shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on these stones much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbreff

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am searching for a round diamond with a budget of 10-12K. I have narrowed my candidates
down to, or in the neighborhood of, G VS2. Given this, it appears one can go with either
a slightly higher quality stone that is less than 1.5 carats, or a slightly less quality
stone that is more than 1.5 carats. What I am not too sure about is how significant the
drop in quality would be for the bigger stones. Below are 2 stones I have found in each
category. I would really appreciate your comments/suggestions - I am starting to feel
overwhelmed!

33.gif

1.283 G VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-179762.htm

1.31 G VS1
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-210364.htm

1.557 H VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-210305.htm

1.61 G VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-140219.htm

Many thanks in advance,
Keith

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Balancing quality with size can be tricky, for sure. What's nice about all the stones you've pointed out (all either WF ACA or ES), is that they will all be very quality stones. From what I understand from reading these boards for a few months, some really nice deals can be found in the ES stones, simply b/c to qualify as an ACA stone, very strict parameters must be met. In other words, you're talking about maybe the difference between a "superideal" (ACA) and an "ideal" stone - or even a "just-slighty-under-superideal" - so by moving up in size and down to the ES stones, you're really not sacraficing quality in any substantial way (not like going from "ideal" to, say, "very good").

I personally like the 1.557 best (even though its the only H) b/c it has the best IS image to my eye and is within your budget (whereas the 1.61 is a little over).

Good luck!
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with either of the last two. I love G-H and VS, so I liked all your choices! The larger ones have good prices, IMO.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for the H 1.557

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the H 1.557

william_v

Rough_Rock
vote for the H

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the H

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:20:21 AM
Author: KtIceRN
Another vote for the H
Sorry to hijack this thread but KtIceRN . . . is that your new ring in your avatar? Did you get it set? Pictures?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Hikerchick, it is my new stone. I posted picks in a thread called my upgrade form whiteflash. I am not sure how to link it but if you look under my posts it will be there.

Our rings as well as are stones are somewhat similar......kinda funny huh!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:46:38 AM
Author: KtIceRN
Yes Hikerchick, it is my new stone. I posted picks in a thread called my upgrade form whiteflash. I am not sure how to link it but if you look under my posts it will be there.

Our rings as well as are stones are somewhat similar......kinda funny huh!
DUH !!! I am so spacey sometimes . . . I had seen it and thought about how similar mine was gonna look and thought yours was so pretty but didn''t put the two and two together . . .
sorry again for the treadjack, will quit now.
emembarrassed.gif

kbreff

Rough_Rock
Many thanks to all who replied...I just purchased the H. Can''t wait ''til
she sees it!

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results