• B) Console Table with open sides

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help me decide which console to pick!

A) Console with full sides
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Upton-Home-Landers-Woven-Sofa-Console-Table/11959130/product.html?refccid=P7GLYE5XXHLLTVKISBGI7AWGIE&searchidx=346

B) Console with open sides
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Upton-Home-Alvin-Woven-Sofa-Console-Table/11951647/product.html?refccid=TC3WF4X5I6RJBFKHFEBE7FQELQ&searchidx=579

I was really looking for something more vintage looking, but I was attracted to the weave of these tables, and when I saw how they looked mixed with the tufted, nailed armchair, I realized that although they are beachy, they mix well with neo-vintagey looks. Right next to the foyer is my dining room set - the table and chairs are not a matching set, so I'm all about different and mismatched but still "matchy" on a broader scale on the first floor of my house. I also live by the water, so I like tying in the seagrass.

I am desperate to hang up some framed artwork - my invitation, my wedding dress and groom suit portraits, and a pen and ink drawing of my DH and I that was included with our invitations that I had printed on canvas and framed. I can't put them up until I have my console table in the foyer, and figure out if I will be placing a centerpiece on it as well. That will then dictate arrangement and height on my wall.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture of the space? Of the two I prefer the first.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1465697585|4043081 said:
Can you post a picture of the space? Of the two I prefer the first.
Yessiree!

Please excuse the mess. The chairs currently have washable covers on to kitty proof them. The panoramic bent the hallway lolol.
Oh I just realized I have woven blinds so there's woven things woven into the decor already! Yay!

_4121.jpeg

_4122.jpeg

_4123.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q

Queenie60

Have you thought about something with a bit of storage? Even though my home is large, I always chose a piece that has some storage as I have learned that you can never have enough storage. Just a thought.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1465709122|4043129 said:
Have you thought about something with a bit of storage? Even though my home is large, I always chose a piece that has some storage as I have learned that you can never have enough storage. Just a thought.
I thought long and hard on this, and decided that a solid piece like a buffet would take up too much space, depth wise, and eat up too much of the space in the room. :(sad

I could just have nothing there too... IDK...

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about floating shelves?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
fwiw to you: one of my best friends had a similar table at her beachside vacation home, but she soon donated it to Goodwill because the it was a "magnet" for dust and pet hair & she decided it was too much of a PITA to keep the coarsely woven fibers fuzz-free.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1465738182|4043177 said:
fwiw to you: one of my best friends had a similar table at her beachside vacation home, but she soon donated it to Goodwill because the it was a "magnet" for dust and pet hair & she decided it was too much of a PITA to keep the coarsely woven fibers fuzz-free.
THANK YOU!!!!! for this PSA! With three cats, we can go from seagrass console table to... cat fur console table! HAHAHAHAAH

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little back story:

I originally ordered THIS console last year:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Christopher-Knight-Home-Ellerson-Parchment-3-drawer-Console-Table/9622623/product.html?recset=94014e0c-201e-45bf-a3ce-ce60ed90c068&refccid=YBYEPZ6AYTQ22ACCFIWWLKWFT4&searchidx=2&recalg=63&recidx=2

THANK GOD I was home as the fedex guy pulled up! He goes to pull the box out of the truck and it's CLEARLY falling apart, and with each step he takes, a TABLE LEG rolls out of the box! Shit's flying everywhere! I stop him dead in his tracks and say, I can't take this. Anyways, the metallic color that looks like the prettiest champagne gold in the picture looked a bit gawdy in person - this is of the legs I saw that had rolled out of the box :lol: . Fedex guy grabbed some tape, and I helped him tape up the package and put it back in the truck. If I hadn't been home, that jack-hole would probably have left a garbage heap in front of my garage, and I would have probably had an epic melt down!

I'm almost tempted to go with the open sided seagrass table as an experiment - it's at a price point that's doable, and if I don't like it, I could try passing it on to a neighbor. IDK. You guys are giving me good food for thought...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cluless|1465740407|4043188 said:
I've been looking at this one! I just wished it didn't have a bottom shelf so that I could slide a stool under the table if need be. I also like being able to vacuum right under the console, hence my hesitation with the shelf... It's already distressed, so if it gets bumped around in the box, it won't look any worse for wear :lol:

This is my dining room table https://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/p/demarlos-dining-room-table/d693-35/
and these are my chairs:
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/cocoa+paige+round+back+dining+chairs%2C+set+of+2.do?&from=Search
The ends have the same chairs but with arms.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kgizo|1465737813|4043173 said:
What about floating shelves?
Floating shelves look pretty, BUT man, when we did renovations, there were thousands of nails loosey goosey in the plaster under the wallpaper that they had to break the plaster, pop out the nail and patch. Right now, it's been a smidge over a year in the new home, and I'm finally letting go a little bit of the painted walls, but I'm still crazy about them, and I'm not yet ready to put holes in them yet, save the paintings for the hallway. Last year, I did a bit of crazy touch ups with little watercolor brushes here and there. This year, I'm almost over the madness.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both of your choices, but lean towards the second. Dust and animal fur aren't that big of a deal--use a brush attachment on a shop vac and you're good to go. I am not one to let cleaning supersede my visual pleasure. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results