shape
carat
color
clarity

Concern about buying online

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I’m glad they decided to be super generous with you!

I really hope you find the diamond and wait (I don’t see the first two expected production weeks a delay) and the 1.5 week delay worth it!

How many days left to wait??? Please post lots of pictures!!!! And please be positive and happy!!!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5 percent is huge. Nice.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
5 percent is huge. Nice.

I thought it was insane! lol. However, given that they suggested custom to shorten the production time and then made a mistake that made the production time longer ... I can see it ... sort of, lol.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
I’m glad they decided to be super generous with you!

I really hope you find the diamond and wait (I don’t see the first two expected production weeks a delay) and the 1.5 week delay worth it!

How many days left to wait??? Please post lots of pictures!!!! And please be positive and happy!!!

No the first two weeks were definitely expected. It was delayed another three weeks after that.

Yes I am quite satisfied with what they have done to make this right. I will post pictures when it arrives!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
No the first two weeks were definitely expected. It was delayed another three weeks after that.

Yes I am quite satisfied with what they have done to make this right. I will post pictures when it arrives!

Oh my gosh @Ereeg ... please accept my apology ... and thank you for the clarification as well. I have a whole lot more sympathy now!!! Sorry about that.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
So if anyone is following along. The unfortunate update is the girdle was chipped while setting the stone. Got the call last night. BUMMER! Ha it’s almost funny at this point, maybe it isn’t meant to be ;-) obviously this isn’t Whiteflash’s fault and can happen when setting a diamond. But this saga is getting crazy!

Working on selecting alternate diamond now...oh man. Have to laugh. Lol!

Last edited:

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
So if anyone is following along. The unfortunate update is the girdle was chipped while setting the stone. Got the call last night. BUMMER! Ha it’s almost funny at this point, maybe it isn’t meant to be ;-) obviously this isn’t Whiteflash’s fault and can happen when setting a diamond. But this saga is getting crazy!

That’s terrible!!! What a string of bad luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Ereeg...look at it this way...in the end, you'll have the most perfect girl and it will all be worth it!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All you can do is laugh. Better to have bad luck now than with the proposal and wedding I suppose. Get it all out now.

Just trying to find some light.

I’m sure you will be pleased in the end.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are kidding me!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

ARRRRRRGH! That is terrible news! So sorry to hear of the continued trouble ... geez .... :wall:

Good luck with the next diamond!!!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4109153.htm

That’s the diamond I went with (1.41 H SI1 Eye clean) instead of the damaged 1.26 G SI1. Nice little size bump from 6.87 to 7.17 diameter :)

I got glamour shots sent to me a couple days ago but had requested tabbed prongs and they weren’t boxy enough for my liking. WF was able to modify next business day...AND SHIPPED YESTERDAY! And it’s at FedEx locally per the tracking. Oh my god, you don’t know how relieved I am! Will pick up later today and leave for Kauai Wednesday morning!

Whiteflash I felt truly upset about this string of misfortune, and ended up offering me 10% off of my total purchase price (plus the 3% wire discount). I felt that was generous.

Pics coming later :)

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a very sizeable bump, for an amazing price. All worked out by the sounds of it.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a nice size bump! Beautiful ring; so glad it all worked out :P2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous! So glad its getting to you on time...and who wouldnt be excited about the bump in size!?!

Have a great trip to Kauai!!!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! So sorry for all of the mishap involved in getting that ring on your finger. UGH. My custom experience is interesting-I received EXACTLY what I asked for. The cad certainly looked "chunky" and I was quite concerned the end result would NOT be what I desired. However, when the ring finally arrived(right on time line suggested by vendor), the ring was even MORE delicate than what I imagined. I truly have had to get 'used' to the delicacy of the band and its' slender appearance and almost barely there diamonds. Fiance even suggested I return it for a more substantial "look" if I am not happy. It has been a getting used to process and now I am bona fide in LOVE with my ring. Of course, DS has set it because I'm greedy, and I certainly am eyeing up 3 ct stones on their website, considering what an upgrade would entail. I do believe I'd have the exact same setting made again.

Your ring is gorgeous. Their compensation for your troubles is quite generous imo, and I hope it's everything your heart desires. Enjoy Hawaii, too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Sorry about all the trouble along the way, but the ring is amazing. I think the tab prongs are perfect and definitely make it more of a classic / tiffany-esque look. And hooray for size bump, that's always a good thing!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thank you all for ALL of the support.

I have it in my hand! Collective sigh of relief.

And...it’s...PERFECT. I maybe got a bit teary eyed when I saw it.

First impression was wow that’s big!

Second impression was OOO SPARKLES.

Third impression: I can’t see literally any color or tint in this diamond.-relief with H color.

Fourth impression was:

I’m glad I didn’t pay more for VS or VVS because I can’t see a darn thing with my naked and it looks clean as could be.

Last impression:

Setting is exactly what I had imagined.

This is months in the making, and I am thoroughly excited and pleased with this diamond and ring. Now if I had to say the stress and ups and downs and delays along the way were worth it, I’m not sure. I have a beautiful ring and diamond in time so it downstairs matter right now! All I know is that is finally in the past now and I have 94 hours to spare until we leave on vacation and it’s in my hand. And that Whiteflash was very fair with their offer(s) to make up for mishaps and admitted their mistakes and took swift action.

I cannot wait to give it to her.

I have three concerns now…

First one is she will think it is too big ha ha-doubt it. But she is short and petite. I’m crazy for even thinking this...she will love it!

Second one is I hope she says yes.

Third one is I’m going to talk to her parents this weekend and pull a classic ask for permission and hopefully they grant it!

And lastly...it’s damn hard to take a picture of a diamond with an iPhone!

Thank you all again so much!!! Ecstatic :)

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyyyy it's so gorgeous. She will say yes, and I cannot wait to see handshots once she's wearing it!! So happy for you!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Yayyyyyy it's so gorgeous. She will say yes, and I cannot wait to see handshots once she's wearing it!! So happy for you!
Thank you so much! You’ve been so excellent the whole way and I believe you were one of the first influencers against the local brick-and-mortar “flat top” diamond I had on layaway. So THANK YOU !!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
One more question did you guys get an appraisal with your purchase from white flash or other online retailers? I had assumed I would get one but I don’t see one-Just receipt and AGS certificate l. And I need to get this baby insured by Tuesday!

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
One more question did you guys get an appraisal with your purchase from white flash or other online retailers? I had assumed I would get one but I don’t see one-Just receipt and AGS certificate l. And I need to get this baby insured by Tuesday!
1) sorry for all your woes
2) it’s perfect and beautiful
3) she will say YES!
4) My ring did not come with an appraisal but JewelersMutual emailed me with quote and everything based on what WF sent to them. We chose to go that route.
5) Good Luck , Congratulations, Best Wishes and enjoy Hawaii. Headed there for our honeymoon

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
We forwarded the paperwork and cert to Fiance's homeowner's and added the ring/setting stat! I will still get an appraisal by an appraiser I recently used and have that as well. It IS stunning, she will say YES! and be thrilled. When are you proposing? As soon as my ring arrived, I knew I couldn't wait to have it! Is this going to be a total surprise, @Ereeg ? The size is more than just right for a petite gal. All the best to you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just perfect! :clap:

We hooked up with Jewelers Mutual through WF. Good luck!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
We forwarded the paperwork and cert to Fiance's homeowner's and added the ring/setting stat! I will still get an appraisal by an appraiser I recently used and have that as well. It IS stunning, she will say YES! and be thrilled. When are you proposing? As soon as my ring arrived, I knew I couldn't wait to have it! Is this going to be a total surprise, @Ereeg ? The size is more than just right for a petite gal. All the best to you!

I did an online quote through jewelers mutual, and will call my insurance agent Monday when he’s in the office. I can probably run and grab an appraisal on it quickly Monday if he needs it. Otherwise I’ll go through the jewelers mutual.

So total surprise, I wouldn’t quite say that. We have not stopped at a ring store in probably about a year or so. Prior to that we have stopped at multiple and she’s giving me the idea of what she wants. So when I started this journey beginning of January I reserved a ring at a brick-and-mortar shop, and it was super ironic the very following day we were laying in bed and she showed me a picture of an engagement ring on Pinterest...And asked me what I think. It was a solitaire and it was massive. And I played it off super cool not to give her an idea and said it looks nice and it looks very expensive. Then she said, yeah if you need some advice put the money in the center diamond and don’t worry about an elaborate setting. I said lol ok ;-)

We have been together close to four years. We already own a house and have a dog together, so this was coming it was just a matter of when and I think this when next week will be a surprise! I’m a bit of a hopeless romantic so I really am excited for the surprise! I just looked at the ring again and got butterflies! Her socks are definately going to be knocked of, it’s a stunner!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thank you all for ALL of the support.

I have it in my hand! Collective sigh of relief.

And...it’s...PERFECT. I maybe got a bit teary eyed when I saw it.

First impression was wow that’s big!

Second impression was OOO SPARKLES.

Third impression: I can’t see literally any color or tint in this diamond.-relief with H color.

Fourth impression was:

I’m glad I didn’t pay more for VS or VVS because I can’t see a darn thing with my naked and it looks clean as could be.

Last impression:

Setting is exactly what I had imagined.

This is months in the making, and I am thoroughly excited and pleased with this diamond and ring. Now if I had to say the stress and ups and downs and delays along the way were worth it, I’m not sure. I have a beautiful ring and diamond in time so it downstairs matter right now! All I know is that is finally in the past now and I have 94 hours to spare until we leave on vacation and it’s in my hand. And that Whiteflash was very fair with their offer(s) to make up for mishaps and admitted their mistakes and took swift action.

I cannot wait to give it to her.

I have three concerns now…

First one is she will think it is too big ha ha-doubt it. But she is short and petite. I’m crazy for even thinking this...she will love it!

Second one is I hope she says yes.

Third one is I’m going to talk to her parents this weekend and pull a classic ask for permission and hopefully they grant it!

And lastly...it’s damn hard to take a picture of a diamond with an iPhone!

Thank you all again so much!!! Ecstatic :)

@Eerig ... Most of all ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I hope you are resting soooo much easier ... I know this was so stressful for you with the delays and then bad luck with the diamond ... I just knew all along how beautiful that the ACAs are, and I had confidence that all would be well in the end. I still apologize for not quite understanding the extent of your plight at one point ... but I got it and wish that the process was smooth and hassle-free for you in such an important purchase. In the end, you have a GORGEOUS diamond and the setting is absolutely lovely! I’m so glad you are happy! YAY! It’s these endings that make PS a happy and fun place!

There are no pictures that really do the diamonds justice .. . I have a bit more luck with the iPhone by taking a video and then screen shots from that :loopy:

Would love to hear about the engagement and hand shots of the ring on your fiancee’s finger! I hope you continue to post your happy here!

upload_2019-4-28_1-43-27.gif upload_2019-4-28_1-44-48.gif upload_2019-4-28_1-44-51.gif upload_2019-4-28_1-44-54.gif

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

WF will not give you an appraisal, but JM should give you a quote at the cost based on the receipt + 30%. They may try to insure at cost, and you may like that (lower premiums, and I understand that being insured at a higher cost doesn’t really offer more protection; I am still so risk-adverse that I insisted on the additional 30% in insured value and am paying the higher premiums). If not, contact WF and they will help you with JM. (I had a bit of an issue with JM because of a complicated receipt and WF helped me to get it straightened out). I would not recommend going through homeowner’s as it generally only covers a few certain types of losses ... a separate policy through someone like JM will cover a lot more. I’m not sure it’s worth getting an independent appraisal for any reason other than your mind if you go with JM because they partner with WF. If you go outside JM, then you may need the appraisal, depending on your insurance and company.

It is expensive ... so you will have to consider the math of the insurance cost with the cost of the ring, your comfort level, etc. Lot’s of people think the insurance is not worth it.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC it might have been @Wink who mentioned previously about the benefits of providing the grading report to the insurance company - in the case of the Superideals it clearly states their brand of diamond, which should help secure another one rather than a generic, terrible-cut dud of the same weight if you need to claim!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC it might have been @Wink who mentioned previously about the benefits of providing the grading report to the insurance company - in the case of the Superideals it clearly states their brand of diamond, which should help secure another one rather than a generic, terrible-cut dud of the same weight if you need to claim!
I’ve heard this mentioned too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results