shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering these two stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to stay a bit closer to 1.2-1.25 carats, but I can''t imagine there will be much of a difference between 1.15 and 1.2. I''m still a novice when it comes to looking at the ASET report, but the first one looks a bit better to me than the second. The second seems to have more dark areas. Also, should I be concerned about the location of the inclusions?

Diamond 1:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-174059.htm

. Shape: A Cut Above Princess
. Carat: 1.145
. Depth %: 74.6
. Table %: 68.9
. Crown Angle: 42.1
. Crown %: 12.4
. Pavilion Angle: 40.5
. Pavilion %: 59.7
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.65-5.64X4.21
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Diamond 2:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-78240.htm

. Shape: A Cut Above Princess
. Carat: 1.143
. Depth %: 74.4
. Table %: 68.9
. Crown Angle: 43.1
. Crown %: 13.3
. Pavilion Angle: 39.5
. Pavilion %: 58
. Girdle: Thin to Medium
. Measurements: 5.63-5.63X4.19
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
both are very nice. like you, i prefer the aset on the first one. don''t worry about the inclusions too terribly much....they are vs2!

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
VS2 inclusions are somewhat easy to see under 10x magnification, right? Could a person see the inclusions with the naked eye?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Some eagle eyed folks can but they are pretty few and far between.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
Would a VS1 diamond be much more difficult for a person to locate the inclusions? I don''t want ANYBODY to be able to see inclusions with their naked eye. :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it depends on the size and kind of inclusions. you can''t tell for sure by looking at the plots online either. your best bet is to ask the vendor, since they have the stone. they will be completely honest about the inclusions.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow two princesses with a 5 star rating!
WF ACA''s are cherry picked for sure!

I like the first one better, but can you go wrong with either one? I doubt it!

I wouldn''t give the VS2 a second thought. It should be perfectly eye clean. If you are unsure, call WF for an "eyeball" evaluation. Also, I think princess cuts are more forgiving, so a VS2 should not show at all.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everybody. For the same price, would you go for a 1.15 ct. AGS0 cut, or a lesser quality 1.5 ct. cut? Can''t an outstanding cut actually make a diamond look larger? The finger size is 4.5, and the ring size is 2.5 mm, tapering in at the center. 1.15 should look plenty big, right?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:45:23 PM
Author: MeddlingKids
Thanks, everybody. For the same price, would you go for a 1.15 ct. AGS0 cut, or a lesser quality 1.5 ct. cut? Can''t an outstanding cut actually make a diamond look larger? The finger size is 4.5, and the ring size is 2.5 mm, tapering in at the center. 1.15 should look plenty big, right?
for the same price, why would you get a lesser quality cut?
33.gif

and yes, a great cut will make the stone look larger and so much better overall. not convinced? take your ags0 to a jewelry store and ask to see a 1.5ct. princess.
6.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:36:43 PM
Would a VS1 diamond be much more difficult for a person to locate the inclusions? I don''t want ANYBODY to be able to see inclusions with their naked eye. :)
I wouldn''t pay for the high clarity. I would rather get more size. People will notice size and sparkle first and foremost. No one will not be holding the ring right up to their eye, examing it for anyvisible inclusions. My guess is no one would ever even see anything in a great SI1. Either way you will be safe with a VS2.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
l agree with Jasmine. l would spend less time trying to find a VS1, and more time finding an eyeclean VS2 or SI1.

Sure, you can find a VS1 that is eyeclean, but there''s no point in spending that much money when there are thousands of clean diamonds with less "technical" clarity. If you can''t see an inclusion with a 40 magnification, the chances of seeing it are very very slim. l personally don''t see any inclusions, and I doubt you would given a blind test.

Pay more attention to cut. Princess diamonds aren''t as reflective as rounds, so the better the cut, the more well off you''ll be. Stick with whitefish''s ACA or AGS0. Just be more aware of the ASET images and symmetry on the AGS0''s.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:36:43 PM
Would a VS1 diamond be much more difficult for a person to locate the inclusions? I don't want ANYBODY to be able to see inclusions with their naked eye. :)
Not necessarily, it depends Where the inclusion is on the stone. I've seen VS2's that had a large black spot on the girdle, and SI2's that were completely eyeclean because they had several small clouds invisible to the naked eye. It would be safe to assume VS1 clarity is eyeclean, but VS2-SI2'S may or may not be. You can save money and get a bigger stone by being less rigid about clarity gratings.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 7:45:23 PM

If you look at other people''s rings when you''re out in public, pay attention to how the diamonds perform. Well cut diamonds play with the light. Not great diamonds look like,..... look like,........ Well they look like ice cubes to me. Kinda dead. No spark or flash at all. Just rock eating space in the head of the ring.

Princess Cuts aren''t the most spectacular performers, when compared to a Round Brilliant. But Prins do have a beauty all their own. And a very well cut Prin can make a fabulous diamond for a beautiful engagement ring.
3.gif

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. I am now certain I''m going to stick with their AGS0 diamonds. Does anybody know how often they get new ones in over at Whiteflash?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:19:18 PM
Thanks. I am now certain I''m going to stick with their AGS0 diamonds. Does anybody know how often they get new ones in over at Whiteflash?
I don''t really know if Princess are different, but rounds come in about every 6 weeks. If I were you, I''d call them, tell them basically what you''re looking for, and see what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results