shape
carat
color
clarity

Contacting EGLUSA: Verifying EGL Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever called EGLUSA to confirm that an EGL certificate matches the purchased diamond? With all the talk about doctored certs I really want to have this verified. I have already had a gemologist appraise the diamond.

Thanks.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hello Iceyice.

I am pretty new to this forum, but I recently purchased a stone with an EGL-USA cert and was wondering the same thing. I called them on the phone. They told me I would need to have a gemologist appriase it to confirm that the stone I purchased matches the certificate (or send it back to EGL for confirmation which I was not going to do). What did your gemologist think?

Diamondlil

dfreak

Rough_Rock
I called them today with the same problem. I have an "EGL" cert that it was supose to be EGLUSA from a diamond I just bought, but there's nothing that says EGLUSA on the paper, and the initial on the report # are "AU", according to EGLUSA the initial should be "US" or "LA". I called them and they told me that my cert most likely was from EGL Israel. So, I returning this diamond to the jewerler. We have to be careful with the whole EGLUSA/EGL thing going on.

VITA930

Rough_Rock
You can go to their website EGLUSA.com click on Online Results and you can check out your diamond by puting the number from your certificate. I did and it matches....

sunseeker

Rough_Rock
Hi. I bought a diamond that is EGL USA. It is stated right on the certificate, and the certificate number begins with US. I think you may want to defiantly look further into the validy of the certificate. Sorry, but it doesn't sound like the same EGL USA as mine is.

Sunseeker

wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results