shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering Ritani 2.26 G VS1 for solitaire

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Hi All

For fun, I've been browsing the Ritani website recently, looking for a stone to fit in a U113/Tiffany style solitaire. Like many of you, (I hope), I've spent hours scrolling through the many stones they have available, but keep finding myself coming back to this one. I love the faceting and these are my dream stats for a mined diamond (which is way out of my budget for a costume piece).

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-2...r-vs1-clarity-gcal-323000043-sku-d-4vgo0bs8vf

Is there anything wrong with it? Am I missing any undertones or red flags?

This is my first MMD consideration so appreciate any pointers.

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 3.34.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 4.32.21 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 3.34.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 3.34.28 pm.png
    967.8 KB · Views: 6

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The proportions and angles are great and fall into GCAL 8X range, but this one didn't quite make the 8X grade...there is some slight light leakage. Might still be worth seeing it in hand with your own eyes.

Screenshot_20230111-073232-930.png

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
The proportions and angles are great and fall into GCAL 8X range, but this one didn't quite make the 8X grade...there is some slight light leakage. Might still be worth seeing it in hand with your own eyes.

Screenshot_20230111-073232-930.png

As a newbie, I’m curious - how did you get the aset images for the stone? Any time I ask for one to see, whoever has the diamond tells me they don’t have it. Is there a trick I don’t know yet? ‍♀️

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
As a newbie, I’m curious - how did you get the aset images for the stone? Any time I ask for one to see, whoever has the diamond tells me they don’t have it. Is there a trick I don’t know yet? ‍♀️
the diamond’s GCAL certified so the images are on the cert.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Exactly as chloe88 stated: I took a screenshot of the grading report after zooming in on the circled section:

Screenshot_20230111-101346-997.png

The images are also available on the GCAL site for this diamond:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh damn - I haven’t looked at a GCAL report yet, only IGI and GIA. I didn’t realized GCAL had these images on it ‍♀️

Pretty fantastic stuff!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @DejaWiz and @Kim N - its always great to have your input.

I am very fussy about faceting (which might be my downfall?) and really love the chunky hearts and arrows - verging on transitional styles, which is why the other stone sang out to me so much.

This was another one in the shortlist.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
See if any of these jump out at you and grab your eyes:

You can see if there is an interactive rotational video available for any of them by tacking on the IGI grading report number (including the leading LG) onto the end of this URL, after the slash:

loupe360.com/diamond/

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz Oh yes that first 2.12 sings out to me, although I'm not normally a D girl.

Thank you for posting them. Is there a way to search by HPHT vs CVD? All the stones I have found so far are CVD but I would prefer HPHT if possible.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @DejaWiz and @Kim N - its always great to have your input.

I am very fussy about faceting (which might be my downfall?) and really love the chunky hearts and arrows - verging on transitional styles, which is why the other stone sang out to me so much.

This was another one in the shortlist.

That stone unfortunately has some leakage.

The faceting on this one looks fairly chunky.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz Oh yes that first 2.12 sings out to me, although I'm not normally a D girl.

Thank you for posting them. Is there a way to search by HPHT vs CVD? All the stones I have found so far are CVD but I would prefer HPHT if possible.

Not to my knowledge...I always end up having to go through many, many diamonds to identify and pick out HPHT with ideal proportions.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
That stone unfortunately has some leakage.

The faceting on this one looks fairly chunky.

Thats a lovely stone - and GIA to boot! I really like the faceting - it's a shame it doesn't have a 360. Would the Crown Height or Crown Angle be something to worry about?

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Not to my knowledge...I always end up having to go through many, many diamonds to identify and pick out HPHT with ideal proportions.

that's dedication!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a lovely stone - and GIA to boot! I really like the faceting - it's a shame it doesn't have a 360. Would the Crown Height or Crown Angle be something to worry about?

It looks quite well cut, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the crown height or angle.

It does have a 360! Did you see the second link in my post, below the Ritani link?

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh I like that chunky one too, I hope you got it!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
It looks quite well cut, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the crown height or angle.

It does have a 360! Did you see the second link in my post, below the Ritani link?

Hi @Kim N , sorry for the slow reply.
Yes I love the 360 but unfortunately that stone got snapped up quickly.

I'll keep searching!

@Inked it got snapped up too quickly!!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I'll let others add more color to these since they're the experts but just dropping a note to say that I love the original stone you selected as well as all the options presented. I too am drawn to large, chunky arrows so these are all beautiful options. Looking to seeing what you decide on!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll let others add more color to these since they're the experts but just dropping a note to say that I love the original stone you selected as well as all the options presented. I too am drawn to large, chunky arrows so these are all beautiful options. Looking to seeing what you decide on!

I agree! I think the one you chose is lovely although there may be a little light leakage, I think it would be worth looking at in person.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I really like this one.

The interesting thing with this stone is that it’s on 3 websites - Ritani, whiteflash and Brian Gavin.
BG is the cheapest - I've reached out and asked them to put it on hold before seeing an ASET/Idealscope if possible.

@cushioncutnut @JV36912 Thank you - In all honesty, chunky faceting is more important to me than size or colour. I adore the BGD and Whiteflash lab grown diamonds but they're pretty expensive. Although I know they would be a knockout!

Last edited:

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Hi All

I wanted to revive my old thread instead of starting a whole new one.

I have been quietly searching for another stone - the 2.06 mentioned above didn't quite have the mm spread I was hoping for so I decided to pass.

I have fallen for this LGD - and hoping it passes the rigorous PriceScope approval testing!! I'm happy to keep searching and like previously stated, I am more drawn to facet patterns rather than stats, so I'm not necessary interested in other diamond recommendations - just whether this one is a good stone? It is just for a fun blingy piece so I am interested in keeping prices low as it won't be a sentimental item.

Thoughts?

Felipe

Rough_Rock
It could be nice if it doesn't have too much strain and striation.
You surely noticed that one arrow is completely off, but this would only be seen with close inspection.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
It could be nice if it doesn't have too much strain and striation.
You surely noticed that one arrow is completely off, but this would only be seen with close inspection.

I didn't notice but of course now it's incredibly obvious! Is it the one at 11 o'clock?

Felipe

Rough_Rock
I didn't notice but of course now it's incredibly obvious! Is it the one at 11 o'clock?

Also the one at 5 o'clock.
I don't think it's a big deal if the price is right.
I don't know how much this quality of material would cost if cut to a perfect H&A.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think the arrows are off because the pavilion has some twist. Possibly has a bit of a hazy/dull appearance, maybe.

Screenshot_20230405-095222-162.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results