shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Wow Kay, that necklace is absolutely beautiful. I love the versatility with how you position the clasp. It takes on a completely different look each way. Also, I want to thank you so much for your feedback on my pendant idea. I have the same reservations as you about the size of the amethyst vs. pearl. The reason I thought it might work is because the pearl is about as long as the width of the amethyst. Thought this might balance it out, but since this design stuff is new to me what do I know....haha. I am thinking of sending the components to Pearl Paradise and see what they think. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new necklace.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, I adore that WSS necklace, and it looks stunning on you! My favorite is the clasp at center front ... thumbs up to the idea of a diamond drop enhancer! Congratulations :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WSS is beautiful Kay! I think I love it best where you have the clasp angled up to the right (on you), because you get to see the beautiful clasp, and that direction gives what to my eye looks like a center pearl (the rounder one three pearls in from the clasp), which makes it look like it was designed to be worn that way. There is also a rounder pearl where you have the clasp a bit further up to the right side, which also looks like it was designed to be placed in the center.

Great luster too!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pencilcase - Love is something we do, and you have shown your mother a lot of love with this gift. I think the pearl is wonderful and so colorful, and I love the simple finding. Well done.

Flygirl, I definitely could use your idea with enhancer with the little h mounting myself, it turned out so pretty!

Kay, My favorite is the diamond circle clasp in the center front, you must show the diamonds. Diamonds studs for your ears. The pearls are so white and shimmery, I bet you are having a ball with all the new pearls. I am ready for more photos! I like what cmd2014 suggested too for the WSS.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - WOW! What a center piece for your collection! Amazing every way you wear it!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1412358691|3761456 said:
4RG, the 26th sounds great – we can email later with details. Are the fat sisters being strung as a graduated double strand, or is something else in the works?
Kay I really do not know what Jeremy has decided. When he got the strands back from the drilling and matching we had been emailing back and forth about something else and mentioned that these strands were the best peacock strands he had seen in many years. For him to say something like that means to me they had to be really, really nice. My strands were his favorites from all of the strands from that big Tahitian buy. I had been wanting for strands like HHPmom's since 2009 the last time he had such fine peacocks. After seeing them at the ruckus I could not decide what to do so they still set in his desk. A month ago I finally said I can't decide so I was going to leave all the decisions to him except the color of gold for the clasp. He said the clasp he wants to use he is looking for a manufacture to make it so the strand might show up with a temporary clasp or I could be waiting for a while, just not sure. So all I know for sure is I will be suprised and thrilled when I open that box.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl - I figured you got the pick of the fat sisters lot of 5,600, and I am excited to see them. :)) Fortunately, 5,600 pearls means that there are lots and lots of lovely strands. :cheeky:

I took some photos of Drop 5, the loose Tahitian 10.4mm shown on page 1 of this thread, along with Drop 7, the 9.6mm Tahitian that is set in the little h drop setting in 14kt yellow gold. Jeremy told me that Drop 5 was one of his favorites, along with Drop 1, the "Russian doll" drop that icy jade picked up. Now that I have the pearl, I can see why. The shape is lovely, the color is so blue (and green and purple!), but I particularly like the gleaming turquoise/green at the top of the drop. When I was getting Drop 7 set, I was told that the little h drop setting would fit Drop 5 as well. I'm thinking that I don't want a setting that will cover up that lovely top. Right now I'm leaning towards a simple eye pin, but it remains to be seen.

drops_9244.jpg

drops_9250.jpg

today_9246.jpg

littlehdrop5.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, don't cover anything on that pearl!!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, this new pearl is adorable, and I think your instincts are right. I just love that little H setting, but suspect it would come down too far over the top of the pearl and cover some of the color you like best. Maybe John can find some other "eye pin" style bail with just a bit of gold work interest to sit right at the cute little pointy top of that pearl :)

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Kay, that's a beauty, nice size pearls and good proportion with the clasp. You say you might think of extending the length? Oh to be tall!!

Wearing it with tops that have a higher scoop neck would look gorgeous on you, but if you wanted a longer strand, perhaps rather than adding more pearls you could add two similar but smaller clasps (expensive I guess) and have the smaller pearls sitting at the back of the neck with one of the smaller clasps , or you could, to make it nice and long add some interesting chain links between the pearls (think of those onyx links but silver and much more delicate), distributed across the strand maybe three or five times. It's a keeper even if you do decide to re-work it I reckon.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Fly Girl, I agree to cover up any of that pearls would be a real shame - how about that simple eye then a couple of teeny keishi pearls just above or a statement gem (your birthstone?), or do something like the SS pearls with the garnets still on the connoisseur sale?
Lovely pearl.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Ladies, my Tahitian treasure that I managed to nab at the very last second has arrived! It is spectacular. I opened it at night, the worst time for viewing pearls IMO, and even so, my jaw dropped. I've really never seen anything like it, and my only regret is that I didn't manage to snag more of these beauties (if you're sending back any loose ones-- or those Tahitian tin cups from day 1... :naughty: ).

Now I need to ask for help from you all in figuring out how best to display this beauty. A few ideas have occurred to me:

Necklaces:
1. The Little H pendant. I love how that setting looks. I don't know how well it would work, however, considering the fine pointy tip on this pearl.

2. Something like the PP Embrace setting. This pearl is .7mm larger than the limit for that setting, but I do love the idea of letting it spin undrilled in an elegant little cage. The pearl is so beautiful it deserves to be seen from all angles. But the size is an issue, and perhaps the "bars" on that setting would block off too much of the pearl.

Rings:

Is this even a possibility with a baroque pearl? I really like the idea of a ring so that I can see its magic all the time. And truth be told, this color is not as magnificent on my complexion as dark blue or green pearls are, so I wouldn't be missing out by not placing it near my face. But all the settings I see are for rounds. I think this could look cool set diagonally in something like the Cascade ring setting-- but I have no clue if such a thing is possible!

I'd love to hear your opinions. I've included pics below, including one with a strand of blue-green baroque Tahitians that Elia put together for me several years ago. This loose pearl shares the "sunset effect" that my favorite pearls in that strand have. :)

dsc_5506.jpg

dsc_5507.jpg

dsc_5510.jpg

dsc_5512.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, I would not want to cover up any of that stunning pearl. How about seeing if Hisano can make an appropriately sized version of the little h eyepin bail that is covered in diamonds? (The one 4RG is using for her SoC baroque.)

Dulcinea, your blue green baroque strand is gorgeous. The shape of your loose pearl does seem to lend itself best to a pendant. I think the little h setting in silver would work well, or in rose gold if it could be custom ordered.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1412398968|3761859 said:
Kay|1412358691|3761456 said:
4RG, the 26th sounds great – we can email later with details. Are the fat sisters being strung as a graduated double strand, or is something else in the works?
Kay I really do not know what Jeremy has decided. When he got the strands back from the drilling and matching we had been emailing back and forth about something else and mentioned that these strands were the best peacock strands he had seen in many years. For him to say something like that means to me they had to be really, really nice. My strands were his favorites from all of the strands from that big Tahitian buy. I had been wanting for strands like HHPmom's since 2009 the last time he had such fine peacocks. After seeing them at the ruckus I could not decide what to do so they still set in his desk. A month ago I finally said I can't decide so I was going to leave all the decisions to him except the color of gold for the clasp. He said the clasp he wants to use he is looking for a manufacture to make it so the strand might show up with a temporary clasp or I could be waiting for a while, just not sure. So all I know for sure is I will be suprised and thrilled when I open that box.

It took me several weeks to figure out what to do with my 35" rope. Your strands were so stunning when I saw them at the Ruckus. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Krissy, CRDKeshi, CMD, Frost Me, Pkinnew, Gemzy, thank you for your kind words on my new WSS strand.

CMD, good point about centering one of the rounder pearls when I wear the clasp up the side – I’ll keep that in mind in positioning the necklace.

I can’t imagine I will ever wear this necklace with the pretty clasp hidden in the back, so having the largest pearls center front seems a waste since they will be hidden by my hair. I like how Fly Girl did her rope where the graduation goes larger and smaller throughout the necklace, but her pearls are round. I don’t know if the same idea would work with freeform baroques, or if it would just look messy.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
In the side view photo of the pearl, the first thing that came to mind was a lovely bird. Have you considered having it set as a pin where this would be the bird's head, mounted onto the "body" which could include other stones (pear, marquise cut)?

You could have the pearls strung in reverse, where the smallest pearls are at the apex of the necklace and the largest next to the clasp.

Genkibird

Rough_Rock
bsomlo-I am slow and new to the whole photography thing but here are the backs of the provoked tahitian earrings. I did not know how hard it was to take ear shots. Close up shots of middle age skin is also really scary but oh well…

Thank you for the kind comments, and Manny however just is in love with the new I-phone (he likes to hear people talk and watch videos) Given enough time he does try to munch on the shinny things. Lots of ruined earrings, necklaces ,watches,and even glasses in the past years from all of the birds.

love seeing what others have done with their loose pearls. I have learned so much and gotten so many good ideas for future projects

img_5709.jpg

img_5712.jpg

img_5713.jpg

img_5714.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Genkibird - Thank you so much for coming and posting pictures of the provoked baroque Tahitian earrings. Those are such interesting and unusual pearls. I wonder how big of a trend these are going to be? In any case, you are an early adopter and I hope you enjoy wearing these special pearls. Simply beautiful. :appl: :wavey:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1412539433|3762582 said:
Krissy, CRDKeshi, CMD, Frost Me, Pkinnew, Gemzy, thank you for your kind words on my new WSS strand.

CMD, good point about centering one of the rounder pearls when I wear the clasp up the side – I’ll keep that in mind in positioning the necklace.

I can’t imagine I will ever wear this necklace with the pretty clasp hidden in the back, so having the largest pearls center front seems a waste since they will be hidden by my hair. I like how Fly Girl did her rope where the graduation goes larger and smaller throughout the necklace, but her pearls are round. I don’t know if the same idea would work with freeform baroques, or if it would just look messy.

Kay, you could always have it restrung so that the largest pearls are on either side of the clasp and graduate back...or if you decided that you wanted to wear the clasp angled up to one side of your neck (which I like a lot), you could position the largest pearls so that they would be at the bottom front of your neck when the clasp is where you would wear it most (if that makes sense).

Dulcinea, the pointy tips of pearls can be cut off so that they fit into a ring setting. The bottom of that pearl is beautiful the way you have it on your hand (like it would be in a ring). But a small bale to fit it for a pendant would also be beautiful!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Genkibird - Your pearls so pretty and so large and plump.Thanks for posting more pictures, where's the bird?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1412299230|3760995 said:
Update on my Tahitian Drop purchased at the beginning of the sale. It is the 9.6 mm Tahitian that I posted on the first page of this thread. I had it set in a 14 kt yellow gold little h drop setting and it arrived today.

I love, love, love this setting and this pretty drop. It is just what I was hoping it would be...better color and luster than the Tahitian rope from last month's sale, but still related colors since they are from the same lot of pearls.

Fly Girl, I love your pearl and the how colorful it is in the photograph, the little h setting is darling. I know your happy! Your hanger enhancer has inspired me for a future pendant. I am sad I was not able to purchase a special pearl by Jeremy, but I recently purchased what I believe is the hanger your using it is dainty 8mm x 12mm and I love it. Have you ever noticed hangers/ enhancer scratching the pearl on the strand?

img_5555.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1412879726|3764946 said:
Fly Girl|1412299230|3760995 said:
Update on my Tahitian Drop purchased at the beginning of the sale. It is the 9.6 mm Tahitian that I posted on the first page of this thread. I had it set in a 14 kt yellow gold little h drop setting and it arrived today.

I love, love, love this setting and this pretty drop. It is just what I was hoping it would be...better color and luster than the Tahitian rope from last month's sale, but still related colors since they are from the same lot of pearls.

Fly Girl, I love your pearl and the how colorful it is in the photograph, the little h setting is darling. I know your happy! Your hanger enhancer has inspired me for a future pendant. I am sad I was not able to purchase a special pearl by Jeremy, but I recently purchased what I believe is the hanger your using it is dainty 8mm x 12mm and I love it. Have you ever noticed hangers/ enhancer scratching the pearl on the strand?

img_5555.jpg
Thank you, Frost Me. I have not noticed any scratching of my pearls by an enhancer, but I must admit that I generally don't wear the enhancer on the pearl strand. Mostly I wear the enhancer as a pendant on a metal chain. I just like having the option to 'kick it up a notch', if you will. :))

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I love a larger lobster clasp (or toggle) on a strand of pearls so that the enhancer can be worn at that location.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Genkibird - Your provoked Tahitians lookstunning on you! Congratulations on being one of the first to own them!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Dulcinea Wow, your new pearl is stunning I love the color, gosh how to set will take time. I can't wait to see what you do, and your blue-green strand is stunning also. Keep us updated.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The pistachio strand arrived. To be honest, I wasn’t sure about this strand when I first received it. I really liked the darker green pearls on the strand, but was worried about the lighter yellowish green pearls near the front of the strand, as I usually try to avoid yellow with my skin tone. When I first tried it on, I liked the uniqueness and intensity of the colors – these are not pearls that go gray in most lighting. Whatever shirt I tried it on with that first night, it just didn’t look great on me, so I put the strand in the drawer for a few days.

This morning, I decided to try the strand with a black scoop neck top. I think the strand works great with black, which I wear often. I love the longer length – I may need to add an extender chain to a couple of my 18” strands.

Here are a few photos:

PP glamour shot:

Neck shots -- outdoors (you can see the reflection of the camera and my hand in several of the pearls):

Indoors:

pp_pistachio_1.jpg

img_9655.jpg

img_9666.jpg

img_9671.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, I have to admit that I would not have thought of getting pistachio Tahitians either, as my colouring is similar to yours. But they look fantastic on you! Dang....now it's one more thing for me to put onto my wish list! ;))

In addition to the colour, I have to say that they are beautiful in their luster and shape, and the banding, and the way that they drape on you. I think I might even prefer them to your WSS (which I would not have thought possible).

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls are funny creatures. They will at times look dark and bad when wearing the wrong color next to them and look like a totally different strand when next to a color that will make them pop and show all their beautiful colors. Kay I am so glad you got this strand. Jeremy said it leans at times to the pearls looking gold rather than green. Truly a special strand.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think the strand is lovely and unique. The drape and length are perfect on you! Enjoy and once again, wear in health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay - Those pistachio Tahitians are extraordinary. Another piece that you will never see on anyone else while walking down the street. So gorgeous!

Well done! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results