shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare These Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Midway

Rough_Rock
Stone A

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.300
. Depth %: 62.1
. Table %: 55.7
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52.2
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 75.3
. Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
. Measurements: 6.95-6.99X4.33
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Color H
Clarity VS2

$8169

Stone B

. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.280
. Depth %: 61.9
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52.1
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.3
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.95-6.97X4.31
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible Color H
Clarity SI1

$7,480

Which one would you choose? I know the stones are very similar, so I guess the question iis: is A worth the additional $700 to get the VS2 instead of SI1. I've been assurred that the SI1 is eye clean and the person at WF called it a "beautiful stone that I'll love." The other thing is should I be concerned about the darkness on the table that shows up on the ideal scope for the image of B? I really want to find the beautiful rock for by GF, and it's come down to these two. I'm leaning towards B so that I can get her a nicer custom setting, but don't know if I should just go with the VS2.

Also, the VS2 has thin to slightly thick girdle which I guess is holding the additional .02 carots. Is this just wasted weight? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
9.gif

Ideal Scope for B

1.28 ideal scope 1.JPG

Midway

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope for A (Sorry they're backwards)

1.3 ideal scope.jpg

Midway

Rough_Rock
Sarin for A

1.3 sarin.gif

Midway

Rough_Rock
Sarin for B

1.28 sarin.gif

Midway

Rough_Rock
AGS for A

1.3 AGS.gif

Midway

Rough_Rock
AGS for B

1.28 AGS.gif

Midway

Rough_Rock
ASET for B, not available for A.

1.28 aset.jpg

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
The stones look almost like identical twins in terms of the numbers. I can't really tell why they're priced $700 apart, almost 10%, although I suspect its because of a difference in color and/or clarity, which you don't give us.

Honestly, the idealscope for Rock A looks slightly better (more consistent red under the table), but not 10% better in my opinion. I'd go for B unless the color/clairty difference (or even the slightly better light return) in the two makes it worth it to spend the little extra.

Edit: I posted after your first post. Ah... yes, A is H/VS2 while B is H/SI1. Thus the difference. I still like A better absolutely (by a smidge), but think B is probably a better value since its close. Both stones look great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results