shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparison Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixelelement

Rough_Rock
Ok I am not a Diamond freak life a lot of people here seem to be
25.gif
but I would love some advice from anyone. I found this website linked off this one and I liked it a lot ( do they have a good reputation? ) The only thing that I did not like was the 10 Day return most have 30 day.
Anyways, I have about 5k to spend on a 1ct ring and was looking at these 2

One: (G/SI1)

Report: GIA
. Shape: Round
. Carat: 1.00
. Depth %: 62.7
. Table %: 56
. Girdle: M-STK
. Measurements: 6.36-6.39X4.00
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: Very Small
. Fluorescence: None

Two: (H/VS2)

. Report: GIA
. Shape: Round
. Carat: 1.00
. Depth %: 62
. Table %: 54
. Girdle: TN-M
. Measurements: 6.47-6.50X4.02
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

both are basically the same in price 4.7k and 4.9k, My question is I guess is what’s better color or clarity? one is G color and one is H and the one with the worse color has better clarity VS2 and IS1. I am just having a hard time making a final decision, so I thought I would ask you all and see what kind of resources I get.

and would it be worth it to spend 500-800 more and get a G color with the VS2? once the diamond is set in the ring can you really tell the difference between the H/VS2 and the G/SI1?

also what is the Culet? I see one has a "very small" one but I am not sure what this is exactly.

Thanks in advance -

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 1:32:33 AM
Author:pixelelement

25.gif

Um, hello?! You ARE on a diamond forum afterall... would you expect otherwise?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Besides, it''s "freaks" like us that help newbies like you get killer diamonds!
12.gif

ETA: Oops, almost forgot to comment on your question. You really can''t go wrong with a diamond from WF. Call them up and ask them to pull a stone for you, you can count on their honest opinion. And the 10 day return period really is adequate... granted, 30 days is nicer, but honestly, 10 days is enough. It''s not like you have to worry about mechanical parts breaking down or something... it is a diamond, afterall... what you see is what you get!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
WF has an excellent reputation here.

They''re known for their "in-house" options, for which they design their own goods, but also make available virtual options, like most vendors, and your two are probably from that set.

If you go for a virtual one...take advantage of their expertise. If they can ask their virtual contact about the SI 1, and are a) told it''s eye clean, and then b) if they bring it in to look at it, and confirm, you''re good. In the meantime, you can ask them to compare that option brought in to one they have in house...like this one ($5093 wire priced)...and you could decide to go with the one they advise you is better. They get your business either way, so are predisposed to help.

the Culet is at the bottom of the diamond. You can search to read more things about it. I''ve never seen where it matters very much.

Regards,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:39:32 AM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 10/27/2007 1:32:33 AM
Author:pixelelement

25.gif

Um, hello?! You ARE on a diamond forum afterall... would you expect otherwise?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Besides, it''s ''freaks'' like us that help newbies like you get killer diamonds!
12.gif
lol.gif

True.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results