shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this diamond before I buy?

tarator

Rough_Rock
I have asked for an ideal scope, before I buy but do y ou think this is a good deal for an M diamond for 2700?

6.45-6.48 x 4.05 GIA Excellent Cut, SI2, M, 1.04 ct

Depth 62.3
Table 58
Crown 14.5
Pavilion Angel 41.4
Pavilion Depth 44
Star 50
Lower Half 85
Girdle Medium to Slightly think
Cult None

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very good
Flouresence Medium Blue

image005.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tarator|1307038913|2936323 said:
I have asked for an ideal scope, before I buy but do y ou think this is a good deal for an M diamond for 2700?

6.45-6.48 x 4.05 GIA Excellent Cut, SI2, M, 1.04 ct

Depth 62.3
Table 58
Crown 14.5
Pavilion Angel 41.4
Pavilion Depth 44

Star 50
Lower Half 85
Girdle Medium to Slightly think
Cult None

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very good
Flouresence Medium Blue

image005.jpg
cut too deep.

tarator

Rough_Rock
Any other thoughts? I haven't found another diamond to compare it with. HP has an N for 3500 but that is too much for me and I don't want an N. BG have some .90cts but that's a little smaller than I was hoping for.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this one is better...have you seen any pics? Make sure its not leaning to far on the brown side for you.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
tarator|1307115472|2936901 said:

Yes, it's better than the first one you posted, but it's facing up a little small because of the thick girdle. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that diamond color varies from stone to stone, especially in the K and lower color grades.

And a deeper, Very Good cut M color stone may look more tinted than a well-cut N. In addition, a well-cut, lower color diamond will look brighter and crisper than a poorly cut stone. Diamonds that are flat and lifeless are not appealing, no matter what the color, but in my experience, lower color diamonds benefit even more from superior cut than do higher color stones, especially in low light, where they really look different from their higher color sisters :)

It's not enough to go by the color grade alone, and I would encourage you to find the best cut diamond you can afford, and consider broadening your color choices to include L, M, and N. There's nothing magic about the "M" color grade, since color is graded on a continuum, and you may be looking at M stones that were borderline N's and vice versa.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
HPD has some of the best lower color RBs I have seen around these parts. I would pony up for an infinity stone, personally. And when you get that low in color, an N is better than an M in my book, because the tint looks *purposeful*. If you don't want tint, stick to J and above and drop size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results