shape
carat
color
clarity

confused about what to do as to metal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hope everyone can help with this one. Originally, when I got married, I had white gold engagement and wedding rings. Recently, my husband and I had new yellow gold (with small diamonds set into them) wedding bands made by an artist. I''m going to have my original engagement diamond made into a necklace. I had decided I wasn''t going to wear an engagement ring anymore. Well, now I have taken it into my head that I do want a NEW diamond engagement ring for a milestone anniversary coming up. For some reason, I want it to be in white gold or platinum. So, I could wear the yellow gold wedding band with the white gold or platinum enagement ring together but that might look odd. I could have both rings for my left hand but wear them at different times. I could wear the yellow gold wedding ring on my left hand and get the new engagement ring for my right hand. My husband thinks I should wear them both together on my left hand ring finger but the metals not matching just seems odd to me. I''m really confused-any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you opposed to having your new wedding band rhodium plated, that way it will match your new ering whether it''s white gold or platinum???? If you don''t want to go that route, you can always wear your wedding band on your left hand and the new ering on your right. And there are some that love to mix their metals so you can go that way as well. It''s what YOU are comfortable with, there are no rules these days, HTH.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go try a ring in white metal on with your yellow gold ring.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I guess I will try a ring in white gold (or platinum) next to the wedding band to see how it looks. (I do want to keep the wedding band yellow gold-that particular ring looks great in yellow)

In February of 2004, I bought diamond stud earrings after reading a ton of information on this site. I can''t imagine picking a new diamond for an engagement ring. It sounds overwhelming! My poor (soon to be poorer?) husband is in for some fun.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
He will live to regret those words ;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom wears her yellow gold (artist made also) wedding band on her left hand and her PLT diamond ring (from my grandmother) on her right. I have seen her stack them before. She doesn''t mind the difference in color b/c both pieces are so meaningful to her. Some people are matchy matchy others aren''t.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only two words for you: POST PICTURES!!!

Deb :)

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I will post pictures. (that is if I can figure out how to do it) I should post pics of my wedding band, it''s really pretty. Later, I''ll do the new engagement ring. Thanks again everyone.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Maybe your new engagement ring could be two-tone? It could be mostly platinum/white gold maybe, but have some yellow gold on it to bridge the difference a little. Just another though. I like mixing colors.
1.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, that might be an idea. I could maybe just have some sort of small accemts of yellow gold on the shank on either side of the diamond. It would tie it in better I think. Thanks!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
And don''t forget our pictures!
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to try to work on the picture thing. I''d really like to show everyone the new wedding bands we got. My band has small diamonds and my husband''s band has small diamonds with small rubies set in 18k yellow gold. This is such a nice forum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results