shape
carat
color
clarity

connoisseurs's diamond dazzle stick

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seen someone mention this in another thread and did not want to hi-jack it, i just go0gled this as I had never heard of this, does it really work? and from what i am reading about it then you just clean your jewelry right on your hand correct? and you dont need to wash your hands afterwards? i am also kinda of freaked out about chemicals on my hands, so if this works then I need some of this lol, I usually take my rings off when I wash my hands but I dont like to do that in public I usually leave them on but then I hate the soap scum on the diamonds..so will someone please tell me about this product? thank you.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea, I think I am gonna try it as well, the only negative thing I read is that it only has enough cleaner to use around 12 times...but what the heck that will last me awhile since I will only use it when I am out shopping or whatever!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'd definitely use it....I use their jeselry dip and the gel brush, and carry the gel brush in my purse!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have to try it myself. I am OCD about not washing my hands with my rings on but I about had heart failure when I was in the restroom at Sams and I dropped my solitaire ring on their concrete floor. :nono: I thought there are just some times I am going to have to wash my jewelry. It's not like I won''t clean it and scrub it and steam it when I get home. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a 3 pack on Amazon starting at $13.99. I think my local Kay's sells them too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What's that about a polymer filling in little scratches? It's okay? Sounds kind of icky. No?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't used it or seen one of these sticks, but some of their commercials cracked me up!!!!!!

It can't clean the pavilion.
John Pollard told us that a dirty pavilion changes the direction of light compared to a clean pavilion.
This makes a well cut diamond perform as if it was not well cut.
Instead of light being directed where you want it, back out the top in a controlled way, a dirty pavilion sends light in a different direction.

I'm sure this stick is better than nothing for a quick touch up of the crown between real cleanings, but I'm so OCD about keeping the whole diamond clean that I would not bother buying one.
I keep Isopropyl alcohol, a toothbrush and Q-Tips in my car in case one atom of gunk gets on my diamond. :shock:

But those commercials really crack me up. :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309113283|2955505 said:
What's that about a polymer filling in little scratches? It's okay? Sounds kind of icky. No?

you know i read that and i wasnt sure about that either....if it fills in little scratches in the metal then what it is going to do to the stone..
I guess this is why I cam here to ask my fellow keep your diamonds clean cyber friends :wink2: lol, I think I might still give it a try!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have it, use it all the time and it does get the pavillion since it's a little paint brush. I take my ring off to do it then dry on my shirt. Not going to compete with a ultrasonic but it works in a pinch. I don't know anything about the polymer, my jeweler gifted it to me and her opinion was that it was dishsoap in a tube but in a brilliant application.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kelpie! :wavey:
I didn't know it was a brush.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wash my hands with my rings on when I'm out and the liquid handsoap does a great job on grease. It's still gonna get scrubbed when I get home but washing my hands with the liquid soap does just fine. I don't like the polymer idea - even though I'm sure it's perfectly harmless but what if it leaves a film or whatever on the stone? If it fills in tiny cracks it must have something in it!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just spray some Windex on the rings, brush with baby toothbrush, rinse a little, dry with a Q-tip and you're done.

Windex.

If you really want clean, there's a steamer on Amazon for $99 that works great.

I tried the dip one.. the jar I guess? At first it worked but over time I felt like it was creating grimy layers on the diamonds. I switched to foam soap (like B&BW or dial) and they sparkle like craaaaaaaazy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results