shape
carat
color
clarity

Concave cut Mozambique garnet in halo pendant

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! Some of you may or may not remember that I purchased a Mozambique purple garnet from Precision Gem to set into a pendant as a graduation gift to my sister. It was set last month and I thought I would share it with everyone. It is 4.82 ct and about 8x11mm. It's set in 18k rose gold.

I'm attaching pictures of the garnet loose and of the pendant. I tried waiting until the sun came out to take pictures -- no such luck. I'm adding the vendor picture because I think it is more accurate for color than my phone or point and shoot camera could get. Also, please forgive the dog hair... when you have 3, dog hair is ubiquitous. I hardly notice it anymore unless I'm leaving the house and need to lint roll my entire body :lol: Thanks for looking! :)

garnet_loose1.jpg

garnet_loose2.jpg

pg_garnet.jpg

garnet_pendant1.jpg

arabella

Shiny_Rock
More pics:

garnet_pendant2.jpg

garnet_pendant3.jpg

garnet_pendant4.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pendant, thanks for sharing, and I particularly like the East-West placement.

DK :))

arabella

Shiny_Rock
dk168 said:
Lovely pendant, thanks for sharing, and I particularly like the East-West placement.

DK :))

Thanks DK [emoji4] I'm a big fan of an east-west setting for a elongated stones.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pendant!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Arabella you outdid yourself. I love everything about it. It is a very special piece and most certainly one of a kind. A very nice choice of gift to mark your sister's important milestone

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my!
Lovely everything: cut, size, colour, setting...
Congrats!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! Was the halo custom made? I love the E-W orientation :love: What a fabulous gift :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super pretty! I think a neck shot is in order... :naughty:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely divine :love: !

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow that is gorgeous!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I love the outcome :love:
The pendant looks fabulous. What a very sweet gift.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have created a stunning present for your sister, that's so kind of you and it's gorgeous. I'm sure she will love it, how could anyone not!
I'd also love to see a photo of it being worn.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it! Love the concave cut and what a lovely color and setting. Please post neck shots. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have never thought to set this east to west but it is freaking gorgeous. I love the setting you put it in.
I'll second those neck shots. :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! Like others have said, I really love the E/W placement - and I love the setting, from the side view pic it looks sturdy too, I really like that about it as well. It's quite a beautiful gift :)

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone: dk, Niel, minousbijoux, Sungura, Gloria27, woofmama, NKOTB, PattyCo, junebug17, Acinom, Hounddog, missy, elle_71125, and katharath!!

woofmama: Yes, this was custom made by a very talented jeweler local to us. His shop does amazing work but he doesn't have an online presence. He loves colored stones just as much as diamonds and the last time I was there, he had just finished a huge Paraiba ring that was just amazing!! I didn't think to take pictures though. Maybe it will still be there when I visit next week!

I'll see if I can get her to let me take a picture of her modeling it when I see her next. If not I'll try and see if I can get a necklace selfie :lol:

Thanks again for the kind words all!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. :love: :love: I love it and I am normally not a fal of halos.Wonderful piece.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this pendant! :love: So nicely done! Your sister must just love it!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow!! Love it!! The color is simply amazing and what a great idea to set it east/west. :appl: :wavey:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant turned out so amazing!!! I love it! This is such a great gift for your sister. :)

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
wow! that looks great!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I wish you could have heard my gasp when I saw the stone set in the pendant. Wow! Beautiful!

Yes, definitely, we need a neck shot. :)

You are very sweet to get that for your sister as a graduation present. What did she graduate from? College? High school? And, if college, what was her degree?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results