shape
carat
color
clarity

Consensus? Ritani setting alone.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I have been doing a great deal of research on this website over the past several months. I have pretty much decided that I want a round (either h&a, ACA, eighternity or Solasfera) stone, somewhere around 1.5 carats, probably from GOG or WF. I also know that I have my heart set on the Ritani endless love setting without the halo. I have read soooo... many different posts regarding whether or not you can buy the setting without purchasing the stone from them.

Is there any consensus or definate answer yet? Has anyone been able to purchase it w/out buying the stone from them? Did you have to have a certain type of stone (some earlier posts said that it had to be 2 ct+)? Does it have to be a stone that is already set in something else.

When I went into Bailey Banks and Biddle the other day, the woman said that it is possible to buy the ritani setting seperately, which they did carry in the store (but she may have been saying that b/c she thought we were interested in buying the stone from Bailey banks and biddle as well).

Thanks a bunch!

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Is this the setting you''re talking about?

http://www.ritani.com/home_html_2.php?stone=all&cat_id=98&gender=women&page=20&get_descr=1RD1966ERP&metal=&collection=&matching=&related=&nav=&top=jewelry

If it is, then yes, you should be able to buy the setting by itself. I also went in to a BBB store and was quoted a price of $1785 for this setting (15% off their normal $2100 price). I ended up buying the setting only from Robbins Bros. when they offered to match the price (they''re much closer to my home). Solomon Brothers also carries Ritani.

You should be able to bargain with all three vendors. Good luck!

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to mention, it does help to have an idea of how big your stone will be when you order the setting. It determines what size head comes on the setting. But you don''t have to have a 2 ct or bigger stone to get the Ritani. The stone I bought for my gf''s ring is only 1.15 carats.

Here is a link to a few pics of the ring I bought.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-is-complete-ritani-pics.37501/

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that is the setting. I love it. Your ring is beautiful. I hope to have a 1.5 carat center stone set in it. Once you bought the setting, did you have to send the stone to Ritani to have them set it, or did you take the setting and stone to another jeweler to have it set?

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I bought the stone from Whiteflash and the setting from Robbins Bros. Robbins Bros had to order the setting for me from Ritani since my gf wears a 4.75 and they didn''t have that size in stock. When the setting came in, I took the stone down to Robbins Bros. with me and they set it for a small fee.

Waiting a few weeks worked out fine since it gave me time to take the stone in and have it appraised loose.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
We bought my Ritani setting from Solomon Brothers. My husband (then fi) had the stone sent to them, they put it in the setting and sent the ring back to us within a week. It was a different setting but it shouldn''t make a difference.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You can get them sepearetely. Pearlman''s has it too and I''m sure that Bill would be glad to answer all of your questions. Its a beautiful ring.

natlaw

Rough_Rock
This is sort of like cheating...but my BF and I had the exact setting custom made. I wanted it to be an eternity (endless love has a space in the back for fitting) and I wanted the diamonds to be slighty bigger. I have 33 .03 diamonds. We picked it up Saturday...and now I am waiting for his official proposal :) (Will post pictures then)

The jeweler who did it for me charged half of the normal price. So it may not be such a bad idea to find a trusted jeweler who can make the setting for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results