shape
carat
color
clarity

Concave cut green amethyst (nice inexpensive find)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I know some of you are not much into green amethyst but I love the color.

I just got this concave cut, green amethyst pendant from Overstock.com:

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/10k-Gold-Green-Amethyst-and-Diamond-Necklace/3211386/product.html?sec_iid=33971

The color is great, the cut is quite nice, setting is unique and it's cheap. It's fairly large, 4 1/2 carats.

And, thanks, Chrono, for helping me figure out how to do a link that works.
2.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
That really is pretty. Maybe you could post a real photo so we can see the color. It looks sort of like a black and white photo on my screen.

Chrono:
If you are still in a teaching mode,could you explain how to post a vendor photo from the vendor website? I searched everyway I can think of to figure it out, and I looked through the FAQ section. Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just upload your pics for you,hope you dont mind
1.gif
- its gorgeous- I love the color and of course the cut! more pics
36.gif

overstockgreename1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to see some of your own pictures. Nice design and cutting on that stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arrgghh I meant to say your 'VENDOR' pics sorry not your actual pictures, so I definitely am interested in seeing IRL
36.gif

ETA: Pink Tower, I'm not Chrono, but maybe I can help: on a PC if you right click 'copy' on the vendor pic then open up "paint" paste it there and save it as a .jpg. But some vendors have a lock on their pictures, if this is the case, then do a "shift" "print screen - button should be upper right function key" open up paint and paste it there. then you will have to cut out just the picture and open up a new paint. (at least this is how I do it) but if you are wondering on a MAC then just disregard what I've said here
1.gif
since I haven't tried on DH's computer yet.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
"Greened amethyst" or prasolite
23.gif

Beautiful stone..very cool..the cut looks spectacular

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all.

Thanks D&T. I needed to learn how to copy a vendor''s picture, also, so thanks for that.

I do apologize, I don''t have a camera that has a macro feature. Yes, I know I need to get one. Please don''t hate me for this.

The vendor''s picture is a pretty accurate representation. If anything, the four diamonds on the side are truly micro-tiny, irl, the setting has a wire like/delicate effect, in the parts that cross the stone, the stone has good shimmer/spark. I think it was a great value and that any of you would also be happy with it. The color is the typical light sage-y green you usually see it in. There are customer reviews on the Overstock page for it, also.

Now, Am Guy - educate me - you are saying "greened" as it was not naturally green. "Greened" is the correct terminology? And, how do you pronounce prasolite? Is it "praz-oh-light", "pray-so-light", . . . ?

Thanks.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Here you go read this...I am just trying to add some pertinant info...green amethyst is a double negative..sort of like saying I have a yellow purple tourmaline..your stone has been irridated or heat treated to get the green color..it''s not natural ..it''s pronounced "praz-oh-light"..just wanted to throw that in..any info is good info
http://www.gaaj-zenhokyo.co.jp/researchroom/kanbetu/2006/2006_05-01en.html

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 8:48:49 AM
Author: Pink Tower
That really is pretty. Maybe you could post a real photo so we can see the color. It looks sort of like a black and white photo on my screen.

Chrono:
If you are still in a teaching mode,could you explain how to post a vendor photo from the vendor website? I searched everyway I can think of to figure it out, and I looked through the FAQ section. Thanks!
Putting on my teacher''s cap:
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html

If it still doesn''t work, give me a shout and I''ll see what went wrong.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design is different from the usual trilliant and adds interest to the pendant.

I'm with Am Guy; amethyst is for purple, prasolite is green. Perhaps the name Green Amethyst is used more frequently because most consumers know what an amethyst is versus a prasolite. Of course it is incorrect but that never seems to deter any unscrupulous vendors.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty Sonoma!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool setting and the stone itself looks cool! Enjoy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results