you ,just call them up and they will tell you all the details! very nice people there, I have been dealing with them for more than 25 years.

good luck
1.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Not sure you understand.
There have been several trades folk who have posted here that GIA performs SARIN analyses for the stones they certify, but they do not include that information on their certificates. Since I am the owner of a GIA certifed diamond and the original certificate, can I request this information from GIA directly? Or do they only deal with people in the trade? That's my question.

I'm happy with the diamond, but would like to get the info just out of curiosity. If it is available that is.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to know also. I guess you could call them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results