shape
carat
color
clarity

Conflict Diamonds-avoidance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

georginatan

Rough_Rock
As a consumer can you advise me on how to consciously avoid buying 'conflict diamonds' those which are sold in exchange for guerilla arms?

I do love diamonds and ideally would like those I buy to remain an object of love not war.

Any advise most welcome.:confused:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Risk of buying a diamond from a conflict region is rather small: about 4%.

There are several ways to be more certain. For example, you can buy a diamond from Canada (Tundra, Ekati, Polar bear, etc.). Rand (one of the sightholders) diamonds are coming with certificate stated non conflict origin of their diamonds.

I'm sure there are other ways also.

Btw, some of the famost diamonds aren't conflict free at all.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Buy an estate piece with an old cut diamond and you will not be buying one from any conflict. Or, buy from a vendor who can give you a known source for the stone sucvh as has been suggested. Canada for colorless, Australia for brown and pink. You might even consider man made diamonds in fancy colors that finding their way to retail consumers, too.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
EightStar diamonds are also Canadian in origin.

:)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey lawmax,

When will we start cutting EightStar in Canada? Labor is 1.6 times cheaper here :cheeky:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
"Hey lawmax,

When will we start cutting EightStar in Canada? Labor is 1.6 times cheaper here."

There are very few EightStar cutters and the training is long and specialized. Even if you could convince them to move to Canada, they would still have to be paid for their very unique and masterful skills. :)

Oh, and who are you referring to when you write, "we"? :cheeky:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Oh, and who are you referring to when you write, "we"? :cheeky:
----------------

Canadians of course :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results