shape
carat
color
clarity

Congo Tourmaline

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Just curious if anyone can weigh in on darker teal blue congolese tourmalines. We have one purchased from Daniel Stair about 12 years ago, and I am thrilled that we are finally having it set!

Was at the Tucson Gem Show looking for more examples of this stone. Did not see anything at all like mine, and it seems to be somewhat hard to find now. Is the mine still producing this color? What does it tend to run per carat? Love this stone and a matching pendant would be amazing. Where are all the fine teal tourmalines?

We will have the ring appraised once set, but how do I find an appraiser who has a true knowledge of gemstones? We have a few other stones from that same time period that will set soon. But nothing like this one. You can see it sparkling in thy background behind the setting we bought at the show 20200217_133417.jpg 20200209_104121.jpg

Loving all the photos and ideas here. Many thanks 20200217_133417.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I would reach out to Dana (Mastercut Gems) with your questions. He is the absolute kindest man and very generous with his time and info. He’s helped me with tourmaline rough questions, etc. I wish I could weigh in on the specifics of your post. I too have a teal tourmaline I adore and want earrings to match eventually but no luck yet. My tourmaline is mid-century vintage. 691212

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you put in teal tourmaline on places like Etsy and Ebay it comes up with a few examples...

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Beautiful tourmalines! Can't wait to see it set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results