shape
carat
color
clarity

confused and losing hope, looking for advice on a loose diamond

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Thanks to pricescope my husband got me a beautiful ring 10 years ago. We are now looking for an upgrade and I am so confused. I had found 3 diamonds and then had posted to reddit actually, thinking the research and specs we've done research on the 3 options would have been good. However everyone said they were terrible diamonds. I do not know who to trust or which specs we need to be focusing on anymore. So what we are looking for is:

2 ct-2.5 would even go to 3 ct if price is right
Color - I was told to seek D,E,F (but is G color ok?)
Clarity: VS1 and up
Cut: Excellent to Ideal (again looking for input as well)

I so appreciate the more educated peeps on here and look forward to some input. Thanks so much in advance

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a budget so the amazing sleuths here can search for you?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two options for you under $2200, but recommended stones often get snatched up by lurkers, so let me know when you're online and ready to put one on hold or purchase.

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
Do you have a budget so the amazing sleuths here can search for you?

honestly not really, just looking for the best value and a gorgeous stone :)

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
I have two options for you under $2200, but recommended stones often get snatched up by lurkers, so let me know when you're online and ready to put one on hold or purchase.

okay sounds great I am online for the next little bit will wait for your response :) thank you

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still online?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim, r u online?

Here you go!

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
Here you go!

thank you looking at them now. any idea on what the HCA is on these two?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you looking at them now. any idea on what the HCA is on these two?

I ran only the first one, but their proportions are almost identical, so the HCA should be the same on the second one.

HCA.jpg

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
I ran only the first one, but their proportions are almost identical, so the HCA should be the same on the second one.

HCA.jpg

which one would you pick out of the two?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL my guts says that too! whats your thoughts on the inclusions?

I really don't think they'll be visible to the naked eye. It's a beautiful diamond. Even if you're not ready to purchase, I'd at least put it on hold so no one else can get it.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
If it helps I have a 4 carat VS2 and you can’t see the inclusions.

Shnookums

Rough_Rock
purchased!!! thanks so much for your help Kim, we are still waiting for an update on shipping etc but they said they still had to secure it first? which makes me a little nervous, but I hope we get what we asked for.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purchased!!! thanks so much for your help Kim, we are still waiting for an update on shipping etc but they said they still had to secure it first? which makes me a little nervous, but I hope we get what we asked for.

You're very welcome! Fingers crossed they can secure it for you. Please come back and share your thoughts once it arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results