shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another really OLD picture of two really young people! (This is just a phone pic of a picture)

Oddly, my youngest says she wants to use my dress which I am trying to tell her is not a good idea. Although I have no idea what condition it is in anyway.

2018-05-22 16.57.00 2.jpg

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to decrease the picture size, but it turned out the same! Oh well!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i <3 everyone's photos! here's my dress...first photo is from where i bought it, 2nd on me, 3rd the obligatory window shot...it was under $250 including tailoring and since it's not super obviously a wedding dress i've worn it since :mrgreen2::lol-2:

upload_2018-5-22_16-41-36.png

upload_2018-5-22_16-44-50.png

upload_2018-5-22_16-45-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-22_16-44-32.png
    upload_2018-5-22_16-44-32.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 27

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva Love the color of your dress! Where did you get married? Maybe Greece???

September_Blue

Rough_Rock
Premium
@bludiva your gown looking like it was made for you. Absolutely beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another really OLD picture of two really young people! (This is just a phone pic of a picture)

Oddly, my youngest says she wants to use my dress which I am trying to tell her is not a good idea. Although I have no idea what condition it is in anyway.

Oh DS, your dress is lovely and you look beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DS, your dress is lovely and you look beautiful!

Thanks so much, junebug! I haven't even looked at them in ages!!! Weddings were much more simple back then compared to today. You need to post yours, too!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww, you two look so adorable together!:))

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is so fun!!! I got married in 1992 in San Francisco, CA at St. Mark's Lutheran Church. My dress looks like I was channeling Lady Di (and I might have been a little!) but it was really inspired by a dress worn by Lysette Anthony in the movie "The Lady and the Highwayman" which was set in the 1600s. I made my dress, my mom's wedding suit and the guys' ascot ties and my husband's vest. My maid of honor made her dress and her 2 daughters' dresses. They were my flower girls. I took my husband's face out of the photo because I know he wouldn't want it shown. Here's the back of the dress bustled and ready to squeeze into the Excalibur seen in the lower left hand corner:
WeddingDressBackcrop.jpg
Here is the inspiration dress:
LysetteAnthonyBlueDress.jpg
Playing dress up is so much fun!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another really OLD picture of two really young people!

They have color photos back then?
scratchhead.gif
. Seriously, you and your DH are a nice looking couple.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we did Deb. It was a very long ceremony. My biggest concern was the crown ruining my vail! I took in every detail as well as I could and remember much of it to this day. And one great thing, our entire ceremony and reception was professionally video taped. My daughter enjoys watching on occasion!

It is wonderful that you have that videotape! Of course your daughter would want to watch it. I would have loved to have even a photo of my my mother as a bride. (She never was one. It was one reason I so much wanted a "real" wedding, I think.) My mother's younger sister, who is still alive at age 93, was married in an Eastern rite church*in Connecticut. Her wedding was the first candlelight wedding ever allowed in the church, and there is a very brief movie of it. The wedding took place in, I believe, 1948, before I was born, however. So not only is it brief, but the quality is poor. Nonetheless, I love seeing the wreaths being placed on my aunt's and uncle's heads. They were wreaths of real, white flowers.

My grandfather had said that his daughter-my Aunt Dot-had to get married in his church or he would not give her away. He said he would attend her wedding, but refuse to give her away if she got married in her husband's church. So my poor Uncle Bob, who was a WASP and a Methodist, ended up kneeling and being crowned with a wreath among the incense in the orthodox rite. (Dot had longed to flee to a Protestant Church, which she did as as soon as she and Bob had children.) I had not been born, but the scene described to me sounds like a slightly more refined "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". It was right after World War II, however, and Bob had been a medic attached to the marines. He had served both in the Atlantic theatre in a ship off the coast during the D-Day invasion and then in the South Pacific. So he was strong enough to deal with incense and kneeling to be crowned with a floral wreath!

I love weddings and wedding stories....

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

*This is the church...http://stjohnsmillhill.com/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are truly lovely, diamondseeker! Why wouldn't you want your daughter to wear your gown? It reminds me of my cousin's gown, as does your headpiece. Do you have any other photos of the headpiece?

I am trying to describe what I feel. I think that you remind me of my cousin, Dana, puts me onto what it is. She is perfectly beautiful in an Ivory Soap kind of way. She needs no adornment, no makeup. When she was a bride, she put on a simple (but lovely and modest) dress with just a little lace trim and a round headpiece with a veil and she looked as if she had floated down from heaven. You give me that feeling as a bride. :))

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva-

It is an exquisite dress and you are exquisite in it!

I really cannot get over how beautiful all the brides on Pricescope are. One after the other, you are knocking me off my feet!!!

You would make any dress look good, but that dress is incredibly elegant. And Greece is nice!!!

Deb :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is so fun!!! I got married in 1992 in San Francisco, CA at St. Mark's Lutheran Church. My dress looks like I was channeling Lady Di (and I might have been a little!) but it was really inspired by a dress worn by Lysette Anthony in the movie "The Lady and the Highwayman" which was set in the 1600s. I made my dress, my mom's wedding suit and the guys' ascot ties and my husband's vest.

WeddingDressBackcrop.jpg
Here is the inspiration dress:

Starfacet, not only is your gown beautiful, but you made it yourself! You are so talented! It is incredible to me that you made so many garments for the wedding (I, who cannot sew at all). Thank you so much for sharing the photo and its history. It is stories like this that make up the fabric of Pricescope. We all have our own tales, our own chronicles, but unless we talk about something special in a thread, we often do not share them. I love your story.

Hugs,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the compliment, Ellen. I do not even know the woman that was in that photo, however. I hope that you realize that! She existed only in the distant past! ;)) I am far older that you. We know this because you got married at around the time of Lady Diana and Prince Charles. I had been married for ages by the time they got hitched!

I have to say that I think your gown is simply splendid. I cannot say anything about your appearance except that you have a nice figure (since you blocked out your face). However, you look wonderful in your gown. I wish I had had one as lovely as yours, but I was rushing to prepare for a wedding and just wanted to get things done. It would have been fun to plan for real wedding if I had had the sense to do that!

Thanks for sharing your lovely dress!

Hugs,
I blocked my face out because I just don't want it "out there". My dad is gone, so it didn't matter. Thank you for the compliment on my dress. That was the only thing I really cared about. I never ever dreamed about getting married when I was growing up. So when it came time to do that, I left almost all the details to my mom and sister. I just didn't care, except for the dress and my simple bouquet.

And I would beg to differ on your dress Deb, it was splendid! ;)) Thanks again for starting such a fun thread. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread. I married a toad my first go at it but this time I married a prince. Second marriage no veil, a silvery grey dress and some bling in my hair. 6/18/11.

IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1201.JPG
MayK, this photo of you two looks like an ad for something. Like maybe you're getting ready to enter some luxury car.... :love:
SO glad you found your prince. May you two live happily ever after. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
i <3 everyone's photos! here's my dress...first photo is from where i bought it, 2nd on me, 3rd the obligatory window shot...it was under $250 including tailoring and since it's not super obviously a wedding dress i've worn it since :mrgreen2::lol-2:

upload_2018-5-22_16-41-36.png

upload_2018-5-22_16-44-50.png

upload_2018-5-22_16-45-31.png
bludiva, I think it's fantastic that you not only didn't have to pay a fortune for your very beautiful dress, but that you actually get to continue wearing it. Perfect. :appl: That middle photo is just stunning. *sigh*

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this talk of dresses, I dug mine out and put it on.

40 years ago, I thought it was lovely, now I think “what was I thinking?” :lol:

B39AAC75-0A88-4A33-8A76-80CCE559103C.jpeg

1DBD1B2F-9B3D-4981-A895-E7FFEC12B6C7.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are truly lovely, diamondseeker! Why wouldn't you want your daughter to wear your gown? It reminds me of my cousin's gown, as does your headpiece. Do you have any other photos of the headpiece?

I am trying to describe what I feel. I think that you remind me of my cousin, Dana, puts me onto what it is. She is perfectly beautiful in an Ivory Soap kind of way. She needs no adornment, no makeup. When she was a bride, she put on a simple (but lovely and modest) dress with just a little lace trim and a round headpiece with a veil and she looked as if she had floated down from heaven. You give me that feeling as a bride. :))

Thank you for your very sweet words, Deb! I thought your pictures were just gorgeous. This is such a sweet thread! I absolutely love every single photo!

I don't think I have any back or side views of the headpiece. It was relatively simple, kind of like a curved band. My daughter should be getting engaged by the end of the year, so I am going to pull out the dress just for fun at that point!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bludiva-

It is an exquisite dress and you are exquisite in it!

I really cannot get over how beautiful all the brides on Pricescope are. One after the other, you are knocking me off my feet!!!

You would make any dress look good, but that dress is incredibly elegant. And Greece is nice!!!

Deb :))

Deb thanks so much you are so kind! Agree so many stunning dresses and brides in this thread :kiss2:

bludiva, I think it's fantastic that you not only didn't have to pay a fortune for your very beautiful dress, but that you actually get to continue wearing it. Perfect. :appl: That middle photo is just stunning. *sigh*

Hubs and are practical at heart...he got a new suit which he's worn since too :lol-2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this thread. All the beautiful dresses , so different and so special. I was married in 1989 which would be quite clear with between style, the hair and the headdress. But we were paying for the wedding ourselves so we kept things simple, affordable where we could. I assumed I was buying my own dress and shows accordingly but I loved it. Then my dear aunt and uncle told me that was going to be their gift to me and accused me of lying about the price. I think the dress was about $240. They gave me a check that covered all of that plus my shoes and my undergarments and the veil and the headpiece 20180523_091917.jpg 20180523_091920.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread too! Diamondseeker is right, weddings were much simpler when we got married. Very little fuss. DH and I paid for much of our wedding ourselves. My aunt and uncle paid for all of our flowers and we had quite a bit of them. My husband literally didn't have a job on our wedding day. He was delivering small freight with his little pick up truck and the boss stopped paying him. We went on our honeymoon with wedding gift money. We were both 20 years old and couldn't even (legally) have champagne at our wedding.
All of the PS brides are so beautiful and I am so touched by the stories. I am so happy that many who weren't happy in there first marriage got a lovely redo and found their prince. I am a sucker for a happy ending.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread too! Diamondseeker is right, weddings were much simpler when we got married. Very little fuss. DH and I paid for much of our wedding ourselves. My aunt and uncle paid for all of our flowers and we had quite a bit of them. My husband literally didn't have a job on our wedding day. He was delivering small freight with his little pick up truck and the boss stopped paying him. We went on our honeymoon with wedding gift money. We were both 20 years old and couldn't even (legally) have champagne at our wedding.
All of the PS brides are so beautiful and I am so touched by the stories. I am so happy that many who weren't happy in there first marriage got a lovely redo and found their prince. I am a sucker for a happy ending.

We were 21! But no champagne because the reception was at the church! I think we were just as happy without spending $25K+ for the wedding!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were married in 2001 in a tiny church with the reception following at a historic hotel in Arkansas. We chose to not have the small town Texas wedding in my hometown after seeing my mom and my sister plan my sister's wedding, lol. I was very happy with the 100 guests that came for the weekend and it was perfect. My sister had 500 and my mom was so stressed that she got shingles! And the cost was outrageous! I think simple can be charming and beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results