shape
carat
color
clarity

comparing places

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pogie

Rough_Rock
i''m planning to buy a custom made engagement ring sometime soon, the planned proposal is on december, where is cheaper? in the U.S. or Singapore? in terms of diamonds and custom made platinum bands....

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
The answer too your question is obviouse. What you need to be asking is how do you value your time?
Is the extra money to get a well made piece in the states though A designer worth the hassel and logistics? and for warrentee work do you want someone you can go too localy or do you mind having to shell out $40 to $60 per shipment if someting is not right each time? Also, is the turn around time going to be in time? can you speak the language? can you truly search out the best deal in another country from the US?
That is a question that depends on you, if you make $6 an hour yes it would be worth it to source out and save yourself the extra couple hundred dollars in labor that would be charged in the states, otherwise your dealing with what is basicly a comoditiy with prices that wont vary much.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread pogie, but i wanted to tell David it's good to see him posting here again! I really enjoyed David's contributions to PS a few months back & was hoping he'd return
9.gif

pogie

Rough_Rock
hi david! thanks for the reply, well the main reason i asked is because i got two options, i could ask my parents to go around the U.S. since they will be there for a month, or i could ask my friend to do the same thing for me for he will be going to Singapore sometime soon
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results