shape
carat
color
clarity

Concern about buying online

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
:(2
Tried the Capturing a still image DE26ED00-A5EE-42BD-901F-E9386BB09A6F.png of my video 5C41977E-D828-49D1-8892-5C6F89FC1F75.png

Oh ... it is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Arrrrrrgh, lol.

@Ereeg ... I wish you many many years of abject happiness!!!!

Hint: we never get tired of pictures on PS, lol.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!
Please come back with hand shots once she accepts!!

We love pics!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats. This was an absolute saga to get to the final product, but it was worth the wait!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Propose here and let her wear it to Hawaii! You don’t want anymore mishaps :kiss2:

It’s gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
So I went into the local jeweler today with the Whiteflash ring in hand to get my layaway money back. The manager had asked me to please bring the ring in once I had it and he can prove to me he could beat the price for something I won’t be able to tell the difference appearance wise, “same or better quality.”

The first guy working there was AGS and GIA graduate. He was an older gentleman and said he had been in the diamond business for over 30 years. He took one look at the ring and said it’s absolutely gorgeous. He also said he feels AGS is much more strict on cut and the better grading system all around. He validated that ideal parameters are what he thinks are the best of the best. Different than what the first sales rep and manager told me over the phone when I called to say I will be canceling the reservation.

The manager came in shortly after when he finished with another customer. He told me GIA is more strict and showed me an example of an AGA stone that was sent to GIA and received a worse clarity and color rating than originally from AGS gave it. I told him his last sales person told me the complete opposite. He didn’t have a great answer for that. But he got a bit defensive saying you can’t argue with facts and showed me the picture of the GIA versus AGS stone he had recertificatied higher through GIA.

He then brought in four or five loose stones with similar carat color and clarity. All GIA triple excellent. We looked at the first one which was a 1.4 H VS2. He kept talking about how beautiful it was and that he couldn’t see differences between the two. He never doubted mine was beautiful. We looked at the diamond in two separate hearts and arrow viewers. One was actually from whiteflash. I asked why I never got to look at them through this when I picked one, he said most people don’t do the research I do and it wouldn’t mean anything to them. But that they are excellent cut and GIA is more strict so they will have great hearts and arrows and light return.

I told him yes his stone was also beautiful but I could definitely see a difference. From a distance probably not. At least under the jewelry store lighting. But close up I could. And it was definitely noticeable. The difference was mine looked crisp towards the center with much more increase contrast and his looked white and less crisp. He kind of didn’t say he disagreed but he didn’t say he agreed. He just said in normal viewing not next to each other nobody could ever tell a difference. And I said I want the best of the best for her, which she respected. When I looked at his through the hearts and arrows/ideal scope , the middle had obvious light leakage. Mine had none. And mine definitely looked more uniform! That’s exactly what I saw in real life and it felt so good to notice it in real life!

He said he is getting me a step up in clarity and the sticker price was $13,000. He said he could do it for $10,500. I then told him what I ended up paying for the diamond. Less than his best offer. I did tell him there were some setbacks and I ended up getting some money off the price. But pre discount the prices were close with Whiteflash being a bit more expensive. Is soon as I told him what I had paid, it was almost funny… He stacked all four or five diamonds he had out grab them and said well Eric, you got a fantastic price on a fantastic stone. And I’m just not going to beat it. I would lose money to sell you mine at the price you got. He thanked me for sticking to my word and giving him a chance to prove my diamond wrong. He then graciously asked to keep him in mind for wedding bands and said he would take care of my beautiful engagement ring if I were to purchase a band from him for any service, cleaning etc.

I shook his hand, swiped my card for a refund, and left so satisfied. I do not think they are bad people over there and I probably will end up getting a band locally, especially wait to have a relationship with someone local for any service that might come up. Thought y’all would enjoy the story!

So you guys were right :)

Last edited:

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
So I went into the local jeweler today with the Whiteflash ring in hand to get my layaway money back. The manager had asked me to please bring the ring in once I had it and he can prove to me he could beat the price for something I won’t be able to tell the difference appearance wise, “same or better quality.”

The first guy working there was AGS and GIA graduate. He was an older gentleman and said he had been in the diamond business for over 30 years. He took one look at the ring and said it’s absolutely gorgeous. He also said he feels AGS is much more strict on cut and the better grading system all around. He validated that ideal parameters are what he thinks are the best of the best. Different than what the first sales rep and manager told me over the phone when I called to say I will be canceling the reservation.

The manager came in shortly after when he finished with another customer. He told me GIA is more strict and showed me an example of an AGA stone that was sent to GIA and received a worse clarity and color rating than originally from AGS gave it. I told him his last sales person told me the complete opposite. He didn’t have a great answer for that. But he got a bit defensive saying you can’t argue with facts and showed me the picture of the GIA versus AGS stone he had recertificatied higher through GIA.

He then brought in four or five loose stones with similar carat color and clarity. All GIA triple excellent. We looked at the first one which was a 1.4 H VS2. He kept talking about how beautiful it was and that he couldn’t see differences between the two. He never doubted mine was beautiful. We looked at the diamond in two separate hearts and arrow viewers. One was actually from whiteflash. I asked why I never got to look at them through this when I picked one, he said most people don’t do the research I do and it wouldn’t mean anything to them. But that they are excellent cut and GIA is more strict so they will have great hearts and arrows and light return.

I told him yes his stone was also beautiful but I could definitely see a difference. From a distance probably not. At least under the jewelry store lighting. But close up I could. And it was definitely noticeable. The difference was mine looked crisp towards the center with much more increase contrast and his looked white and less crisp. He kind of didn’t say he disagreed but he didn’t say he agreed. He just said in normal viewing not next to each other nobody could ever tell a difference. And I said I want the best of the best for her, which she respected. When I looked at his through the hearts and arrows/ideal scope , the middle had obvious light leakage. Mine had none. And mine definitely looked more uniform! That’s exactly what I saw in real life and it felt so good to notice it in real life!

He said he is getting me a step up in clarity and the sticker price was $13,000. He said he could do it for $10,500. I then told him what I ended up paying for the diamond. Less than his best offer. I did tell him there were some setbacks and I ended up getting some money off the price. But pre discount the prices were close with Whiteflash being a bit more expensive. Is soon as I told him what I had paid, it was almost funny… He stacked all four or five diamonds he had out grab them and said well Eric, you got a fantastic price on a fantastic stone. And I’m just not going to beat it. I would lose money to sell you mine at the price you got. He thanked me for sticking to my word and giving him a chance to prove my diamond wrong. He then graciously asked to keep him in mind for wedding bands and said he would take care of my beautiful engagement ring if I were to purchase a band from him for any service, cleaning etc.

I shook his hand, swiped my card for a refund, and left so satisfied. I do not think they are bad people over there and I probably will end up getting a band locally, especially wait to have a relationship with someone local for any service that might come up. Thought y’all would enjoy the story!

So you guys were right :)

I love this story!! I am so happy you got a stone you feel good and proud about! Your soon to be fiance is lucky to have someone who cares so deeply about giving her the best!

Last edited:

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
I love this story!! I am so happy you got a stone you feel good and proud about! Your soon to be finance is lucky to have someone who cares so deeply about giving her the best!

Thank you that’s very kind to say! And thank you for reading that whole last post that turned out really long!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Great story, I am glad it all worked out! And glad you had the experience you had in the store, always nice to see an outcome that supports all the work and effort. Congrats and good luck!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad it all worked out and the local store was gracious and civil enough to actually think of their long-term prospects, rather than being grumpy because you were right :D lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!! Can’t wait to see hand shots.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
D033ABC5-4232-467D-AB42-3DBF4DB0F8C7.jpeg 621D5F50-19F0-4B8C-9BEF-07B54126A117.jpeg 980D1049-39A3-4ED0-8883-AF363E9808DA.jpeg 59E358C0-FA96-42B6-B6D9-A880340A6110.jpeg

Attachments

• 8417BA11-879E-4F0B-97E7-6D2A48392E3B.jpeg
    8417BA11-879E-4F0B-97E7-6D2A48392E3B.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 20
  • B774FC6F-C8A0-4F1E-8F86-DFE95DACBEB5.jpeg
    B774FC6F-C8A0-4F1E-8F86-DFE95DACBEB5.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 4BB78B74-E83C-453F-97D9-3220A3A69409.png
    4BB78B74-E83C-453F-97D9-3220A3A69409.png
    692.7 KB · Views: 15

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! :clap:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
congratulations! Absolutely stunning ring and it looks gorgeous on her hand :love::love:

her nails are fabulous btw.:mrgreen:

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
:P2What a lucky girl!!

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. Gorgeous ring on her hand

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Ok we did a long kayak tour and hike through calf deep mud after the proposal. Obviously it got dirty! We were chatting with some folks we met on the tour and mentioned we got engaged this morning. The lady (with a very large diamond) said “yeah I was looking at your diamond and wondering how it was so sparkly, must be so clean.” Or it’s an ACA

mermaid

Rough_Rock
What a trip! :D Congratulations to you both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results