shape
carat
color
clarity

Community (TV show) & other shows that help you de-stress

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
I've been watching this show since it first started and I find myself falling more and more in love with it. I don't know what it is but I think it's one of the smartest shows on TV. I love that they don't shy away from making political references that cover topics that are relatively unknown by many Americans (issues w/ the World Bank/IMF/Free Trade, etc. etc) and they do it while being so nerdy and dorky.

Besides Arrested Development or Curb Your Enthusiasm, I have not found another show like this one... although 30 Rock is pretty good. But I could still watch the same Community show more than once and catch things that I missed the first time I watched it. Anyone else love it as much as I do ?

BTW, I think that they have the best theme song and I always want to do a little jig when I hear it. Check it out over here, you're not going to be able to stand still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGbjR1Y9Qo

I watch some reality TV but afterward it just makes my feel jumbled up, I don't actually feel good or relaxed after watching. I just sit there w/ a FTW look on my face :loopy: :twirl: but when I watch Community I have a pretty decent mental break and take myself less seriously afterward.

What are your favorite shows that help you de-stress and have a give you a good mental break?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Re: Community (TV show) & other shows that help you de-stres

I love The Big Bang Theory - totally nerdy, but really funny.

My favourite new show is Happy Endings. I think it's really well written and very true to life - plus, I kind of relate to one of the main characters (the girl that left her ex-FI at the altar), and it's one of those "Holy cow, that's my life!" shows. But I just love the relationships between all of the characters.

How I Met Your Mother - I love that they're tackling more complex issues, but still keep the show hilarious.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock

I love love love community. I have several epsiodes saved on my DVR b/c we can't bring ourselves to delete them! (Paintball epsiodes, i'm looking at you!)

I also love: How I met your Mother, Modern Family and Cougar town. (no seriously, it's good)

I have heard good things about Happy Endings from my friend who also love community. She has mentioned it was also quirky, fast paced non stop quips so I'm going to have to give that one a try.

ETA: ha, jinx, Princess. I am DEF giving Happy Endings a try now!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock

I loved Arrested Development! It was amazing.

I also love How I Met Your Mother. It is just so funny that it puts me in a great mood.

Desperate Housewives. I know that it is complex and there are a lot of oh no! plots. However, I really, really like it, so it makes me happy/stress free to watch it.

The Office. It is so stupid and makes me laugh and laugh.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Cakeny, the thing that cracks me up is my ex (that reminds me of the guy in the show) and I talk fairly frequently, and we're constantly quoting this show to each other, or saying "At least we didn't do *insert random scene from show*!"

You really have to watch the zombie apocolypse episode. That's my favourite. That and the tattoo episode.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

princesss|1305916626|2926723 said:
I love The Big Bang Theory - totally nerdy, but really funny.

Ditto!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Modern Family and Cougar Town. The Big Bang Theory is funny, too, but the others are my can't miss shows!

I also absolutely LOVE Party Down...so depressing that they only made 2 seasons!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock

Here's another for Happy Endings!! I love that show. I've mentioned it to a couple of friends and they didn't think it was funny :rolleyes: I seriously debated not talking to them anymore :cheeky:

I've been watching modern family lately and that is pretty funny too.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Big Bang Theory, The Office, Modern Family, Parks & Recreation, Outsourced and Chelsea Lately :))

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock

cakeny|1305916848|2926729 said:
I love love love community. I have several epsiodes saved on my DVR b/c we can't bring ourselves to delete them! (Paintball epsiodes, i'm looking at you!)

so good! but my favorite episode is the one where they built forts all throughout the school. So amazing. I want to go hang out w/ each of those characters.

going to give Happy Endings a try now. I heard that there's this other show that has the girl from the comedy Bridesmaids... I think it's about a couple that's "chubby" or something.

Modern Family is pretty good too, same goes with Parks & Rec.

BTW did you guys ever watch that Dead Like Me? that was real good too. Every show I fall in love with gets canceled!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock

Came here to say Parks & Rec. IMO it's funny in the same way Community is. Plus I LOVE Aziz Ansari.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

I love Community! OMG, the paintball episode and this season's zombie Halloween episode were KILLER - soooo good.

Big Bang Theory is my absolute fave though, followed by How I Met Your Mother (I'm pretty sure I got all three of these recommendations from Thing and Princesss, so good taste, ladies! :) ). Both are hilarious - and if you're looking for a "smart" funny show, BBT all the way (I am also not afraid to admit that it appeals to my inner dork, ha!)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

LOVE Community!!! So glad it got renewed. I also destress with Raising Hope which makes me crack up constantly. I also used to watch Outsourced but it got cancelled and I am SO upset about that!! They never gave it a chance when they moved it to 10:30pm. :((

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

Big bang theory,Raising Hope are my favorite comedy shows ,but the paint ball episodes on Community won me over and i will start watching next season!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock

I was all panicked for a minute today - I saw a promo for Zoey D's new show "The New Girl" and Damon Wayans Jr is in it!! Otherwise known as Brad on Happy Endings -- so I did some googling and found out that Happy Endings is picked up for a second season and his character in The New Girl will be re-cast. phew.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I thought the finale of Happy Endings last night was great! (I've been watching it since it started.) Speaking of the Brad character (Wayans), I thought it was HILARIOUS when he was in the hotel room in his boxers and someone else came in (Penny?) and he slowly melted down behind the couch to hide himself. :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Mine is Trailer Park Boys. I've probably seen every episode at this point being that I live in Canada and its on all of the time. Its so stupid, but funny. For some reason I get a super relaxed "my life is fine" feeling whenever I watch that show.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

Along with Community, I love How I Met Your Mother, Office, Big Bang Theory and Cougar Town is totally awesome!

I de-stress with a lot of decorating or cooking competition shows(Chopped being one of them).

The guys in my house like Breaking In, Tosh .O and Workaholics (inappropriate humor).

The Walking Dead zombie show was pretty entertaining and can't wait till there's more episodes.

I almost never watch something when it's actually on, I DVR everything and when I have some downtime, I catch up.

Anxiously waiting for NY Ink to start.

Hmmm, now I'm starting to see why my reading list this year is half the size it was last year.....must remedy that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results