shape
carat
color
clarity

Confessions of a butler at an exclusive hotel

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my butler colleagues at a previous job in London was asked to ship in and set up a guest’s order of fresh oysters in the bathtub. He diligently filled the tub with ice and laid the oysters out, only to discover that the guest wanted the oysters placed in the tub around his soaking body.

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying... just go to the beach, you weirdo

The Plaza maintains a Betsey Johnson-designed suite in honor of Eloise, the capricious six-year-old that fictionally lived on the property. It was here that Nimer, another member of the butler team, had his most bizarre service experience to date. A request was put in for someone to come up and read the beloved children’s book as a bedtime story, but when Nimer arrived there were no children to be found. Four thirtysomethings were neatly tucked into one, large bed. Concealing his shock, Nimer read to them for 90 minutes—then tracked down Eloise on video, in case they hadn’t had enough.

This is cute! I could see fans of the book doing that as a fun special experience.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a fun read! Ah, the lives of the rich and famous........

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not in hotels, but we did have a butler on our Silversea cruise to Antarctica. We have remained FB friends too. 20181225_170455.jpg 20181229_121854.jpg 20191211_112750.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an awesome experience.
Jealous here.

I must ask. Did your butler draw your bath with raw oysters? :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The oyster story - Ugh
The Eloise story - Aw!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an awesome experience.
Jealous here.

I must ask. Did your butler draw your bath with raw oysters? :lol:

Other passengers asked their butlers to draw their baths but we did not. We also preferred to unpack ourselves.

He did have hot tea waiting for us when we returned from our zodiac excursions. They had these tea bags with hooks on them so it wouldn't fall in the cup. Hubby asked for Lipton tea to which the butler replied, "Sir we don't normally serve Lipton tea to our guests but I can get you some from the crew mess" lol. 20190102_100819.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Eloise story - Aw!

This is cute! I could see fans of the book doing that as a fun special experience.
I haven't read this book so I'm not sure if this is part of it - but is it actually cute to have four 30-somethings all tucked in together into one bed and have a butler read them a bed time story? Maybe I just have a terrible mind, but that doesn't read "aw" to me, more like a fetish or something hahah

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't read this book so I'm not sure if this is part of it - but is it actually cute to have four 30-somethings all tucked in together into one bed and have a butler read them a bed time story? Maybe I just have a terrible mind, but that doesn't read "aw" to me, more like a fetish or something hahah

I suppose it could go either way :lol: :lol-2: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Maybe I just have a terrible mind, but that doesn't read "aw" to me, more like a fetish or something hahah

Maybe I just have a wonderful mind, but a fetish or two makes me go, "Aw". :Up_to_something: :mrgreen:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always have a butler on our Oceania cruises, in fact, the one we have now, was also our butler on an Alaska cruise.3 years ago, and he remembered us.

He brought us breakfast this morning, because we docked in San Francisco, and had to get off the ship to go through immigration at an allotted time. Then we had to sit in the terminal building until everyone had got off the ship, what a monumental waste of time.:roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results