shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering these Diamond for an Engagement ring...

Diamond4me

Rough_Rock
Hi,

First time posting! I’m considering these for an engagement ring. I have no idea how to tell which is “better” and would love some advice. They’re both triple excellent with no fluorescence and look comparable on paper, but I’d love the opinion of all you connoisseurs... Thanks!!

1606334304178.png
1606334361841.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried using the HCA tool...its a start at helping you to figure out which is better.

The pavilion is too high on the first stone. I would want an Aset or idealscope image on the second stone.

Diamond4me

Rough_Rock
Have you tried using the HCA tool...its a start at helping you to figure out which is better.

The pavilion is too high on the first stone. I would want an Aset or idealscope image on the second stone.

I’ll buy a couple of access codes and run them through the HCA. Good to know that the pavilion is too high on the first stone - this will mostly impact the light refraction or the height of the diamond?

as for the ASET or IDEALSCOPE, I’ll see if I can get something.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light return will not be good.

Edit

You can also use the Pricescope Diamond Search engine at the top of the menu. It will show you which stones are good selections.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You didnt mention your budget but here are a few that came up using the search idea.

Super Ideal

JA AGS h&a

Diamond4me

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help tyty333. The diamond with the better pavilion angle is no longer available.

I’ll keep looking on JA and Whiteflash and keep in mind optimal angles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results