shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this diamond for E-ring please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bmlmo

Rough_Rock
The folks at the local B&M probably won''t like the idea of me buying the ring from them but not the diamond, but I think I can get a better diamond from whiteflash after reading up on this forum.
They are wanting to set a .75ct F SI2 EGL certified diamond for $2900 in the E-ring I plan to buy from them. It it ideal cut and has ex symmetry and ex polish. I am hesistant though after reading on this site if I should do this or not. The diamond they have looks nice to me but I''m a 23 year old guy that hasn''t seen but a handful of diamonds. Anyways, I noticed this diamond on whiteflash. It is probably the maximum budget I have for a stone. I would like to stay near .75ct and $3100 or less. (After tax the $2900 stone the B&M has will be price equivilent to the whiteflash diamond)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-29128.htm

How likely is it this stone will be nicer than the EGL SI2 F stone they are trying to sell me? Also the B&M only gives a trade up if you double the price of the stone. It seems like whiteflash has the better upgrade option as well.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 12:06:53 AM
Author:bmlmo
How likely is it this stone will be nicer than the EGL SI2 F stone they are trying to sell me?
Very

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ACAs are some of the best cut stones in the world. no hyperbole. check if it is eye-clean.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 12:06:53 AM
Author:bmlmo

How likely is it this stone will be nicer than the EGL SI2 F stone they are trying to sell me? Also the B&M only gives a trade up if you double the price of the stone. It seems like whiteflash has the better upgrade option as well.

Is it an EGL USA Cert?? Or another EGL Lab??

EGL is not as consistent as AGS and GIA. Appraisers that post on Price Scope do have EGL diamonds that are right on the money on occassion. Most times, the color and/or clarity can be off by a grade or 2.

With an F/SI2, now you''re talking possibly G or H?? and maybe I1 or I2?? Either one being lower is a significant price dink. If both come in lower, that''s a huge price swing. Suddenly this F/SI2 goes from a $3K diamond to a $1300 diamond in the blink of an eye.

And if the Cut truely is not ID/ID or Ex/Ex for polish and symmetry, and Ex for light performance with an AGS grade, there''s more money.

Your best bet would be to stop by a couple of diamond brokers in your area. Look at various levels of cut and color. Pop in some jewelry stores that might carry Hearts on Fire or Lazar Kaplan diamonds and take a look at them. Then you''ll know for sure that Cut really does make a difference.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d make it easy on yourself and get the WF stone. To truly know if the stone they are offering is indeed what it should be, you''d need to have an appraisor look at it. That will cost you more money, and you still may end up not getting it.

Make sure the one you picked is eyeclean though, and if not, here''s another candidate.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-191605.htm#

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2007 6:44:24 AM
Author: Ellen
I''d make it easy on yourself and get the WF stone. To truly know if the stone they are offering is indeed what it should be, you''d need to have an appraisor look at it. That will cost you more money, and you still may end up not getting it.

Make sure the one you picked is eyeclean though, and if not, here''s another candidate.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-191605.htm#
And ditto!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are going to be so please with a well cut diamond!
36.gif

good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results