shape
carat
color
clarity

comparing two eternity bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I need some advice on two eternity bands.

Ring # 1
2.1 tcw, 21 stones, .10 each
G-H VS clarity
3.1 mm
Ring # 2
2.03 tcw, 22 stones, .09 each
F-G VVS-VS clarity
3 mm

My e-ring is 2.4 carat RB solitaire, color F clarity SI

Should I go with the F-G color since it''s closer to my e-ring? However, I''m thinking G-H in that size stones is not going to matter?

I don''t think I care that much about the clarity difference since both choices are better than my e-ring?

Also, ring # 2 says VVS-VS. I wonder how different the stones really are compared to the other ring.

I guess my main concern is the color difference. Do you really think there will be a difference compared to my e-rin with the G-H stones?

Thanks for any opinions...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if they are the same price, perhaps you should go with the higher color if nothing but for peace of mind.

best of luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d have to see the settings and know the price difference. I doubt the stone color will matter in stones that small. The settings need to be low to go next to a Tiffany style e-ring.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts...

There is about $600 difference.

I don''t plan to wear this next to my ring every day. I want to wear it as a plain band (with no e-ring) or as a wedding band for going out, but in that case I don''t necessarily care if it''s flush with my e-ring.

Do you think there that much difference in the setting between those two width sizes?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not be able to tell the difference. Mine has stones between 10 and 11 points and is also about 3mm. So I am sure they appear to be almost the same. And since you aren''t even wearing the band most of the time with the e-ring, I''d go with #1 since the stones are 10 points.

I wasn''t referring to the rings sitting flush, by the way. If the eternity ring stones are not set low, they can possibly rub against the prongs on the e-ring and damage them. That''s why you have to be careful when you plan to buy one to wear with an e-ring.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DS...

I''m looking at signed pieces. Are you familiar with their shared prong bands. Do you think this is an issue I need to worry about for a band that will not be worn with my e-rin on an every day basis?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the bigger stones in #1 - IME you can go a couple if not a *few* grades lower in color for melee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results