shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope to post my wedding photos after August!
I LOVE looking at other people's photos though.
Sadly, I've got a huge family with cultural expectations when it comes to weddings. I'll admit this wedding is more for my family than for me. The allure of spending your hard earned cash to 'wow' people is not me.
But, c'est la vie.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Mayk-

Yes, I saw that I did not comment on the photo above. The gown was lovely in the photo of it alone, but the photo of it on you as you and your husband left the reception (at least that looked as if that was what you were doing!), was exquisite. That photo could be in "Vanity Fair" or some other high end fashion magazine! "Stunning" about sums it up!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Thank you! <3 It was our photographer. She's a true talent that started out as a food photographer for her own entries in cooking contests. She truly has evolved as an artist.

Bless her heart her beloved Corgi died the day before so some pictures were done for trash the dress on the beach a few weeks after the wedding. But she's still mustered through. The solo picture she turned into a painting for her studio.

IMG_1204.JPG View attachment 629554 View attachment 629555 IMG_1205.JPG IMG_0981.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a summer wedding in the late 90s at a historical venue. My priorities were the flowers, cake and my tiara so my dress was very inexpensive. My mother did most of the planning which was a huge blessing.
BCC73ECE-8141-422C-8362-30C189AB64E7.jpeg BCFCD663-2346-4930-AF42-3CA15B3EF0BE.jpeg

Love the tiara! I wish I had worn one

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, @Bluegemz, you are so cute!!!
Lol, thank you! I had a great time. It was nice that everything was so simple. The dress was lovely, but fabric was cheap. It was nice to not have to worry about damaging the dress. Friends did the decorations...and pictures . We had a dinner afterwards, then a house party where I ‘let my hair down’ .

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You and your husband make a beautiful couple, Rubybrick. You are incredibly svelte and elegant. Thank you for sharing those photos.

Deb :))
Thank you so much for this amazing fun tread and the sweet compliments. I just realized that it was one of the few pictures of our dog Ruby in it at the wedding. She was incredibly sweet and sorely missed.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were married 11/27/2016. Married at my Mother’s Memory Care Center (she has Alzheimer’s Disease). Staff allowed us to use a dining room they rarely use for our ceremony. We went to a small restaurant a few miles away for our dinner reception, where, after our champagne toast & first dance, I changed into my dinner cocktail/speakeasy dress. Our theme was 1920’s/1930’s Art-Deco/Gatsby Era.
My gown was found at a Bridal Outlet Store; it was originally $5,000, and I got it for $1,000! My veil was custom made to match the Chantiley Eyelash Lace on my gown by a woman in Hong Kong, I met on Etsy. I made the flower embellishment you see on the side of the veil. My neighbor stitched everything together & attached a blinged out headband inside my veil to make it easy to place & remove, to avoid destroying my hair.
My shoes were also custom made by a lovely woman in Scotland; I met her on Etsy, as well. I created all of the bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages, using silk flowers. I made all of the decorations, and my jewelry. I made my daughter’s jewelry, as well (she was a gorgeous flower girl).
We pulled this wedding together in 8 weeks due to my mother’s failing health. It was important to both of us to have her there, and for her to be involved in our ceremony before she was no longer able to do so. My sister-in-law did my hair & my make up. I did my nails.
My train was chapel length, and my veil was cathedral length. This was deliberate. ;)2
The fur stoll was a necessity due to the time of year. I fastened it in the front with a broach I found in an antique store.
I felt like Hollywood Royalty!! It was small & intimate, but it was beautiful, and sentimental. I wish I could marry him all over again...the same way!!! :kiss2:

A8F0D32D-3CF7-46AB-8D68-D9CF369A97CA.png CBCA72AA-F316-432A-8ED5-6E0FD69AE941.png B3340C96-F899-4D60-A1D4-B8A19382E4DC.png 1CD45DC7-0D8A-441C-AF52-FE4A2384402B.png 1A77A7DF-C688-48C9-A6B3-20605E2AD33D.png 0E37B743-20CD-43D4-AD3B-925714DAD481.jpeg 41DB5D31-0DF6-4E2F-8590-498EE2E25CAE.jpeg D9B9340F-A693-432B-92C4-BD25B26717D6.jpeg
This is a FABULOUS thread!!
Everyone looks absolutely stunning!! It’s wonderful to see all of the various styles, and how well they fit each bride!! Everyone has such different tastes & personalities! I think all of you are beautiful!! :bigsmile:

Attachments

• B8D3B4AA-E584-4C4D-8EBD-13B60B1EC635.jpeg
    B8D3B4AA-E584-4C4D-8EBD-13B60B1EC635.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 :love::shock::lickout::appl:

That is DA BOMB!!!!!! I can't believe you pulled that off in 8 weeks to boot!!! Seriously swoonworthy stuff!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 :love::shock::lickout::appl:

That is DA BOMB!!!!!! I can't believe you pulled that off in 8 weeks to boot!!! Seriously swoonworthy stuff!!!

Thank you, @PintoBean!! Many sleepless nights, and days without much interaction with my family were the price I paid to get everything done in such a short time frame! God Bless my SIL; a huge percentage of things would never have been possible without her! She was my Matron of Honor, and she earned every bit of that title! lol! She even helped me make the programs & invitations for the wedding/reception. EVERYTHING was hand made, and we were so proud of how well everything turned out! We used a boom box with Bluetooth capability for the procession, recession, and at the dinner party...lol! I created a playlist for the wedding, synched the boom box with my iPhone, and BANG! DJ! :lol-2:
I left the guys’ wardrobes up to my DH...I sent him photos & set him loose...lol! I think he did a smashing job!
We had so much fun, and it felt like a dream! Truly, one of the most amazing days of my life! The best part is I can enjoy everything right in my own home; everything was intended to be a keepsake, and the decorations are all over my house...lol!
A very good friend of mine was our photographer. She did an awesome job, and she didn’t charge me for any of them; they were her gift to us! Who could ask for anything more?!?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoonworthy indeed!!!!

Thank you so much!! It was so much fun, and keeping busy kept me from becoming a “bridezilla”! I was actually shocked at how calm I was through the entire process! Even after the alterations were made to my gown, and it didn’t fit, I took a deep breath, my SIL called my DH’s Aunt who did the alterations (on 5 gowns) for FREE, and we made arrangements for her to fix it. No biggie! It fit perfectly for the big day, and she was an angel!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to share the photo of my bouquet.
This creation took 2 people to construct, and 6 hours to complete...not including the ribbon, lace, brooches, and other adornments that have sentimental meaning.
42B39B3D-FAC7-4BFA-87A4-12F2CE9F6AEF.jpeg 9EF26376-62E1-4B81-A832-81DC3A5307F5.jpeg 1AD289F6-A296-4485-94DC-F4095CB2DFD1.jpeg 13B637FC-CF36-4DBB-9882-E1A3B9A12733.jpeg CA08F4F1-3877-4227-BEC7-FD76186EBEBB.jpeg C6664DE8-51DE-409D-AB82-F5C43DF96E13.jpeg ABC726E8-B6F3-442D-B653-70EA33329F54.jpeg
My bedroom had become a craft loft; you can see the insanity piled up behind me...lol! I was never more happy to be done, once our wedding day came!!
There is a sign of fatigue on my face, in that photo!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone looks so lovely! Handsome couples!!! I love wedding pictures. Its such a happy day (for most:P2).

First wedding dress...channeling Diana through the shoulders. 1990...end of the era of big shoulders. The rest of the dress
was mermaid with a detachable train. Man, I loved that dress! Now, when I look at the pictures it makes me giggle!:cheeky:
I dont really have any good pictures of my second wedding dress. Much simpler since it was a second wedding. We eloped so
it was just the two of us.

First wedding
first wedding dress.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone looks so lovely! Handsome couples!!! I love wedding pictures. Its such a happy day (for most:P2).

First wedding dress...channeling Diana through the shoulders. 1990...end of the era of big shoulders. The rest of the dress
was mermaid with a detachable train. Man, I loved that dress! Now, when I look at the pictures it makes me giggle!:cheeky:
I dont really have any good pictures of my second wedding dress. Much simpler since it was a second wedding. We eloped so

First wedding
first wedding dress.jpg
Gorgeous!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

First wedding
first wedding dress.jpg
Wow! You look like Sophia Loren starring in Dynasty!:love:

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread. All the brides are beautiful. I wonder if there is a classic dress that does not reflect an era or trend. Sleeves seem to be a big culprit in dating a dress. Puffy sleeves of the 70s and 80s, sleeveless, halter necks, of the 90s and 2000s, etc. Also shapes such as ball gowns of the 50s with tons of underlay petticoats or short gowns, slinky, fit and flare, mermaid for more recent times and layered/tiered dresses of the 70s and 80-s seem to date a dress. Finally veils (short, long ) and caps (60s and 70s), hats (80s)and tiaras(50s and 60s) etc add to the mix. Of course there are exceptions to these examples as each dress and bride is unique. But I wonder if there has been a design that has stood the test of time. For example a scoop neck with cap sleeves and empire design with minimal lace and beading accents? A simple veil?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You look like Sophia Loren starring in Dynasty!:love:

That's what makes me laugh...Look at those shoulders...I could have gone and played a football game after the reception!

@PintoBean You looked beautiful on your wedding day...I know you have some lovely photos...would you care to post?

@alpha238 Thank you...and where are your pics Ms child bride! I'm sure yours are just as lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! <3 It was our photographer. She's a true talent that started out as a food photographer for her own entries in cooking contests. She truly has evolved as an artist.

Bless her heart her beloved Corgi died the day before so some pictures were done for trash the dress on the beach a few weeks after the wedding. But she's still mustered through. The solo picture she turned into a painting for her studio.

IMG_1204.JPG View attachment 629554 View attachment 629555 IMG_1205.JPG IMG_0981.jpg

I've never seen more beautiful pictures than yours. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results