shape
carat
color
clarity

Confessions of a bling addict.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
What a terrible situation! I hope that you are able to get the stone back somehow so that you can appreciate that beauty!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:38:35 AM
Author: Gypsy
Platinum''s rock the drama of your post made me LOL.

I talked to John about it, and he agreed that having his mom approach his sister about it was the best way, and he''s promised to bring it up ''when we are in a position to buy it''... which we are not right now. He knows I want the ring, and actually he wants it too. He was really excited that I wanted his mom''s ring and wanted to replicate the setting because he''s always loved her ring too.

It''s like a beacon, she very rarely cleaned it (but showered with it) and even though you could tell from the setting that the thing needed a good long soap and a toothbrush, it was always so bright. It''s an exceptional stone. The setting is actually really simple, it has an older style basket, heart prongs and tapered baguettes (one of them is broken/cracked). Suits me down to the bone.

I don''t think we''ll have kids, so I have no problem promising it to one of my nieces or my nephew.

You guys have given me some grea food for thought.

I would make the appraisal appointment myself (I''m the organizer in both our famillies) and I would make sure to tell the appraiser what the purpsose of the appraisal was.

Offering to buy her a different diamond is a good idea too... one I hadn''t considered. It would also ''maybe'' solve the issue AG raised, that if one of her daughters are expecting the diamond, there will be another for them to look forward too. I will suggest that to John, again when we can afford it. A nice pendant and earrings would be a great idea (one diamond for each daughter).

Next time I''m in NJ I''ll see if I can snap off a few pics of the ring for you all.

Thank you guys for your advice. I really appreciate it.
emrose.gif

I ditto the trade thing! It seems like it solves a lot of your problems, and I like the twist you put on it with the earrings and pendant (if she''s more financially/materially motivated, you could put it to her as she''s getting way more bang - 3 diamonds for trading in one old one???).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results