shape
carat
color
clarity

connoisseurs's diamond dazzle stick

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seen someone mention this in another thread and did not want to hi-jack it, i just go0gled this as I had never heard of this, does it really work? and from what i am reading about it then you just clean your jewelry right on your hand correct? and you dont need to wash your hands afterwards? i am also kinda of freaked out about chemicals on my hands, so if this works then I need some of this lol, I usually take my rings off when I wash my hands but I dont like to do that in public I usually leave them on but then I hate the soap scum on the diamonds..so will someone please tell me about this product? thank you.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea, I think I am gonna try it as well, the only negative thing I read is that it only has enough cleaner to use around 12 times...but what the heck that will last me awhile since I will only use it when I am out shopping or whatever!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'd definitely use it....I use their jeselry dip and the gel brush, and carry the gel brush in my purse!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have to try it myself. I am OCD about not washing my hands with my rings on but I about had heart failure when I was in the restroom at Sams and I dropped my solitaire ring on their concrete floor. :nono: I thought there are just some times I am going to have to wash my jewelry. It's not like I won''t clean it and scrub it and steam it when I get home. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a 3 pack on Amazon starting at $13.99. I think my local Kay's sells them too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What's that about a polymer filling in little scratches? It's okay? Sounds kind of icky. No?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't used it or seen one of these sticks, but some of their commercials cracked me up!!!!!!

It can't clean the pavilion.
John Pollard told us that a dirty pavilion changes the direction of light compared to a clean pavilion.
This makes a well cut diamond perform as if it was not well cut.
Instead of light being directed where you want it, back out the top in a controlled way, a dirty pavilion sends light in a different direction.

I'm sure this stick is better than nothing for a quick touch up of the crown between real cleanings, but I'm so OCD about keeping the whole diamond clean that I would not bother buying one.
I keep Isopropyl alcohol, a toothbrush and Q-Tips in my car in case one atom of gunk gets on my diamond. :shock:

But those commercials really crack me up. :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1309113283|2955505 said:
What's that about a polymer filling in little scratches? It's okay? Sounds kind of icky. No?
you know i read that and i wasnt sure about that either....if it fills in little scratches in the metal then what it is going to do to the stone..
I guess this is why I cam here to ask my fellow keep your diamonds clean cyber friends :wink2: lol, I think I might still give it a try!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have it, use it all the time and it does get the pavillion since it's a little paint brush. I take my ring off to do it then dry on my shirt. Not going to compete with a ultrasonic but it works in a pinch. I don't know anything about the polymer, my jeweler gifted it to me and her opinion was that it was dishsoap in a tube but in a brilliant application.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kelpie! :wavey:
I didn't know it was a brush.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wash my hands with my rings on when I'm out and the liquid handsoap does a great job on grease. It's still gonna get scrubbed when I get home but washing my hands with the liquid soap does just fine. I don't like the polymer idea - even though I'm sure it's perfectly harmless but what if it leaves a film or whatever on the stone? If it fills in tiny cracks it must have something in it!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just spray some Windex on the rings, brush with baby toothbrush, rinse a little, dry with a Q-tip and you're done.

Windex.

If you really want clean, there's a steamer on Amazon for $99 that works great.

I tried the dip one.. the jar I guess? At first it worked but over time I felt like it was creating grimy layers on the diamonds. I switched to foam soap (like B&BW or dial) and they sparkle like craaaaaaaazy.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.