shape
carat
color
clarity

Concern with EGL cert S12 - a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bengals

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been searching this site looking for some answers and now I just have more questions.

I found a 2.23 H SI2 EGL cert diamond for $14,300 (not including a trade in). Here are the specs:

Depth - 60.3%
Table - 58%
Crown Height = 13%
Pavillion Depth = 44%
Polish/Symmetry = Very Good
Girdle = Medium

My two concerns are there is a small dark crystal I can see near the star facet and a feather that seems to go close to the girdle. I am told the feather is not breaking the surface and its hard for me to verify this under the microscope.

I love everything about this diamond, the Cut Advisor rating was a 1.8 Excellent and may be able to live with the inclusion, if I am getting what I pay for.

Question is, being its a EGL cert and I can see the inclusion, does this mean its misgraded and probaly and SI3 or even an I1?

Will this feather that to me seems close to the girdle break or will a prong ssetting on it help?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. It is important to know that the cert is EGL-USA (good) or EGL Europe or Israel (not a good reputation).

2. Because EGL-USA give an SI3 grading, it is possible for their SI2 stones to have a better clarity than GIA and other labs SI2 grades.

3. Please do not use % to get a final HCA grade - request a Sarin scan with angles and check the result - the variance could be from 1 to 3!

bengals

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info on the EGL cert.

Now if this jeweler is borrowing this diamond from the owner, how do I go about getting a Sarin Report? Is it something they should be willing to pay for or am I? How long does it take? If they say NO, should I run?

I appreciate this since its a big investment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results