shape
carat
color
clarity

Compromises, compromises! (Differences negligible?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Generacy

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for a diamond and am torn between two schools of thought:

One dictates that I do not relent on quality, and go for an H&A or AGS000 branded, D-F, F-VS2 0.5c rock.

The other allows some lenience on quality, laxing the stringent requirements to 1B AGA cut, D-I or J, F-SI2, allowing me to buy a diamond of 1c for the same price.

Both would be set in a platinum Tiffany''s knife-edge style six-prong ring.

My question is, would you notice a difference? Obviously the most noticeable difference would be the carat weight; I''m wondering whether the differences in the other 3 c''s are negligible in comparison. Thanks in advance for the help.

- Generacy

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
The choice you make depends on one thing
The gal for whom you're buying the ring.

If she'd rather have the bigger stone
You won't notice the difference...when it stands alone.

But if it's quality that she loves best
The hearts and arrows soar above the rest!
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gene!

Why not compromise all around??!! Go with a larger (bigger than .5 carat) H&A that is lower in color and clarity.

I just got a .766 carat, H SI1 (100% eyeclean from the top, 2 barely noticible inclusions and a feather that could be "hidden" by a prong in a ring when seen from the side) A Cut Above H&A from White Flash. And trust me, no one is gonna see around the brilliance to even try and look for inclusions! The H color of the ACA from White Flash looked great beside white gold with small F color diamonds.

Go with CUT as the top priority. Drop down on color, and maybe even give a truly eye clean SI1 a chance. You'll get bigger size and the cut quality will cover the rest!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results