shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing two ACAs

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
If one compares two ACAs, and their crown angles are .1 different, and .1 different in pavillion, table is exactly the same, will they be in effect the same performing/looking stone? Both are J VS2-the first stone is with me still. But WF has kindly acquired one a wee bit bigger for me to consider. The 2.228 is 8.41mm x 8.39 x 5.19 and the larger 2.53 is 8.77x8.79x5.39. I am trying to research and frankly, the information you experts/analyzers provide OVERwhelms my thought processes....:wall:

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
well they could look different based on the types of inclusions

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
The larger stone is actually cleaner, with only two inclusions. Thank you. I am driving myself batty....

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
If one compares two ACAs, and their crown angles are .1 different, and .1 different in pavillion, table is exactly the same, will they be in effect the same performing/looking stone? Both are J VS2-the first stone is with me still. But WF has kindly acquired one a wee bit bigger for me to consider. The 2.228 is 8.41mm x 8.39 x 5.19 and the larger 2.53 is 8.77x8.79x5.39. I am trying to research and frankly, the information you experts/analyzers provide OVERwhelms my thought processes....:wall:

If you’re overwhelmed by the overanalysis, you are the perfect candidate for an ACA ... every stone has it’s own personality but it’s extremely unlikely there would be any visible difference in performance .. and you’ve been advised about the inclusions already .... all the ACAs are top performers :twirl: You can’t go wrong ... just pick (the bigger) one and you’re good! :wavey:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you kmoro. Lol. I feel like a novice mathematician/scientist trying to discriminate all of the info. As this is a "one and done " no upgrade ever ring, I want to be sure it's what I want....

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pinklemondadegurl, ask WF to assess & compare their body tones including providing you with pavilion up pictures & a comparison video. While I agree a lot of ACA's perform quite similar to each other and the extremely tiny difference in angles should not change that. Just confirm body tone & which one faces up whiter. If all is equal, if the cost is within budget, I would go for the bigger one. :cool2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious - did WF get another stone in for you or was this one just added to their inventory?

Is it possible for you to post the specs on each diamond? If I remember correctly, the 2.228 had great numbers on it!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
They had a stone coming in.( but Brittany knew I wanted something similar, just larger) And now it's on reserve as I'm sending the 2.228 back to compare. Brittany ( and Vera) have been a delight to work with-more and more anxious to choose. Because the 2.228 J is SO white, I'm not the least but afraid to consider another. The numbers are uncannily close. I'm beyond excited! 20190228_190738.jpg 20190228_190549.jpg

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
@ccuheartnurse Yes! She is going to do that for me when this stone goes back. I appreciate your input!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for the 2.53ct!. since you will gain .38mm in diameter. :dance: both stone are very similar in proportions.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you'll have to see the videos but the 2.53 is tempting! Fingers crossed for you!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @MissGotRocks. There was a sudden death in my daughter's extended family so a 3 year old g-daughter is keeping me preoccupied this weekend. But, ugh, can't wait to see comparison side by sides of the stones....

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the 2.53ct. Get them to double check for eye clean to your standards.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I've chosen the 2.53 on the right. The 2.228 was incredibly white in person. Brittany at WF assured me the 2.53 performed and looked same. Setting will be a custom WF in 18kwg. I've also ordered him an 8mm Benchmark 14kwg brushed and shiny edged band with a hearts and arrows .08 stone to surprise him. I'm very excited!!!! I couldn't recommend WF enough. They rock!!!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I see a wee but more tint in the body of the 2.53 but I'm not going to lose my mind over it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see these new rings! Congrats!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you made a decision! So excited to see the 2.53 on your finger! Can you let us know which setting you decided on? You mentioned a 18kt white gold custom, is WF providing you with CADs or is it one of their settings they have available online?

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
@MissGotRocks Thank you so much!

@Crazie4Cuts Thank you too! 20190218_203516.jpg A Victor Canera lookalike....was torn-to side stone or not to side stone but opted for plain plus diamond detail on the basket. Just sooo excited:twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results